Victory Carpentry

Reviews for Victory Carpentry

Sondra
Sondra

Front Porch and Basement Steps Rebuild

First, we needed to rebuild a couple of our basement steps incl the landing which was completely rotted out. Victor was able to preserve the original size of the stairwell while rebuilding the rotted landing and steps. He also very cleverly built a new railing using scraps of wood that we had left over from other work. This was an interior railing leading to our basement apartment which is why we were pleased to not have to spend a great deal of money on something that would likely get banged up as furniture/boxes were being moved in and out by tenants. Once we painted the railing, one would not know that Victor used scraps of wood. To no surprise, the railing passed inspection with no issues.

Secondly, Victor and his great team built a new landing and steps for our front porch, including the skirting. The skill of the entire team was really evident as they had to work with the framing of the porch built by our framer which had a couple of issues to say the least. It turned out fantastic!

Finally I would like to add that Victor and his team were a pleasure to deal with throughout as they worked efficiently but had a lot of fun while doing their work. Victor always returned my calls and responded to texts promptly while arrangements were being made for the project. I would not hesitate to use Victor's services again!

Thanks Sondra looking forward to your next project.

Backyard Dream Reno

Victor and his team created a fantastic backyard for our family! His team was professional and accommodating throughout. The scope of the project included a new fence, stone patio, landscaping, lounge deck, open air covered area for pool equipment, and a pool cabana (with extra storage). We are very happy with the final product and can't wait for the spring time to enjoy our new backyard.

Thanks Craig & family!
Look forward to doing more projects with you & your family thanks.

New Basement from Concrete Box to Finished Space

Having worked with Victor on a front porch project at our last house, we didn't hesitate to hire him to finish the basement in our new house, and couldn't be happier with the results!

Victor brought not only his many years of experience, but a team of professionals in every field to get our project done. Victor and his team did everything from upgrading the electrical service, upgrading and moving the ventilation system, and new plumbing, to putting in drywall and a sound-proofed ceiling, a new floor, a new kitchen and bathroom, and every other component in between.

Victor's friendly attitude made it a pleasure to work with him, which is especially important on such a large project. He approached everything with a positive perspective, and communicated every step of the way to make sure our vision was always being captured. His passion for the project and his perfectionist approach really show in all of the finer details that made this project such a success. Don't take my word for it - take a look at the photos for yourself!

I would not hesitate to hire Victor for any project large or small, and am really looking forward to working with him on many more in the years to come.

Thanks David and Wade look forward to the next project !

Kristin in Toronto
Kristin in Toronto

Subfloor Replacement and Levelling

We called Victor after finding that our existing subfloor was in need of removal and replacement. He met with us and was very honest about the work required, gave us a very reasonable quote and, most importantly, he and his team did an exceptional job.
The floor, which was previously very uneven, is now close to level and extremely sturdy. He and his team provided a result that was better and faster than we ever could have hoped for.
Victor communicated with us throughout the project and was incredibly professional and honest.
We would absolutely work with them again have already recommended him to others!

Thanks Kristin & Paul.
I'm happy you & your family can move into your house.

Anton in Toronto
Anton in Toronto

Front porch rebuild

We needed our front porch to be rebuilt. We spent time talking to a few companies and Victor stood out above the rest. He took time to explain what needed to be done. He and his team worked quickly and got the job done on schedule. The new porch is amazing and our family spends a lot of time out front. Thank you Victor!

Thanks Anton it was a pleasure working for you ! Please give us a call again.

Alejandro in Richmond Hill
Alejandro in Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Replacement of a subfloor

I called Victor on a Sunday, days after a carpenter that I had previoiusly scheduled to complete a job bailed on me and needed someone ASAP. I explained the situation to Victor and he was able to accomodate me within a week. Victor, Mike and Pete came in on a Saturday, worked diligently and professionally to get the job done within the day. Price was fair and workmanship was exceptional. These guys really know what they're doing. I'm only calling Victory Carpentry for all of my jobs from now on.

Thanks Alex! We are happy to help!

Fireplace

We installed a gas fireplace in our lining room, Victor and team put together and executed on a thoughtful plan to incorporate our new fireplace into our living space as we needed. His team did a great job and we are extremely happy with the final product. Victor was on time and on budget!!!

Thanks Craig. We appreciate working with you & your family.

Mark from Toronto
Mark from Toronto

Front porch

Victor has completed a bunch of high quality projects for our family, and this time it was a beautiful wood front porch. Victor and his team has a great attention to detail and is friendly and easy to work with. Pricing is also very fair and transparent. You really cannot go wrong with Victory Carpentry.

Thanks Mark and family ! we always enjoy working for you and your family look forward to the next project

Bathroom Reno

Victor and his team exceeded all of my expectations. They were professional, clean, fair and most importantly, did great work. Would highly reccomend for any job - big or small!

Thank you for the great review cheers

Front Porch Rebuild

I hired Victor after getting quotes from several contractors, and some of the key reasons I hired him were his honest, transparent approach to quoting me and the way he showed that he 'got' my vision for the job and wanted to make sure he got the details right.

Well am I ever happy I did. What started out as refacing the front of my house and replacing just the railing on my porch, turned into a much bigger job. Unlike the quotes from other carpenters, Victor had forewarned me right from the start that there was no telling what the porch might look like when demo started on the covered railings, and that there was a chance it could turn into a bigger job than expected. He explained how costs could look under different circumstances, so that I knew what I was getting into before it was too late to turn back from the start of demo.

Sure enough, the old railing was covered in aluminum sheeting, and when demo started it turned out the sheeting was hiding a rotting wood porch structure badly in need of replacement. Victor showed me where the wood was rotting so I could see the issue firsthand. Even though it turned into a replacement of the entire porch structure rather than just the railings, Victor was honest and transparent every step of the way, so I knew where every extra dollar was going. His crew was also very professional and easy to get along with, making the whole job a pleasant experience.

The results are stunning, and now I know the porch structure will be secure for decades to come. The front of the house was beautifully refaced in cedar shake siding, and the porch design is exactly what I'd envisioned. We've been getting complements from all of our friends, neighbours and even random passers-by for the quality of Victor and his team's workmanship.

I would highly recommend Victor and his team for any job, big or small (and especially small jobs that could become big, like mine did!)

Thanks David & Wade for the great review!
You guys are great to work with “
Looking forward to working with you guys again.

More about Victory Carpentry

Welcome to Victory Carpentry. We offer general contracting services with a focus on medium sized projects (20k-250k). We provide the full scope of renovations to your existing house from full reconstruction to additions and project management from design to completion including all sub-trades. We also do landscaping, floating decks and stone work. Contact us today for to schedule an appointment with us.