Encore Painting Ltd

Toronto ON

InstagramFacebook

Reviews for Encore Painting Ltd

Great Job

Professional. Efficient. Thorough. Friendly. What more could you ask for from a painting company? Highly recommend Encore.

Thanks so much for writing us a review and for the praise and recommendation!
We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you on future projects

Bonnie in North York
Bonnie in North York

Painted my new condo

Great job painting and freshening up my new condo.
Tidy and efficient.
Excellent communication throughout the entire process.
I would completely recommend this company for your painting needs.

Hi Bonnie

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review for us and for the recommendation!

It was our pleasure to paint and freshen up your new home.

Paint Exterior of House

Encore Painting did a great job painting the exterior of my semi-detached home. They were prompt, professional, and the price was reasonable. Have received lots of compliments on how the work has transformed my house and significantly boosted curb appeal. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are so happy to hear about the transformation of your exterior and how well it turned out! Client satisfaction from start to finish is always our goal!

Full Condo Repaint

It's been a pleasure working with the Encore team. Great communication, efficient and quality service.

Thank you so much for writing us this review

We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with us from start to finish on your painting transformation!

Exterior Painting - Home and Garage

Was a really good experience working with Encore. Lauren was very responsive to the quote request and helped us both book the work and select the right paint colours. The crew arrived on time, were very professional and finished the work with great care and precision. We are very grateful! We will definitely use their services again and highly recommend them. Thanks Encore team!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us. It was our pleasure to transform your home and garage!

We are so pleased to know you are happy with your entire encore experience and we are looking forward to working with you again on future projects!

Rushed Job

A rushed job with many small areas missed. They had to come back for a lot of touch-ups and still missed one of the spots that was marked with painters tape.

They worked to make things right but it should have been done right the first time.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your experience.

We are sorry you felt the job was rushed, we are constantly striving to give our clients a great experience and are always happy to come back right away to fix any areas that don’t meet your expectations.

416-670-6589

Main floor painting and ceiling repair

The Encore team painted my main floor and re-plastered and painted a large portion of my living room ceiling. The whole experience was very smooth. Alex responded quickly to my emails and the team that came to do the work was very professional and polite. They completed the job in two days! Im planning to hire Encore again.

Thank you so much for writing this review, we appreciate the feedback.

We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with Alex and the painting team, and it was our pleasure to re-plaster and repaint your ceiling as well as your walls.

We are looking forward to our next painting project together!

KarenF
KarenF

Condo Full Paint

From start to finish Lauren was very professional, clear, efficient, and responsive. Lauren gave great advice around paint colour choices, and kept me posted at each stage of the process as I was not on site. With her oversight, Anna came and painted my entire 2 bedroom condo, expertly and cleanly, in two days. When I requested a minor touch up, she and Anna were back the very next morning. The place looks beautiful and completely refreshed. Thank you Lauren and Anna for taking such good care throughout the process. I'm so pleased and will be calling on you again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review.

We are so thrilled to hear how happy you were from start to finish and that you are loving your refreshed condo.

We look forward to working with you on future projects

Painting my New Condo

Everyone I dealt with at Encore Painting , from Michelle on the phone, Lauren who did the estimate and Anna who painted for 3 days were polite, helpful and considerate of my wishes. They gave good advice when asked ie about paint colour and went the extra mile when needed. They arrived on time and if not , phoned to let me know they were delayed .
My place looks like new !
I would highly recommend their services
Judy F

Hi Judy
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we truly appreciate it.

Working with you was our pleasure and we are so happy to hear that you are happy with not only your painting transformation but the service that we are able to provide for you as well.

Thomas
Thomas

They're fast

Encore was recommended to me by my real estate agent who has used the company for staging homes for sale. I have never hired painters before as I have usually done it myself. However, as a busy dad with a whole house to paint, I knew I couldn't take on the job myself. So I hired the company to paint the main and second floor of my house (1500 sqft total), mostly all in the same colour.

Lauren, the project manager, was easy to work with and communicated well. Scheduling was easy and the painters always showed up on time. However, the work was completed very quickly by 2 painters who seemed irritated the whole time. The resulting paint job is decent but by no means spectacular. The part we are most satisfied with are the colour choices, which Encore did not play any part in.

Prep work was minimal, so the poor condition of the old surfaces (trims, in particular) remains, just with a new colour on top. The painters painted over the dimming mechanism of a couple of light switches causing them not to work which I had to call out to them. I also had to call them back to touch up several areas that were not painted properly. Buckets of paint were carelessly left open in my house we found out when my kid stuck his hand into an open bucket and his whole hand got covered.

At the end of the day, I feel like I paid a premium price for average work.

It's clear to me that Encore's main skill is speed. Unfortunately, this is quite common in the trades as everyone is trying to squeeze in as many jobs as possible to maximize profits. So to be fair, this critique is not really unique to Encore, however I can say that they do not rise above the crowd and therefore no chance to earn 5 stars.

In summary, if you need your painting done fast, if you are sure about your colours, and if you're willing to pay a premium for fast and punctual work, these are your people. No wonder the stagers love them. But for me as a home owner, next time I need a painter, I will be looking for something different.

Hi Thomas

Thank you so much for taking the time to write out this review. It’s feedback like this that helps us to improve in the future.

We hold our painters to a very high standard, and expect friendly and professional attitudes as well a professional and tidy workplace. We will be speaking with the painting team that was assigned to your job.

More about Encore Painting Ltd

Interior Painting
We understand that we are guests in your house. The utmost respect is paid to maintaining an environment that is as safe and clean as possible.

Preparation
We use clean plastic drop sheets on all furniture.
Durable canvas drop sheets cover the floor.
During sanding, plastic sheets will be taped over entrances to contain the dust.
If requested by customer, all holes and cracks are filled and feather sanded to ensure all edges are smoothed.
Finish Coat

Top grade paints are applied to ensure quality and a job that is washable and durable.
All cut lines and edging are neat and clean.

Commercial
We know that your company’s appearance leaves a lasting impression with your clients, and with the help of experienced painters, you can make it a great one. We understand that work must go on in the work place so we endeavour to work around your business schedule. We do this by painting one room at a time or scheduling weekend work to make sure your business is not disturbed.

No VOC (volatile organic compound) paints are used, keeping office air fresh and healthy for all employees. From start to finish, your commercial painting project will receive attention to detail that only experience can offer.

Exterior Painting
Proper preparation of any painting project is the ground work to ensuring a long-lasting, quality job. With this in mind, our painters will:

Thoroughly power wash entire exterior surface if requested, or the project requires it
Cover all landscaping, bushes, driveways and other non-painted areas as required
Seal all cracks in wood, brick or stucco to seal out moisture
Hard scrape to remove all loose and peeling paint
Light sand all scraped areas to take some of the edges off
Provide optional feather sanding, using power sanders and additional hand sanding which leaves no edges where the previous layers existed
High grade primers are applied to the thoroughly prepped areas to seal in bare spots. The Finish Coat is what seals the thoroughly prepped surface and is what gives the fresh look that you and your neighbours will admire. Top of the line Sherwin William, Homestead House and Benjamin Moore paints are typically used to ensure a quality, long lasting job. Even paint coverage is done to provide visual consistency.

Exterior painting serves two important functions:

Protect your investment. Nature’s elements, like UV rays, moisture and Canada’s gruelling winters take their toll on exposed brick and wood over time. It is much more cost effective to prepare the surface and re-paint than to have to replace the material. The second is to provide an aesthetically pleasing finish to your home.

Pride of ownership is evident in many neighbourhoods. The best way to achieve that is that have your biggest investment looking fresh and updated.

Pressure Washing
In addition to painting, we offer pressure washing, which is used for freshening the siding and decking of your property. Many types of mildew, mould and other foreign substances can grow on and around buildings. Pressure cleaning will revitalize siding and wood surfaces making them look new again. These are also used for preparing them for their new finish.

Pressure washing technology combines your household water with environmentally friendly cleansers designed not only to clean, but to deter future mildew growth. Our cleansers are biodegradable and safe around gardens and trees.

This cleaning will be followed by a high pressure rinse to remove the detergents and any remaining dirt, mold, mildew, and peeling paint.