Encore Painting Ltd

Paint & Wallpaper Contractors
Toronto ON

InstagramFacebook

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 5 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 5 times

Reviews for Encore Painting Ltd

Painting 3 rooms

Encore were on time, efficient, a very good good painter. We were very pleased with the job. Would highly recommend.

-svmvnthv- in Toronto
-svmvnthv- in Toronto

Great experience

Great overall experience from start to finish. Their team made sure to follow up throughout the process and the painters were very courteous and managed to finish everything in 1 day

I would recommend to anyone looking to get their house painted

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

Painting of 1+1 Condo

We were looking for a company to paint our new 705 sq. ft. condo before we moved in, and we were having a lot of trouble finding a company that could do it within a couple of weeks. The only estimate we received before hiring Encore Painting was for $2700, which seemed awfully high at the time.

We were relieved, then, when it seemed like Encore Painting would be able to do the work for us. I will say, though, that the company's lack of quick communication was a bit of a red flag right from the get-go. (For example, I responded to several questions needed to provide an estimate, and after no reply for two days, I had to follow up on my initial response.)

After a bit of back and forth, we received an estimate for $2147, with the caveat that it didn't include closets or the laundry room. We mentioned we didn't need the bathroom or laundry room painted, so I received a reply that they would "switch around the working and remove the bathroom and paint 2 closets." Great! We accepted the estimate and booked a date.

On that day, my wife allowed them entry into the condo and asked the painters to please let my parents, who live nearby, know when the work was complete so they could come over and lock up. We didn't hear a word from anyone all day. Finally, at around 6:00PM, I asked my father to head over and see if they were still working. They had apparently finished some time earlier, as the place was clean and all their equipment was gone. I have no idea how long our condo was sitting unlocked.

This was on a Friday. We didn't hear again from the company until Sunday, when we were told the bill was being prepared and that we would be able to discuss it on Monday. My wife was told that it would be a "little bit more" than originally discussed, so we figured it might be an extra hundred or two.

Before I go any further, let me first say that the painters did an absolutely incredible job. We have no complaints about the work, as the apartment looks amazing and the painters did an excellent job of repairing the various dents and holes in the walls. They even managed to cover up the blackboard wall that was in the kitchen. I can't stress enough how happy we were/are with the job Encore did.

However, we received our final bill on the Sunday and it was for $2825, which is a full $678 more than our original estimate. I was, quite frankly, in shock. We received no indication or hint that the cost was going to be so much more than the initial estimate. Why didn't we receive a call or text on the day of the work that it would cost so much more? I'm more upset about the lack of communication than I am about the cost itself.

Again, I will say that the apartment looks great. I have no complaints about the work. But delivering a final bill that far exceeds the original estimate without so much as a heads up or a warning seems completely unprofessional to me.

Dave K in Oakville
Dave K in Oakville
3 reviews Guelph, ON

Painting of whole house

Simply amazed at the quality, speed and professionalism of this team. Wonderful job at a competitive price! Thank you Lauren, Gabor and Adam! Will definitely use you again whenever we have painting needs.

Michael
Michael

Repaint 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Apartment

We hired Encore Painters to paint our last home so I was pretty confident that they would do a good job. After all, I wasn't even present when they painted our last home, I just went with what our realtor advised. We have known our realtor for 30 years and trust her implicitly. The job was done per our requirements and within the time window. Not to mention that the price was very close to the estimate! All in all I recommend Lauren and her team to anyone who is willing to hire a quality group.

Jane in Mississauga
Jane in Mississauga

Spring Makeover

Encore painted our main hallway, upper hallway, and entire basement -which is also our company office. They arrived and finished on time; did a beautiful job; and left everything clean so we could get back to work quickly. Would highly recommend!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate the feedback.

We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your new home / office space!

We look forward to working with you again on future projects

Jose
Jose
4 reviews Aurora, ON

Great attention to details

Brandon and the team did a great job and made me feel I hired friends for the job. The scope changed but they adjusted effortlessly to my requirements.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience working with Brandon and the Encore team.

We are so glad to hear you are happy with the work and enjoyed the experience.

We look forward to working with you on future projects

www.encorepaintingltd.com

Full house - paint to sell

I would highly recommend Encore to anyone looking to get any painting done in their house. We were referred to them by two separate people to paint our entire house before putting it up for sale. The whole process of working with them was so easy and professional. Lauren communicated with us the whole time about what needed to be done on both ends, and provided us with updates, photos, etc. The painting crew also did an amazing job - our house has never looked better. Their prices are also incredibly reasonable. I immediately asked Encore to paint our new house! Thank you, Lauren + team!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We truly appreciate the positive review and feedback.

It makes us happy to hear that you are happy with the finished project but also that you had a great experience with us.

We are looking forward to working with you again soon!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Our whole house

Encore was so easy to deal with! They were responsive from the first contact. Lauren was always a text away and answered any question I had. I followed her great advice and the house looks spectacular! The team came in and worked hard to renew the look of my home - trim, walls, ceiling. They were fast and did a great job! Highly recommend them!

Thank you so much for the great review and positive feedback!
We're always so happy to hear that you are happy with your newly painted home and how much you enjoyed the experience.
We look forward to working with you on future projects!

Condo painting

These guys do an incredible painting job all around. Very reasonably priced, transparent & responsive! Will 100% use them again!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your positive feedback.

We are so glad to hear that you're happy with your home and enjoyed the experience.

We look forward to working with you on future projects!

More about Encore Painting Ltd

Interior Painting
We understand that we are guests in your house. The utmost respect is paid to maintaining an environment that is as safe and clean as possible.

Preparation
We use clean plastic drop sheets on all furniture.
Durable canvas drop sheets cover the floor.
During sanding, plastic sheets will be taped over entrances to contain the dust.
If requested by customer, all holes and cracks are filled and feather sanded to ensure all edges are smoothed.
Finish Coat

Top grade paints are applied to ensure quality and a job that is washable and durable.
All cut lines and edging are neat and clean.

Commercial
We know that your company’s appearance leaves a lasting impression with your clients, and with the help of experienced painters, you can make it a great one. We understand that work must go on in the work place so we endeavour to work around your business schedule. We do this by painting one room at a time or scheduling weekend work to make sure your business is not disturbed.

No VOC (volatile organic compound) paints are used, keeping office air fresh and healthy for all employees. From start to finish, your commercial painting project will receive attention to detail that only experience can offer.

Exterior Painting
Proper preparation of any painting project is the ground work to ensuring a long-lasting, quality job. With this in mind, our painters will:

Thoroughly power wash entire exterior surface if requested, or the project requires it
Cover all landscaping, bushes, driveways and other non-painted areas as required
Seal all cracks in wood, brick or stucco to seal out moisture
Hard scrape to remove all loose and peeling paint
Light sand all scraped areas to take some of the edges off
Provide optional feather sanding, using power sanders and additional hand sanding which leaves no edges where the previous layers existed
High grade primers are applied to the thoroughly prepped areas to seal in bare spots. The Finish Coat is what seals the thoroughly prepped surface and is what gives the fresh look that you and your neighbours will admire. Top of the line Sherwin William, Homestead House and Benjamin Moore paints are typically used to ensure a quality, long lasting job. Even paint coverage is done to provide visual consistency.

Exterior painting serves two important functions:

Protect your investment. Nature’s elements, like UV rays, moisture and Canada’s gruelling winters take their toll on exposed brick and wood over time. It is much more cost effective to prepare the surface and re-paint than to have to replace the material. The second is to provide an aesthetically pleasing finish to your home.

Pride of ownership is evident in many neighbourhoods. The best way to achieve that is that have your biggest investment looking fresh and updated.

Pressure Washing
In addition to painting, we offer pressure washing, which is used for freshening the siding and decking of your property. Many types of mildew, mould and other foreign substances can grow on and around buildings. Pressure cleaning will revitalize siding and wood surfaces making them look new again. These are also used for preparing them for their new finish.

Pressure washing technology combines your household water with environmentally friendly cleansers designed not only to clean, but to deter future mildew growth. Our cleansers are biodegradable and safe around gardens and trees.

This cleaning will be followed by a high pressure rinse to remove the detergents and any remaining dirt, mold, mildew, and peeling paint.