I spoke with Mark in 2017 about requirements and costs and color choices. He was super easy to work with and patient with me as I took my time to evaluate traditional roofing solutions and other metal roofing companies. My family looked at many houses across Toronto that had HyGrade roofs as well as competitor roofs (Each company gives out addresses of past jobs, with owner permission).
After months I committed to HyGrade. There was some time delay in the work start due to staffing and weather - but it did not affect my needs. The work was done in Jun 2017. The roof is great - serves its purpose as a long lasting roof.
There were just a few things to note...
1. Unfortunately, my neighbor told me one of the contractors backed into her car causing thousands of dollars in damages. He left his name (Peter) and number on her car, but never picked up the phone when she called him. I tried calling HyGrade on her behalf to find out if there was any other contact info. In the end, there was no way for us to get him to respond - so she had to cover the damages herself.
2. I had asked that one small portion of the house have the existing roofing stripped and that the material be left in the driveway for us to dispose of (instead of paying extra to have the company dispose of it). I had to pay extra to have this work done. However, I was not at home to see the work done and there was never any material left in my driveway. When I tried calling the contractor to confirm the work was done as required, he wouldn't pick up the phone (see #1 above). So either the work was NOT done or they did do the work plus went the extra step of disposing the asphalt sheets for me.
3. A corner piece blew off in a big rain/wind storm within a year. I called the company and they immediately came over and replaced it. What was strange was that there was only one nail in the piece - I would have expected more. I had also asked if this was normal but also received no response from the company. 10 stars for coming over as quickly as they did - they definitely stand by their warranty. Questionable stars for initial work done that even allowed for a piece to blow off - luckily it didn't hit anyone or anything. It landed in our driveway.
4. Lastly, as the old roof was left on for the majority of the roof, there are pieces of it visible sticking out from under the metal roof. It's possible that the old roof had excessive overhang - but it would have been nice if the metal had fully covered the red or they had somehow trimmed those bits back. In the end, I rarely look at the roof and so it's not that noticeable and I don't think affects the roof function.
Overall, I highly value the metal roof - the strength and longevity. The neighbors have given me complements and I'm glad I didn't put more asphalt on. Over the last 2.5 years I've noticed the snowguards stop the snow from sliding off initially, and then it comes off in big chunks. The color is just as good and even as it was when it was installed. Overall I'm very satisfied with the product.
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
We strive to be open and upfront with our customers, and greatly appreciate this feedback. Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns.
In regard to your neighbor’s vehicle, after checking through our notes, it doesn’t appear that Hy-Grade was notified of this situation. We do apologize you had issues reaching the installer directly, however we strongly encourage customers to call head office in these situations, including neighbors if issues arise during the installation.
After checking all the original paperwork, it was listed on your contract for us to strip the section you had listed, so we can assure you it would have been done at the time of install. Since it was listed clearly that you intended to dispose of the materials, the installer likely disposed of those materials as an additional courtesy to you while cleaning the job site.
In rare circumstances we do experience human error in our installation. When the piece of ridge cap came off of your roof, we investigated the cause and fixed the issue while we were there. During the installation a fastener was missed on one side of our ridge cap at the gable. As you are aware, we do a full quality control inspection, however sometimes we can miss a single fastener in these reviews. A roof the size of yours will on average have about 5600 fasteners! We’re glad that you were pleased with our response time, as we always try to ensure our customers receive attention as quickly as possible, especially in a situation like this. We are proud of our 50-year warranty and appreciate your feedback here.
Based on our Quality Control inspection photos, we’re not able to see the area you’ve mentioned where the asphalt is visible from beneath. If you have concerns about this area, please call our Service Department.
We hope we have addressed all of your concerns, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We’re thrilled that overall, you’ve been very happy with your Hy-Grade experience and the last roof your home will ever need.