Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal

Margot Bai from East Gwillimbury
Margot Bai from East Gwillimbury
2 reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

Roof replacement

I had a complicated roofing job that needed a highly competent roofer who could get it right and offer a fair price. Jay Carter delivered with a team of 10 guys who replaced all the shingles in one day with great workmanship on the complicated angles. The flat roofing portion was completed the next day including some finishing work. Jay gave me an fair quote and included my back garage to cinch up the deal. I feel comfortable that the CertainTeed Landmark Pro shingles and are a higher quality and the top of the line warranty gives me peace of mind that my roof will last. I would highly recommend Jay Carter for your roofing job - he is a busy guy so be patient - he is worth it!

Craig from Aurora
Craig from Aurora
1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Roof

They did the roof on my mother in laws house and shingled right over a vent hole in the roof deck. After repeated calls to have them come back to cut the shingles and put the vent they just never came back. The vent was for the stove and it developed mold in the attic, not good service....

Tanya from Aurora
Tanya from Aurora
2 reviews Aurora, ON

New roof

I got 3 more quotes before selecting Jay Carter roofing for their competitive prices and direct approach. They completed the work on time, cleaned up well and overall did a good job. They seem rto be really professional too.

LaraB in Etobicoke
LaraB in Etobicoke
6 reviews Etobicoke, ON

New roof

After receiving around 8 quotes for roofing, I remembered to contact DirectBuy as we are members and ask if we have any roofing services. To my surprise, we did, and they referred me to Jay Carter Roofing, and for me the mere fact that he's recommended by DirectBuy gives me peace of mind, as they wouldn't link their name to anyone unless he provides excellent quality service. Jay responded immediately, and provided me with a "satellite" quote within the same day, and I was surprised to see that he had all the accurate information and measurements even without coming - making the whole process efficient and quickly responsive. His proposal was detailed, professional, and technically he offered superior work to others (even though we had highly rated roofers come in to give us estimates), especially with regards to ventilation. He used high quality material (for shingles, underlayment, starter, ice and water shield, Maximum vent) and was clear about the brand and specs of everything he was going to use. His quote was excellent too, and I didn't even feel the need to negotiate. The next day Jay came to double check the site, and got me samples of the shingles (he also offered me premium designer shingles (Certainteed Landmark PRO) for a fantastic price (while other roofers who quoted us didn't offer them and few even use them). He also offered to contact and coordinate with an attic insulator, which we really appreciated. He accepted to do the job two days later as I was travelling and our roof was leaking, and everything came on time and professionally. He was very pleasant, and answered all our questions, and highly impressed me and my husband (who is a finicky engineer). Scott and the guys finished the work in 1 day, and we noticed they didn't cut corners, took their time to do things well, and left us with a gorgeous roof that all the neighbours commented on!
Jay came in two days later to inspect the shingles and the site, and cleaned up personally whatever debris he could find and that fell from the bin.

We will have to wait for a couple of seasons of wind and rain to check the actual quality of the work (we don't anticipate any issues to be honest), and will update this review accordingly, but for now, our experience was excellent, and I highly recommend this company and have no reservation referring my friends and family to Jay. Thank you Jay, Scott, Debbie, and all the workers at Jay Carter Roofing.

Padma Daniella from Woodbridge
Padma Daniella from Woodbridge
3 reviews Woodbridge, ON

roofing

I was satisfied with the job that was done. They were very efficient in completing it on time and did a very neat job. Although The price was a bit high. Overall I would recommend this company to a friend.

Michelle in Newmarket
Michelle in Newmarket
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

Roof replacement

We had our roof, including roofboards replaced this summer. Out of all the roofers we met with, Jay Carter seemed the most knowledgeable. After the work was done, (they finished late at night) a supervisor came the next morning to review the work, he was not satisfied with some of the shingles and had the crew re-do that small section. We did not have the boards replaced on our garage but in hindesight we should have as one board is a bit wavy. It was not made clear to me that the roofers would be unable to hammer down and fix this board. Otherwise ,they did a good job

Sam Wright in Newmarket
Sam Wright in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Re- Roofing CertainTeed Shingles

Our salesman Robert Crowe was very attentive, friendly, & professional. The crew completed the job in one day, and had everything cleaned up as well. The inspector was also very professional & friendly. We have no complaints and would gladly recommend to anyone that needed a new roof!

amandarossland
amandarossland
1 review Newmarket, ON

I had my roof done by Jay Carter Roofing three years ago. I recently discovered insulation and shingles in my back yard. I immediately called Jay Carter Roofing to inspect the work. They responded within 1 hr of my call. Robert from Jay Carter Roofing inspected my roof and informed me that squirrels had eaten threw a roof vent damageing the roof. I was impressed that Robert backed up his findings with pictures. I was surprised to see the damage. I was more surprised when Robert asked if he could call an exterminator to remove the pest before he made the repairs. I agreed to his request and the exterminator and Robert returned the next. The squirrels were removed and the damage to my roof was repaired. I naturally expected an invoice for the service provided by Jay Carter Roofing and the exterminator. The bill was only $150.00 for the cost of the exterminator. There was no charge for Roberts’s time or repair. I was happy with the original installation and even more satisfied with Jay Carter Roofing’s commitment to after sale service. I will recommend them to anyone looking for a good honest Roofer.

More about Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal

Jay Carter Roofing is a family-owned, full-service, roofing and contracting company that has been serving the GTA for more than 10 years. We operate with a staff of 35 professionals and we're still growing. We hold regular educational seminars for our installers so their skills and knowledge will always be ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Newmarket?