Moving & Storage

LadyJ
LadyJ
1 review Oshawa, ON

Excellent Service and Staff

On September 28th, 2021 Toronto Van Lines moved my daughter and I into our new home. I was very stressed prior to the move because I wanted flexibility if I didn't get my key until 5p. Frank came to my home to complete the quote and reassured me no matter what time I got my key the staff would work later to make sure my stuff was moved in same night. The staff arrived early the day of the move and they were professional and friendly even though they were with me all day until 11:15p at night. The supervisor on-site  Steven was amazing as he made sure his staff worked order to move me out of one home into another. All 4 men were friendly and very understanding and didn't complain when I only got my key at 5p that day. Thank you Toronto Van Lines for helping to relieve my stress and I will definitely use her services again in the very near future.

Private User reviews Meaford, ON

Moving household from a four bedroom home to a 2bedroom home

Frank was amazing. He even came out just before the move and made sure we had enough truck space. His first estimate was probably perfect but to ease my mind we increased the size of the second truck which was not required in the end. The crew of 4 were fun and experienced and efficient. very happy with the move. Thank you guys!!

Thank you for sharing your moving experience with us we are so pleased that you were satisfied with our service. It was a pleasure working with you. Toronto van lines Team

0 reviews Barrie, ON

Move from Pickering to Barrie

Worst experience ever. Staff were unprofessional and unskilled in packing and moving, as almost every piece of furniture was damaged, some beyond repair. Multiple items were broken. All they cared about was speed of packing and unloading. NEVER AGAIN!

Residential move

We were extremely satisfied with Toronto Van Lines movers. We interviewed a few companies before choosing Van Lines and we were very happy with our decision. We recently moved from Thornhill to North York. The team of guys that did the move were punctual, efficient, courteous and very pleasant. Our move went very smoothly from beginning to end. Frank was a pleasure to deal with, his quote was accurate. We had a minor issue at the end and Frank attended to it promptly and the matter was resolved in good time. I would highly recommend this company!

Sousan in Niagara Falls
Sousan in Niagara Falls

Great moving experience

This was my best moving experience. Staff were all courteous and respectful of our wishes.we had Very friendly Yonge movers and I was supprized how fast they worked. The office team and Frank, the man that gave the estimate were also great. The 3 movers were especially kind and empathetic and relieved my moving anxiety. They worked so hard, were punctual and every thing arrived unbroken. They even fixed a bookcase that we saw coming apart before it was time to move. 100% recommend them .

Dear Sousan,
Thank you very much for your feedback and for sharing your moving experience we are so pleased that you were satisfied with our service. it was a pleasure working with you. Toronto van lines Team.

Amir in Scarborough
Amir in Scarborough

Great movers

The driver and 2 movers- Jay, Kabir and Mamun moved my furniture with as much care as if it were theirs. We had tricky big pieces and it was no problem! Moved my piano like a piece of cake .They were respectful, courteous and delivered amazing customer service. I will ask for them again for my next move -which will be soon as I've moved my content into storage for a reno. Highly recommend.

thank you very much for your feedback. it was a great pleasure to work for you. looking forward to your second part of the move.

N Walters
N Walters

Most Unprofessional Company

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN MY EXPERIENCE!!

I booked this company 6 weeks prior to a move from the West end of the GTA to the East end. Frank attended my home and was very professional and provided a reasonable quote for 3 movers. However, on the day of the move, the experience was awful. From the very beginning, the movers complained about the number of steps that the houses had. The driver incessantly complained that this should have been a 4-person job and that management was trying to work them to death. The driver called the management office several times and complained to me (the customer) and my mother that this was too much work for them to complete. He threatened to leave some of my belongings in the truck until the following day when someone else could come back and finish the job.

The movers did not wear any booties and left multiple dirt marks on freshly cleaned floors (at both homes). Eventually, the driver complained enough to the management office that they had another person come to assist with the move. In addition to the 4th person, Frank (the Executive Estimator) also arrived at the home to help unload boxes from the truck.

I paid for 3 movers and the Driver told me that moving stuff was not his job and so he refused to do most of the work. Then with my belongings half unloaded and all over the driveway and in the garage, they told me that I needed to pay 4 hours minimum for a 4th mover. He arrived and worked less than 3 hours, yet they charged me for 5 hours. They took advantage of the situation when I was most vulnerable so this company cannot be trusted.

The other 2 movers (not the driver) were very pleasant and cordial throughout the day. I provided cold bottles of water at both houses, due to the hot weather. At some points, my mother and I also helped bring in boxes just to help get things done quicker.

While the so-called professional movers were trying to take a futon upstairs, they scratched the walls and eventually said that they could not get it upstairs because the area was too tight. I told them to leave it on the main level. However, later that same evening, my sister, parents and I (unskilled movers) were able to get the same futon upstairs and into the bedroom, without causing any damage to the wall.

Not only were my walls damaged, but they also broke my work desk that I purchased less than 6 months ago. Instead of disassembling it properly, they ripped the screws out of the wood so it cannot be repaired. They were supposed to reassemble everything that they took apart, but instead left it in 3 pieces on my floor.

When my sister called to speak to someone at the office about the issue, the receptionist proceeded to argue with her about not informing Frank about how many stairs I had in my house. There was a lack of professionalism on the moving day at many levels in the company. I will NEVER use this company again nor recommend them to anyone.

Our main goal is “customer satisfaction guarantee”. We are committed to hard work and going beyond to meet our customer’s needs and expectations.
I would like to make a few comments that were mentioned on the new review by N Walters:
First, when the estimator arrived on May 14 2020 to prepare the estimation for the move on June 28, 2021, he was not informed that the move would be going to a 3-storey townhouse with 40-50 stairs. Yes, this job really was for 5 men and not for 3, especially when it also included 100 plus boxes and many of the boxes were delivered to the third floor; the driver did have a right to complain. If the estimator was informed at the beginning, additional workers would have been hired for this job, no problem at all. No fault of the company if proper communication was released and not wait to be informed on the day of the move.
Regarding the call to the office, Frank was on top of the request to bring in more help. Yes, he even went himself, gave up family time, and off-loaded without pay for his time. If he didn’t bring in more help, the job would have taken all night until 6:30 am. With the extra help, he was able to keep within the 10 hours estimated with no additional charge only for the extra hired help.
At no time was the office informed of the damaged work desk and walls until the review was posted in HomeStars. If there was an issue, why wasn’t Frank or the office notified before sending in a report.
We regret that your experience with our company has not met your expectations and apologize that it wasn’t demonstrated to you when we made an extra effort on your moving day.
We wish you all the best.
Toronto VanLines

parsa in Stittsville
parsa in Stittsville

nice guys

We hired Two trucks and 6 movers from Toronto Vanlines Moving . The team was led by Hussain and Steven . They were simply fantastic , polite and positive throughout a very long moving day! Our furniture and belongings were handled with care. Frank’s estimate of the time and cost for the move was accurate and Renay did a lovely job of helping me make adjustments to the schedule for the move when our home’s closing date changed.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Parsa
thank you for sharing your moving experience with us. we are so pleased that you were satisfied with our service. it was a pleasure working with you. Toronto van lines Team

S.Davis
S.Davis
0 reviews Peterborough, ON

Toronto/Peterborough Move

From our first meeting with Frank we were impressed by his knowledge and professionalism and were thankful for his patience in answering all the questions we had about our upcoming move.
We were impressed with the team that came to do our move -- especially being on time at 8AM. Farzam, Kabir and Yashin worked very well together as a great team and they did not stop their hard working until our move was completed to their satisfaction.
We will definitely recommend to any friends who are planning to move.

Hello Mrs. Davis and thank you very much for your feedback and kind words. We do appreciate your support and it was a great pleasure working with you and your family.
Toronto Vanlines moving Team.

Bailey in Stittsville
Bailey in Stittsville
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

move

Frank was professional and efficient while he guided me through the quotation and reservation. He patiently answered all of my questions and went over the pandemic protocols. I felt confident that he was handling the details of my moving day very well!
The team of movers were punctual, hard working and well organized as they carefully loaded my furniture to the truck and then to storage . I’ve requested the same team when I move out of storage into my new house.

Thank you very much for your kind words. we really appreciate your feedback. It was a pleasure to work with your family.
Toronto Van lines team.

More about Toronto Van Lines

Toronto Van Lines has been in the moving business for over 25 years providing excellent moving services, and storage, to both commercial and residential clients within Toronto and the GTA, and across Canada. We are one of the fastest growing moving services in Toronto and we are committed to hard ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?