Straight Up Masonry

Reviews for Straight Up Masonry

Jor from East York
Jor from East York

Window Openings and Lintels in Brick Foundation Wall

This was our third project with Straight Up Masonry. They previously rebuilt our chimney and front porch pillars with excellent results in both cases. I've just had them back this week for some work to my brick foundation wall. I needed four rough openings cut into the brick foundation wall for new basement windows, steel lintels installed, and two old openings bricked up.

Their workmanship is always top-notch, their crew very skilled, polite, and respectful, this most recent project no exception! They reused bricks from cutting the new openings to fill in the old openings for a closer match and you can't even tell where the old windows used to be! It all matches perfectly, toothed in nicely as if my 100-year-old brick foundation wall had always been that way!

Great communication from Tony and Crystal, extremely responsive to emails and texts, great workmanship, fair price, crew is always extremely punctual, arriving at 7:30 am on the dot to start work, friendly and respectful of my property and that of my neighbours.

I'm running out of masonry projects that need doing, but if I think of any more, I would call Straight Up Masonry for a fourth time!

Thanks Jor for the fantastic review.
Hope the rest of the basement renovation goes smoothly.

Straight Up Masonry Ltd.

Satisfied
Satisfied

parging back wall of main floor around patio door and replacing bricks

Put in a new patio door so we had to replace bricks removed for installation of the header and additional old bricks that were disintegrating, and parge back wall. (Parging preferred over stucco as it is thinner). Also had to deal with problems with corner of home where stone veneer met brick. They cut back the veneer to give a clean corner and better stabilize the stone veneer along the side of the house ( loose in spots).

Wall looks great, great guys to work with, and would highly recommend.

Happy to work with you on this project.
Thanks again.

Sharon Mugford from York
Sharon Mugford from York

Interlock & brickwork

This company delivers the highest quality of workmanship and the owners and crews are always a pleasure to work with.

This was the third project they've done for me. Although the job was smaller and pickier than the previous two, the work was done with the same care, on time and on budget.

Thanks the review Sharon.
Once again was our please to help out.
Thanks Tony and Crystal.

Cindy in Toronto
Cindy in Toronto

Chimney Repair

I have a secondary chimney that was shifting and sinking and afraid it was going to collapse. After researching masonry companies recommended on Home Stars, I chose Straight Up Masonry and wasn't disappointed. Tony gave me a few options to rectify the chimney and after weighing the options and costs, I chose to repair verses removing (roof and eaves would have to be done if I removed chimney). Straight Up did some tuck pointing, replaced some of the bricks and installed steel lintels. Thanks to Tony, Crystal and the crew who all did an amazing job. Would highly recommend to family and friends!

Hi Cindy,
Thank you for your great review. We're always happy to provide options for our clients. We look forward to working with you on your next masonry project.

All the best,

Crystal and Tony Devlin
Straight Up Masonry LTD.
www.straightupmasonry.com

Karen in Toronto
Karen in Toronto

Chimney Rebuild

Tony, Crystal and the Team were exceptional from the beginning to the end of the job! On time, job completed as specified, great clean-up after job, available to answer any questions and very courteous. My Chimney looks great! I am very happy with the work and would highly recommend this company!

Thank you Karen for the great review.
Glad you are pleased with the job.

Straight Up Masonry
416-884-5666

Masonry repointing and exterior spot repair

We retained Straight Up to perform some exterior repointing and sealing prior to eavestrough and downspout replacement, and were thrilled by the service on all counts. Tony responded to us promptly, gave a detailed, logical and reasonable estimate, and even discovered some wall imperfections that we ourselves hadn't noticed. Once the house was ready for the work (after installation of hydro line protection), a crew was assigned within two days and were at the door precisely on time. Not only was the work efficiently and thoroughly performed, but they went beyond the minimum and repointed an area that they identified as being in need of repair (at no extra cost), and cleaned up the whole area after their work was done.

I would highly recommend Tony, Crystal and the crew at Straight Up Masonry for getting a job done, right, efficiently and at a fair price.

It was a great pleasure working on your home. We're very happy that you're pleased with the work.

Straight Up Masonry Ltd.

Ken
Ken

Chimney Repair

It was a positive experience to have enlisted in Straight Up Masonry for our chimney repair.

Tony came out to assess what needed to be done, and provide the quote promptly - that was a good start and indication of a great company to deal with. In conjunction that they are responsive to respond whether email or by phone - it was a pleasure speaking to Crystal or Tony.

The crew arrived on time, professional and friendly. They did the work and cleaned up after the project was done. It was nice to have the company owner come out to visit as well - that added a nice touch and assurance.

The chimney was repaired and it looked fantastic!

I did raise a concern after the project was done some time later.. they took my concern seriously, and came back to look at the concern and made things right. They stand by their work and warranty and that is a great thing for sure.

I trust the company and would not hesitate to use them again. I would definitely recommend them above all. They are reliable, great in client communication, and stand by their service and product integrity.

Thank you, Ken. We stand behind our work and are pleased that you are happy with our work.

Thanks again,
Crystal and Tony

Rebuilt chimney

Straight Up removed our old 4-flue chimney to the roofline and rebuilt it using new bricks (that reasonably matched the house), a pre-cast concrete cap, new clay flues and rain caps. They used their own scaffolding for safety. The cost was very competitive, the workmanship excellent, the crew pleasant, with work and clean-up completed on time and on budget. Recommended without hesitation.

Thanks for the great review and we are happy to of service.

Kim in Toronto
Kim in Toronto

BEST COMPANY if you are looking for a mason!!

I feel compelled to write this review! I was desperately looking for a mason to fix cracks in the bricks and mortar and caulking of my windows which were causing water leaks in my house. After researching all the companies on Homestars and reading reviews, I decided to go with Straight Up Masonry. They were able to quote on both the bricks and mortar and the windows. They were AMAZING!!! Each person was easy to deal with and extremely pleasant!! And I felt that they went above and beyond. I would highly recommend them over any other company!!!

Kim,
Thank you for your very enthusiastic review ;)
It was a pleasure working with you!

Rebuilt Chimney

The job was well done and to our satisfaction. Two young men were courteous and knew exactly what they were doing. They came on time and left the site clean when they left. They did not waste any time when at the job. I would recommend them and the company to anyone.

Thank you for the review. Happy to help.
Tony and Crystal

More about Straight Up Masonry

Straight Up Masonry Ltd. are the Masonry Specialists for all types of brick and block work. Chimney repairs and rebuilds. Window sills, house pillars, door and window repositioning. Additions, Foundations, Tuckpointing. Fireplace and firebrick installation and repair. New and Restoration brickwork. Free Estimates.

Visit us here are well: