Straight Up Masonry

Reviews for Straight Up Masonry

Morrie H from Toronto
Morrie H from Toronto

Tuck pointing and Masonry Repair

I had needed some cracks and holes in the masonry and bricks on my 65 year old home repaired. Straight Up Masonry was very efficient and professional from the getting a quote through having the work done. David And Nicholas arrived at my home exactly when they said they would, worked quickly, efficiently and very neatly. They were friendly, courteous and ensured that I was satisfied with the work, before they left. I was very pleased with the finished product.

Hi Morrie,
Thanks for review.. Dave and Nicholas are doing great work.
Glad you are pleased with the standard of work.
Tony and Crystal

Levto
Levto

Good work, nice people

Great job from start to finish. Tony quoted my job with a detailed estimate of cost and scope, almost as quickly as I reached out him. I didn't have to explain what was needed, there was no complicated shop talk or up-selling, just the 'straight up' details on what needed: pointing, replacing and parging.

The estimate even included photos of all the work they would do so there were no hidden costs.

The workers finished in two days and were polite, professional and skilled. They took the time to cover my property while they worked and cleaned up when they were done.

I’m very happy with the work that was completed and highly recommend using Straight Up Masonry.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.
We're happy that we could get this project completed for you! Have a safe Summer!

~Crystal and Tony
Www.straightupmasonry.com

21rubyshoes in Scarborough
21rubyshoes in Scarborough

Remove Chimney

The crew arrived on time, completed the work promptly and cleaned up the site leaving no trace they were here except for the great work on the chimney. Very satisfied!!

Thank you for review.
Doesn't matter if it's demo or rebuilding the guys take a lot of pride in their work.

Tony and Crystal

Brick Chimney Stack Removal

We found the Straight Up employees to be very friendly.
Our crumbling brick chimney stack, which wasn’t being used, was removed and the roof rebuilt to match the existing roof.
The site was cleaned up and all debris was removed.
We highly recommend this contractor.

Thank you for the review.

Quick and Effective!

Tony was amazing to work with and so was his team!
They were able to squeeze us in as we need their help to finish our deck. They did an amazing job and were friendly and efficient.
We had received quotes from 4 others vendors and they were also the best deal we could get!
Finally, after a couple of weeks and having some work done on the deck, we saw few bricks that were previoulsy hiden needing some work. I called Tony and the falling day his team came to fix everything during their lunch break!
Amazing service, thank you and I highly recommend them.

Thank you for the review.
Glad we could get this done so your project could stay on schedule.

M
M
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Cement Chimney Shoulder Cap

The brick was crumbling at the top of the chimney shoulder for our gas fireplace. Straight Up removed the crumbling brick and replaced it with a cement cap. They came and did the job and cleaned up while we were at work, and it looks fantastic. I would definitely recommend this company.

Thank you! We're so happy that you're pleased with the work.

Stay safe and well,

Crystal and Tony

Phone: 416 884-5666 Web: www.straightupmasonry.com

Jherriott
Jherriott

Chimney re-pointing, chimney removal and brick repair

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend! Very polite, conscientious, clean and capable! I had one chimney completely removed and capped, one chimney re-pointed and repaired, and some other brickwork repaired on my garage. 2 days, done!

I had other companies tell me I had to completely rebuild my chimney just because I had paint on it and the mortar wouldn't stick! Ridiculous! Of course these guys just grinded the paint off where needed and the chimney is good for another 50 years!

Crystal was also very prompt and courteous in corresponding and scheduling. Especially during this Covid craziness!

Thanks again Straight Up Masonry!

Thanks J for the review...glad to be of service and thanks for your patience during the rescheduling caused by COVID -19.
The job went great. Crystal has been managing the upheavals caused by COVID -19 like a champ.
Thanks for sticking with us and we hope you and your family stay safe.

Deb in Toronto
Deb in Toronto

Masonry work: Pointing

I had pointing done on two areas of the exterior walls of my house and I am very impressed with the service provided from start to finish!
The communication with the office for scheduling and estimates was prompt and responsive. The masonry work by Tony’s team looks absolutely great!! The mortar matches perfectly, the team showed up when promised; they were very courteous; maintained social distancing and cleaned up the work area really well upon completion. Thrilled with the service and very appreciative of the level of professionalism—would highly recommend!

Hi Deb,
Thanks for the very nice review, Tyler and Jordan are extremely skilled and it shows in their work.
Thanks for the business.

Customer24 in Armonk
Customer24 in Armonk

Basement renovation

Tony and his team were fantastic! When Tony came for the original quote he was very knowledgeable and professional. He also provided some excellent advice to keep costs to a minimum.
The crew arrived on time and started working right away. We needed 2 windows bricked in, one blocked in and a new window cut. Everything was completed within a day and a half. They worked well with our general contractor (he's keeping their name on file for future jobs). At the end of both days the crew cleaned up and kept the site as clean as possible even when they were working. The final cost was actually lower than their original quote!

They also took Covid 19 precautions and social distancing into account. Very important at this time! I highly recommend Straight Up Masonry.

Thanks you for the review.
Glad we could help in these difficult times. We are taking this very seriously so we thank you for limiting the trades on site while we where there.
I believe if the scope of work changes either way then the price should also do so.
Thanks Again

renee.maccarthy
renee.maccarthy

Repair masonry in older home

I contacted Straight Up masonry after researching companies on Line after my home Inspector recommended I needed a fix up . They had a reputable on line presence and were a well known and busy company. I made the right choice. They got back to me quickly and helped me identify what I needed done. they came out to my home without me even having to be there, and described to me in detail using photographs exactly what was in disrepair. The quote was reasonable and we set a date to do the work. The mason came to the house and was completely self sufficient- I just said hello and he went to work. The job was terrific and I’m happy that I thank ok the time to do the necessary repairs to my home. Thank you Straight Up!

Thank you for the very kind review.
Anything we can do to make the process and smooth and easy as possible is what we try and do.

More about Straight Up Masonry

Straight Up Masonry Ltd. are the Masonry Specialists for all types of brick and block work. Chimney repairs and rebuilds. Window sills, house pillars, door and window repositioning. Additions, Foundations, Tuckpointing. Fireplace and firebrick installation and repair. New and Restoration brickwork. Free Estimates.

Visit us here are well: