Shades Of Home

Reviews for Shades Of Home

Annonymous from Oakville
Annonymous from Oakville

Custom window coverings

Shades of home is an extremely professional company with wonderful employees. Marie was lovely and came to our home personally to assess what would look best in our space. Kirk was friendly, professional and did an excellent job installing blinds throughout our home. The cost was definitely competitive and we would absolutely recommend this company to others looking for beautiful window coverings in their home

Thanks so much for the review. We've been trying to figure out who 'Anonymous from Oakville' is. We have so many Oakville clients. So all we can say is, Thank-You Anonymous. We're happy that your experience met with your expectations.
We always strive to offer our best service, the most honest advice and competitive prices to everyone who calls.
As the owner, I am happy to see that those I entrust to look after my clients are doing exactly what they should.
Steve, Owner, Shades of Home

JEFFREY K.
JEFFREY K.

Shutter Installation

We had an excellent experience with Shades of Home. From Marie's consultation, to Kirk's install, everything was great! Marie even followed up a few days after the install to make sure everything was as expected. I'll admit that we did explore other options before going with Shades of Home, but they back their work and were very competitively priced. Very satisfied!

Thank-You Jeff. After celebrating over 20 years in business and my own 60th birthday this year, I never tire of hearing that our clients continue to be happy with everything that we do.
Marie was very pleased to read your review,
Thanks again.

Ginette Villeneuve from Oakville
Ginette Villeneuve from Oakville

Shades of Home Custom Drapery

Shades of Home gave us white glove service from our first consultation to final installation. Marie's expert advice on fabric selection for drapery and upholstery was amazing. Highly recommended!
Thanks to Kirk for perfect installation!

Beth McEachern from Freelton
Beth McEachern from Freelton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Shutters and Roman Shades

I am very satisfied with the quality and service that I had with Shades of Home. Hilary made decisions easy and went out of her way to make sure I would be happy with the choices I made. Kirk was wonderful. He is very personable and did an excellent job of the installation of our shades and Roman blinds. Thank you for a great experience.

Beth, I enjoyed helping you choose just the right window treatment for your home. You'll get years and years of enjoyment from your choice. Romans are a timeless treatment, formal yet playful.
I'm happy I was able to make the decision process easy for you and the experience pleasurable, as it was for me too. Thank-you for your trust in Shades of Home. Sincerely, Hilary

Tammy from Oakville
Tammy from Oakville

Blinds and shutters

I had a great experience with this company. Having moved into a newly built home we needed coverings for all windows. Marie was fantastic in helping me decide what the best treatments for my windows are and I found the pricing to be very reasonable. when Kirk came to measure he recommended I provide a paint sample of my trim so the shutters would match....something I didn't even think of! When Kirk came back for installation he did a great job, very professional and nice to work with. We would highly recommend Shades of Home.

Mr Conrad JP Romer from Etobicoke
Mr Conrad JP Romer from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Plantation Shutters

Marie was very helpful and the installer Kirk was very profession with the install. I am very happy with the quality and the value. The Plantation shutters look amazing!! Thank you for a great job!

Cheryl from Burlington
Cheryl from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Hunter Douglas Blinds

Thank you Shades of Home! The customer service, from start to finish, was exceptional. Harvey spent a great deal of time with me at the Waterdown location just educating me on my choices and answered every last question for me. Marie was wonderful to deal with and I so appreciated the assistance in choosing fabric colours for each room. Our blinds were installed by Kirk and he was awesome! Unfortunately, we’ve had to deal with many incompetent people this year during home renovations and it was an absolute delight to come across a local business that actually CARES and wants to provide consumers with the service and quality and competitive pricing that we deserve. Thank you Marie, Harvey and Kirk! The blinds look amazing!

Marc from Hamilton
Marc from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

delivery and installation

After receiving recommendations through customers of my own I hired Shades of Home to do some work for me. They offered a great, competitive price and I was really impressed with their prompt delivery and installation.

Barbara from Scarborough
Barbara from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

blinds

We had Hunter Douglas shades installed on two windows and a sliding door by Shades of Home. Overall I was very impressed with the entire experience. The pricing was competitive, the service was helpful and all expectations in terms of timelines were met.

More about Shades Of Home

Shades of Home is a Family Owned Interior Design/Decor business specializing in Custom Drapery, Sheers and Motorized/Automatic Window Treatments.

We've been in businesss since 1985 and have assisted thousands of homeowners, designers, builders & renovators with a variety of window treatments and soft furnishings. Our designers and staff have years of experience AND a passion for what we offer our clients.

Shop by Brand, Hunter Douglas, Shade-O-Matic, Elite, Graber, MaxXmar, SunGlow, Altex, Eclipse, and more. Complete custom drapery with 4000+ designer fabrics, Unlimited styles and price ranges all expertly tailored and installed. And a huge selection of custom drapery hardware and motorization options.

***

WHO WE ARE - over 25 years in the window covering business

We do one thing, and we do it Really,Really Well.

Our DRAPERY SPECIALISTS and workroom can create any soft fabric treatment. Our showrooms carry a huge selection of designer drapery fabrics for our clients to choose from. Many of our drapery clients come to us after we have provided 'functional' window treatments in their homes or in their friends home and others have found our showroom on their own.

MAXXMAR offers some of the most innovative and well priced window treatments in the marketplace today. We offer the full line of MaxXmar window fashions at prices our competition can't beat.

HUNTER DOUGLAS: We have been a Hunter Douglas dealer for over 20 years. Both of our showrooms are SHOWCASE SHOWROOMS meaning you will find every Hunter Douglas product on display with staff who can explain every Hunter Douglas option and our volume pricing ensures that it will be unlikely you will find a lower price on you Hunter Douglas Manual and PowerView shades.

SUNGLOW: Specializing in the manufacturing of Sunscreen roller shades for residential and commercial applications, we offer SunGlow to our clients who are looking for oversized shades not available from Hunter Douglas, Elite or MaxXmar. Their experience in Somfy motorization, linked shades, height and width makes them one of our key suppliers for commercial and condo applications.

ELITE WINDOW FASHIONS: Since 1967 this Canadian company has been offering a wide selection of quality window coverings. Well priced with fabrics similar to Hunter Douglases offerings, including e-motion and Somfy motorization.

MOTORIZATION We have been selling, installing and programming motorized shades and drapery long before it became an entry level option for automating window coverings - 25 years to be exact. Knowledge AND experience is an absolute necessity and all of our staff and technical installers are trained. Not only will the shades be properly installed but also programmed and integrated into a variety of smart home systems.

Our sales approach is one of collaboration. Our staff is hired for their ability and trained to spend enough time with the client to fully understand their expectations, needs and budget. Then we can suggest some options and allow the client to make the value decision for themselves.

We spend the extra time with each client to ensure they are choosing the right product that will provide solutions to their needs. We try our best to balance privacy, light control with the right product that fits within the clients budget.

All in all I strive to make the environment and experience as stress-free as possible for my staff and clients.

Sincerely,