Shades Of Home

Reviews for Shades Of Home

Kim from Oakville
Kim from Oakville

blinds

I hired Shades of Home to do all of the blinds in my house after hearing of them from a friend who had recently had a quote done. The work was great! Hilary was fantastic, providing fast and efficient service while still maintaining a more than reasonable pricing system.

Rachel from Oakville
Rachel from Oakville

window coverings

My experience with Shades of Home was fantastic! Hilary was excellent, coming for a home consultation where she took measurements and provided examples and recommendations. We have a large bay window, which meant our options were slightly more limited, but with Hillary’s recommendations we were able to find something that we are very happy with. Most impressively was that all this was done while still sticking to timeline and budget promises.

S from Hamilton
S from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

blinds and curtains

At first my experience with Shades of Home was really great. Hilary was super helpful, even coming out to my home personally. The curtains were beautiful, however the roman blinds I had ordered needed to be returned. I felt as though the return process took far too long and it seemed as though Steve the owner was too busy with larger clients to consider me a priority. After weeks of call backs I did, manage to have the blinds replaced, though I had to go pick them up myself rather than them being delivered. I am now very happy with both the blinds and curtains.

Mary Christie from Burlington
Mary Christie from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

custom drapes

I contacted Hilary at Shades of Home with a view to having my kitchen and dinette custom draped. Hilary proved to be the right choice as she looked after me extremely well and the custom drapes are fabulous. I have since ordered dining room custom drapes and I am sure that I will be more than satisfied. Good service with a high quality result at a fair price with an on time delivery is hard to beat. .

polishing-at-best
polishing-at-best

Window Shades

Steve is an exceptional person. He really cares about properly outfitting your windows. I never knew such talent existed with window treatment. He gets the right colours together so beautifully. My favorite is the dreamy double cell blinds in the den. I would recommend Steve to build your - dreamy windows.

Diana from Oakville
Diana from Oakville

Custom valance curtains, shades, blinds & shutters

I used Shades of Home on two occasions. Both times I was very impressed with the serivce, price, quality and installation. Marie the designer went out of her way to make sure I made the right choice to complinent my home. I would highly recommend this company.

Michelle Skerry from Oakville
Michelle Skerry from Oakville

Window coverings

"I purchased blinds for our entire house after it was built, Steve came out to discuss some options that would look good.He had great suggestions. The blinds look fantastic and have held up very well. I was very happy with the install and the finished product so much that I just had my walk out basement done as well with Marie.
Thanks

Dominic Stalteri from Mississauga
Dominic Stalteri from Mississauga

Window coverings

I dealt with Stephen at Shades of Home. I found him helpful and easy to deal with. He is knowledgeable and knows his stuff. He did not try to sell me something that I did not need.

OJ from Oakville
OJ from Oakville

Blinds through whole house

A superior service and willing to explore alternatives in window coverings whether drapes or blinds and shutters. After consultations which were made easy by their friendly approach and suggestions, our blinds were installed efficiently and with care. Have recommended Shades of Home to many friends with confidence that the process from selection to installation will be great.

Thank-You OJ.
I remember helping you 15 years ago with your home in north Oakville. I appreciate you taking the time to put your experience into words as well as for all your referrals over these past 15 years.

Thanks again,
Steve Poxon, Owner

David Yeung from Oakville
David Yeung from Oakville
1 review , ON

Installation of sun screen for the apartment

We need sun screens for our brand new condo unit mostly for sunlight control due to the large SW facing windows. We also want to preserve the lake view as much as possible while the screens are covering the windows. Marie was obviously very experienced and quick in helping us find the right combination of screen type and colour to match the décor. She even managed to get the manufacturer to expedite the delivery and Kirk was very competent in getting them installed in a much shorter than usual wait time due to our pending month long vacation. We are very pleased with their service and would not hesitate to recommend them to our neighbours.

Thank-you David
I'm so happy to have Marie working out of my Oakville showroom and happy that you had such a great experience. She puts a lot of effort in her dealings with her clients and I'm always overhearing her on the phone with our workroom staff and suppliers asking (in her sweet way) for a favor on behalf of her clients.
(You can tell that I am the owner but Marie is the boss)
Thanks again
Steve Poxon, owner, Shades of Home

More about Shades Of Home

Shades of Home is a Family Owned Interior Design/Decor business specializing in Custom Drapery, Sheers and Motorized/Automatic Window Treatments.

We've been in businesss since 1985 and have assisted thousands of homeowners, designers, builders & renovators with a variety of window treatments and soft furnishings. Our designers and staff have years of experience AND a passion for what we offer our clients.

Shop by Brand, Hunter Douglas, Shade-O-Matic, Elite, Graber, MaxXmar, SunGlow, Altex, Eclipse, and more. Complete custom drapery with 4000+ designer fabrics, Unlimited styles and price ranges all expertly tailored and installed. And a huge selection of custom drapery hardware and motorization options.

***

WHO WE ARE - over 25 years in the window covering business

We do one thing, and we do it Really,Really Well.

Our DRAPERY SPECIALISTS and workroom can create any soft fabric treatment. Our showrooms carry a huge selection of designer drapery fabrics for our clients to choose from. Many of our drapery clients come to us after we have provided 'functional' window treatments in their homes or in their friends home and others have found our showroom on their own.

MAXXMAR offers some of the most innovative and well priced window treatments in the marketplace today. We offer the full line of MaxXmar window fashions at prices our competition can't beat.

HUNTER DOUGLAS: We have been a Hunter Douglas dealer for over 20 years. Both of our showrooms are SHOWCASE SHOWROOMS meaning you will find every Hunter Douglas product on display with staff who can explain every Hunter Douglas option and our volume pricing ensures that it will be unlikely you will find a lower price on you Hunter Douglas Manual and PowerView shades.

SUNGLOW: Specializing in the manufacturing of Sunscreen roller shades for residential and commercial applications, we offer SunGlow to our clients who are looking for oversized shades not available from Hunter Douglas, Elite or MaxXmar. Their experience in Somfy motorization, linked shades, height and width makes them one of our key suppliers for commercial and condo applications.

ELITE WINDOW FASHIONS: Since 1967 this Canadian company has been offering a wide selection of quality window coverings. Well priced with fabrics similar to Hunter Douglases offerings, including e-motion and Somfy motorization.

MOTORIZATION We have been selling, installing and programming motorized shades and drapery long before it became an entry level option for automating window coverings - 25 years to be exact. Knowledge AND experience is an absolute necessity and all of our staff and technical installers are trained. Not only will the shades be properly installed but also programmed and integrated into a variety of smart home systems.

Our sales approach is one of collaboration. Our staff is hired for their ability and trained to spend enough time with the client to fully understand their expectations, needs and budget. Then we can suggest some options and allow the client to make the value decision for themselves.

We spend the extra time with each client to ensure they are choosing the right product that will provide solutions to their needs. We try our best to balance privacy, light control with the right product that fits within the clients budget.

All in all I strive to make the environment and experience as stress-free as possible for my staff and clients.

Sincerely,