Shades Of Home

Reviews for Shades Of Home

Nels from Oakville
Nels from Oakville

Blinds and sheer curtains

Shades of Home and specifically Marie made the purchase and style choice effortless for our blinds and curtains. Marie ensured that the process and installation was done professionally and in a timely manner. Price was very competitive and the result exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend Shades of Home.

Thanks for the review. Marie is always happy to receive feedback from her clients and as the owner, I appreciate the positive feedback as well.
Sincerely
Steve

Bill from Oakville
Bill from Oakville

Shutter and shade installation

My wife & I had purchased a new condominium in Oakville and were in need of window coverings so on a weekend drive we decided to drop into the "Shades of Home" showroom in Oakville. We had no previous history with this company so we really didn't know what to expect. We were greeted by Steve, one of the owners who very quickly gained our trust and respect. We discussed our requirements and came up with a game plan. The entire process from start to finish was seamless and professional. They delivered on their promises and the end result was a fantastic installation !
It was a pleasure to deal with a company that truly appreciates your business and we would recommend "Shades of Home" for your window covering requirements without hesitation.
Sincerely,
B&C
Oakville

It was a real thrill to help you with the window coverings for your condo. I know how important it was to maintain the beautiful view of the lake while providing privacy in some of the windows and I know Marie and I had fun, you were both great to deal with.
Plus you have one of the nicest suites in the Bluwater condominium on the lake with fantastic views of the Hamilton and Niagara skyline.
Thanks again for the review!

Timothy Mark Datchko from Oakville
Timothy Mark Datchko from Oakville

Window Shutters and blind installation

Excellent product at a very competitive price. Quality of workmanship far exceeded expectations. Installation was extremely accurate, and the installer (Kevin) was courteous and prompt. I would highly recommend Shades of Home for anyone wanting quality shutters and blinds without compromise.

Hello Tim
Thank you for your review. It's important for me to know that what we do everyday is exactly what the client expects. Also important get feedback from our clients about the installation. I'll be sure to let Kevin know.

Helen Vallender from Oakville
Helen Vallender from Oakville

Plantation Shutters on second floor

We are extremely happy with the service we received from start to finish of this project. The resulting products have given our entire second floor an upgrade. The shutters look good, fit perfectly and were installed very efficiently. Would definitely recommend Shades of Home.

Hello Helen
Thanks for the review. We are picky about our shutters and the installation - so I'm happy that you are happy with your shutters and the entire process from stat to finish and include you as one of many, many, many satisfied clients of Shades of Home.
Thanks Again

susyanne
susyanne

Window Treatments for Condo

I have been looking for months for a certain roller shade for my new condo and had no luck until I visited Shades of Home. They had exactly what I was looking for, plus quality products and workmanship. Marie was such a great help in choosing the right fabrics for my new place, as I needed lots of privacy. The installation and fit was beyond my expectations. They were helpful from beginning to end. I will definitely be using Shades of Homes for my next condo and would absolutely recommend this company to others! Thank you Shades of Home!

Hello Sue
I happy you visited us. Marie has a great eye for colour and fabrics and our installers do a great job installing (they are an important part of the whole process)
We really appreciate your business and we look forward to helping you again in the future.
Thanks again,

Michelle
Michelle

living room eclipse shutters

everything that has happened since I emailed Marie for an online quote has been more than impressive - Marie returned every email promptly and the gentlemen who both measured and then installed were great to deal with, punctual and NEAT ! I'm extremely happy with everything from a business point and as for the shutters themselves - just perfect and everything I'd hoped they would be ... I would without question recommend shades of home to anyone who asks - I actually already have !

Hello Michelle
Sorry it's taken so long to thank-you for your business AND for this review. I know that Doug, one of our installers who installed your shutters enjoyed installing your shutters. We like unique homes and yours has so much character in such a great neighborhood in Etobicoke.
Thanks again and I hope we can be of service again.
Sincerely, Steve and Marie (and Doug)

L. Harrison from Burlington
L. Harrison from Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

"Shades of Home" window coverings

Best experience in furnishing sheers and shades for our new Burlington home. Knowledgeable installation, great products, but especially the customer service. They actually arrived when they said they would be here!!!!!"10 out of 10".

It's sad when arriving at an appointment at the scheduled time is a rarity rather than the norm. We value our clients time just as we value our own.
Marie, Hilary and I would like to express our thanks for letting us help you with your new Burlington Home.
I believe it was Ben who installed your window treatments and I'll pass along this review so he see clients comments on the installation.
Thanks again for your Business AND the review.
Marie, Hilary and Steve

Claire from Toronto
Claire from Toronto

Window Treatments

Recently we engaged Shades of Home to provide all the window coverings for the floor to ceiling windows in our condo.
From the first visit by Marie to the final installation of the drapery,the entire process went very smoothly and delivery was right on time.
Joe ,their new installer was very innovative in solving an installation problem and did an excellent job.
In all we were very impressed by the professionalism,the visits to the condo by Marie at every step and her expertise in helping to choose the appropriate shades and sheers.
This is a company that goes out of their way to satisfy their clients and we would not hesitate to recommend them!

I apologize for the lateness of my response. Just wanted to take the time to thank you for writing such a great review.
Sincerely, Marie - Co-Owner of Shades of Home

Judy  from Burlington
Judy from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

dining room drapes

Hilory was very helpful and willing to come to our home at no extra cost.Good service, fair and honest pricing. Ben the drapery installer was so accomodating. I would be happy to recommend to everyone, to use Shades of Home to enhance there own home.

Sofia Gallagher from Oakville
Sofia Gallagher from Oakville

window coverings for the home

We've moved to Oakville recently and required window coverings throughout our home. Marie was extremely helpful in selecting the perfect products for the various windows in our home. We are very pleased with the final result. The service at Shades of Home is professional and timely (the only company that returned my calls from online requests). Thank you Marie and your team for facilitating this process.

More about Shades Of Home

Shades of Home is a Family Owned Interior Design/Decor business specializing in Custom Drapery, Sheers and Motorized/Automatic Window Treatments.

We've been in businesss since 1985 and have assisted thousands of homeowners, designers, builders & renovators with a variety of window treatments and soft furnishings. Our designers and staff have years of experience AND a passion for what we offer our clients.

Shop by Brand, Hunter Douglas, Shade-O-Matic, Elite, Graber, MaxXmar, SunGlow, Altex, Eclipse, and more. Complete custom drapery with 4000+ designer fabrics, Unlimited styles and price ranges all expertly tailored and installed. And a huge selection of custom drapery hardware and motorization options.

***

WHO WE ARE - over 25 years in the window covering business

We do one thing, and we do it Really,Really Well.

Our DRAPERY SPECIALISTS and workroom can create any soft fabric treatment. Our showrooms carry a huge selection of designer drapery fabrics for our clients to choose from. Many of our drapery clients come to us after we have provided 'functional' window treatments in their homes or in their friends home and others have found our showroom on their own.

MAXXMAR offers some of the most innovative and well priced window treatments in the marketplace today. We offer the full line of MaxXmar window fashions at prices our competition can't beat.

HUNTER DOUGLAS: We have been a Hunter Douglas dealer for over 20 years. Both of our showrooms are SHOWCASE SHOWROOMS meaning you will find every Hunter Douglas product on display with staff who can explain every Hunter Douglas option and our volume pricing ensures that it will be unlikely you will find a lower price on you Hunter Douglas Manual and PowerView shades.

SUNGLOW: Specializing in the manufacturing of Sunscreen roller shades for residential and commercial applications, we offer SunGlow to our clients who are looking for oversized shades not available from Hunter Douglas, Elite or MaxXmar. Their experience in Somfy motorization, linked shades, height and width makes them one of our key suppliers for commercial and condo applications.

ELITE WINDOW FASHIONS: Since 1967 this Canadian company has been offering a wide selection of quality window coverings. Well priced with fabrics similar to Hunter Douglases offerings, including e-motion and Somfy motorization.

MOTORIZATION We have been selling, installing and programming motorized shades and drapery long before it became an entry level option for automating window coverings - 25 years to be exact. Knowledge AND experience is an absolute necessity and all of our staff and technical installers are trained. Not only will the shades be properly installed but also programmed and integrated into a variety of smart home systems.

Our sales approach is one of collaboration. Our staff is hired for their ability and trained to spend enough time with the client to fully understand their expectations, needs and budget. Then we can suggest some options and allow the client to make the value decision for themselves.

We spend the extra time with each client to ensure they are choosing the right product that will provide solutions to their needs. We try our best to balance privacy, light control with the right product that fits within the clients budget.

All in all I strive to make the environment and experience as stress-free as possible for my staff and clients.

Sincerely,