Empire Communities

Nicole from Binbrook
Nicole from Binbrook
1 review Binbrook, ON

New Home in Summerlea

Had a great experience with Empire Communities. The sales team was very knowledgable and not pushy. My husband and I visited the sales office about 4 times before making a purchase and every time joanne and antoinette were very helpful. The model homes are beautifully designed. The construction process has started, and our site super Justin has been great and keeping us informed. Can't wait to move in!

rkb
rkb

First Home

I bought my first town home form Empire....while there were a few things that needed to be touched up they saw to them right .
It made the experience of buying a home very easy

Karen  from Binbrook
Karen from Binbrook
1 review Binbrook, ON

Resurface Steps

Adele has the worse customer service I don't understand how she is the manager! I have been dealing with her for almost a year now in regards of resurface my steps! Adele NEVER calls me back or email me back.
We move in on Dec 15th and empire is trying to get away with not resurfacing the steps when they clearly know they need to be done and we did not damage the steps with cheap salt as Adele told me her inspector said! the salt is still in my garage if you would like to see it! Empire pull the same story on 2 other units but is not going to work with me! We did not damage the steps Empire need to honor this job as they told me when we moved in drive way and steps will be done in the fall...this was last year i'm still waiting.....

Having a bad, unprofessional, has no customer service skills as a manager is not helping either. This does not help Empire Communities reputation!

P naw in Binbrook
P naw in Binbrook
1 review BINBROOK, ON

New Nightmare House In Summerlea by Empire

We moved in to our newly build house by Empire Communities in September 2011. There are so many problems in the house I could not believe. There was a crack in the basement wall and we had a leak. Empire did fix the problem. The wall in the kitchen was not straight so the fridge door could not open properly. Empire did fix it. The paint in the bathroom started to peel off after two months. Empire did not fix it because they don't fix paint issues. We are currently having a huge leak in the corner on the wall every time it rains, the paint is peeling off and there is a large stain on the wall. We have complained to empire since December 2011 and now its End of March 2012 and nothing has been done. The empire staff keeps saying someone will come by to fix the leak and so far nothing has been done. The garage door opener is not working and people came to fix it but it still does not work. The quality of workmanship is so poor, the brick on the back of the house was done in a sloppy way with too much mortar. When we complained about the brick, empire said its the kind of brick we chose. But we told them that the brick on the front of the house looks nicely done without any excess mortar. There was no response. We upgraded to hardwood stairs, the quality of workmanship is so poor, the stairs are not straight, the staining is not even, there are varnish leak stains on the wood. There is one railing missing on the front porch of the house and empire refuses to install it. So we have one side of the porch with railing and other side is empty, which looks incomplete. The insulation on the house is poor, one room in the house that is above the garage gets very cold in the winter. The staff in the office is rude and don't want to help. I would not buy with Empire again. I would advise those who are considering buying from empire, do your research and don't listen to empire sales people because they are not honest.

Evan in Binbrook
Evan in Binbrook
3 reviews BINBROOK, ON

Town House New Build

We are extremely displeased with this company as a builder. They smashed our brand new air conditioner and 6 months later, we're still waiting for them to fix it. They promised the dividing walls would block sound but all I can hear every day is our neighbours stereo. Our neighbours are great but heavy smokers and they smoke in their garage, the smell permeates right into ours so badly but Empire told us they are not responsible for making the garage air tight (kind of a safety issue, if you ask me). The quality of paint is terrible! Comes off if you try to wash a pencil mark off the wall. The appliances they provided were installed broken and Empire says they are not responsible for taking care of it once you move in. The cupboards were all installed crooked. This is just a few things of the problems we've had. I'm already looking into selling our home after 1 year.

Peter McCann in Hamilton
Peter McCann in Hamilton
1 review HAMILTON, ON

Development in Uxbridge

Went with a friend and her sister to look at the Empire Homes development at Uxbridge - a beautifully developed and built gated community on the edge of Uxbridge. I checked with one owner in the development and checked the internet. I and one of the two sisters walked the development. The two sisters toured houses and met with the agent and the architect. Everything was solid to impressive.

Lou from Brantford
Lou from Brantford
2 reviews ,

built our home

Overall great experience. The sales associate was very accurate with his quote and construction was done on-time and to budget. Since our has been built the customer service has remained strong to the point that we are friends with our sales rep now...imagine that!

Alex H in Hamilton
Alex H in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

New Home Delays

We knew there would be delays when we decided to build new but Empire is just ridiculous! We are on our third delay and they have barely broken ground. The sales office staff are full of deceit and empty promises, so heed my warning - get everything they say in writing!! Or, they'll turn around and say they made a mistake.
Our only positive experience in this entire process was the design studio but even that was a bit stressful as they constantly discontinue tiles and cupboard selections.
We know 3 other families moving into Summerlea and they've run into many problems with the sales office and design studio.
We regret purchasing from Empire and wish we went across the street to Fairgrounds. Much nicer homes, little bit higher in price but better quality and they're ahead of schedule.

Xarin in Hamilton, ON
Xarin in Hamilton, ON
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

New Townhome Purchase

We were looking to purchase our first home. After looking at our options we decided to buy new. This was around February 2010.

We were told of an upcoming release of new townhomes available for occupancy in September 2010, but we would have to wait two weeks for them to be released. After the wait, we went in to see what was available, only to discover they are available for occupancy in November 2010. No big deal, only two more months.

We signed the agreement with the November closing date and went on our merry way. We then receive a registered letter in August stating that the closing has now been delayed until March 2011.

Around rolls the end of September and our builder then informs us that there is a further delay, due to permit issues, and occupancy is now May 2011. This is now a full 8 months from our what we were originally told. I really hope the house we do finally get is worth the wait.

Would we buy new again? I'm not sure, would we buy from Empire again? This house had better be beyond our expectations for that to happen.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Be honest with their customers and be very forthcoming about time frames.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Negotiate with the builder's sales agents about clauses you can add to your sales agreement. We found out after the fact that we could have added clauses to be able to walk away after the initial delay. If we had our way, we would already be in our new house.
Wademan
Wademan
1 review Brantford, ON

New Home

Sales staff was excellent however, the construction quality was great, the service was very poor and a lot of follow up was needed. The construction supervisor on site had very poor people skills and was rude to my wife at times. Within the first two months we lost heat and all power to the house and was told these were not emergency issues to be dealt with immediately.

Excellent sales and quality, poor service

More about Empire Communities

Empire Communities is one of Canada's largest integrated master-planned community home builders. Over the past 20+ years, we have built more than 10, 000 new homes and condominiums in some of the most sought-after locations in the GTA and Southwest Ontario. Our diverse portfolio includes neighbourhoods of beautiful homes, as ...
Looking for Builders pros in Vaughan?