The Garden Girls

Reviews for The Garden Girls

Sally Mississauga
Sally Mississauga

Backyard Clean-up

Despite the best of plans, spring came and went without making any progress on cleaning up the backyard. While I enjoy my garden, I was feeling quite overwhelmed by the state of the yard and finding the time to do something about it was proving a challenge. So I finally called in the pros. Darla and the "Garden Girls" arrived and within 2 hours my yard was in fantastic shape. I really appreciated how hard the "Girls" worked and also enjoyed the sense of fun they brought to the task at hand. I keep popping outside just to admire how lovely my yard now looks. Thanks Darla and crew, I am looking forward to future projects. As a frequent user of the Homestars site with great success, I am delighted to have found another 10!

Sally, Today I read your review to "The Girls" while working at a very tough "garden makeover". They were so happy to have helped you feel better about your space, and enjoy your gardens again. It also picked up everbody's spirits to do another wonderful job. We are so happy you had us back again, and look forward to your September spruce up for your visitors. Enjoy the rest of your summer outside. Darla, Lucia, Ann, Ruth, Betty, Sharon and Jenny

Rebecca Ramdeholl in Mississauga
Rebecca Ramdeholl in Mississauga
2 reviews MISSISSAUGA, ON

Spring Clean - Up

WOW! Love these ladies! As a work at home mom of two businesses, it's hard for me to concentrate chunks of time to gardening, and with two kids (one school aged, one toddler) to add to the mix, it's nearly impossible. But I love Nature and its' beauty and my herb patch, so I was so happy to come across The Garden Girls with their Spring Clean-Up service. No major landscaping projects, but major cleaning up, tweaking, cutting back, and edging. Great job, 3 ladies, 3 hours. Boom boom done. No time was wasted, and money well spent. I'm totally using them again! They'll be prettying up my yards and will be doing a Fall Clean-Up as well and get my yard ready for winter.
Thank you so much!!!! Now I can enjoy my yard when I have free time.

Hi Rebecca! What a wonderful review. We loved helping you get ready for this early spring. It is never too late! So glad we were able to get to work at your home. Good luck with your potatoes. Anytime to plant your other vegis you may just need to add some soil in the area. Keep the roses!
Darla, Ann, and Ruth

Gail
Gail
1 review OAKVILLE, ON

Spring clean up.

Darla and her ladies came and cleaned up our "in much need of clean up" garden. They did a wonderful job and were personable and gave suggestions on how to improve our garden. I would highly recommend their services.

Hi Gail,
Thanks so much for your lovely review. We enjoyed working in your gardens. Your neighbour was great too! Hard to believe Spring is really just beginning and you are all set to enjoy your yard for the season.
Darla

katherine samuel in Oakville
katherine samuel in Oakville
1 review OAKVILLE, ON

Garden Planning and clean-up

The Garden Girls came to inspect the area, reviewed our budget & made a number of viable & realistic suggestions for improvement. They arrived as planned and worked diligently to complete the task, removing all the waste and laying new mulch and sod as needed. For the final touch, they suggested a few plants to help fill out our garden. I was thrilled with their selection, as they found the species, purchased them & planted all for much less than I cold have done it for. I have recommended them to a number of families in the area & will continue to use their services.

Hey Katherine for such a lovely review. I know you are very busy and really appreciate you taking the time to write such nice things about us. I will contact you about this year and the plan of attack. Looking forward to seeing you.

Happy Garden Owner - Oakville
Happy Garden Owner - Oakville

Clean and re-build flower beads

The Garden Team arrived and off to work they went, they weeded, edged, added perennials, soil and mulch to finish off the flower beds. They made great recommendations on what types of flowers to add and even picked them up for use on sale at a local nursery.

Please keep in mind that all of the work was done with love and care and all by hand....awesome :)

We've recommended them to friend already and we look forward to the Garden Girls coming back this spring to help use out again!

I am guessing this is W & G. Thanks so much for your wonderful review our lovely mystery "Happy Garden Owners". We love what we do and sometimes the "old fashioned way" is best. Your friends called us too and we shall be seeing them soon. We look forward to seeing your gardens this spring and supervising their growing and behaving. Thanks so much!!!

Mayur in Mississauga
Mayur in Mississauga

Fall yard cleaning

I met with Darla to inquire about yard maintenance. As we had moved to a new house with an existing garden, I had a lot of questions. She was friendly and helpful and able to answer all the questions I had!

I asked the Garden Girls to "winterize" my yard this past fall, and they did a great job. I will be asking them to continue working on my yard in 2012!

Thanks so much for your nice review Mayur. It was a pleasure to help you out with your new home and let you know what you had and how to take care of it all. We would love to come back this year and help you some more!

Diabe Tuyl - Oakville
Diabe Tuyl - Oakville
2 reviews OAKVILLE, ON

Landscaping

Darla and Lucy have been maintaining our front and back yards for the past 5 years! WONDERFUL SERVICE, my yard always looks nice and neat and clean. They have created an amazing water feature in my backyard.
Thank you, I would highly reccomend them to anyone.

Thanks Diane for your wonderful review. We love working in your yard, playing with M and sometimes having the girls help us too! We look forward to another great year keeping you and your neighbourhood looking great!! Your water feature is one of my favourites and so easy!!

Marlo & Beth in Mississauga
Marlo & Beth in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Create and plant front and side gardens.

We heard about the Garden Girls from two neighbours and friends. We had been wanting to find someone trustworthy, and experienced to create and plant gardens at the front and down the side of our house. Darla and Lucy came to discuss what we wanted, and then did up a layout and price estimate and sent it to us via e-mail. They soon got to work, and we couldn't be happier. They did a fantastic job, and even went and picked up all the necessary materials and bushes and trees needed. They even picked up shrub covers for our little trees that needed protection over the winter, and came and installed them also.
In short, the Garden Girls are tops in my book and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and everyone . With spring just around the corner, I look forward to working with the Garden Girls on spring clean up as well as further projects. They're the best.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Their service is excellent, they are there when they say they will be there, and their work is great. I can't think of anything more they could do to satisfy their customers. I give them 10+
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Yes I do..."CALL THE GARDEN GIRLS"

Hello Marlo & Beth. We Love you two!! Loved working on your gardens to give you a similar look to your neighbours with something a little different to make it your own! We would love to come see you in the Spring and make sure all your plants are behaving and growing nicely. Thanks so much for the heartwarming review!! Can't wait to see Spring and you both!!
Darla & Lucy

KK in Toronto
KK in Toronto
3 reviews TORONTO, ON

Small Backyard Garden

We had a small backyard garden that had overgrown rose and dogwood bushes hovered over like the movie, "The Secret Garden". Darla, Lucy, and their assistants pruned back the plants and bushes to a neat, carefree existence. They knelled on the grass and pulled a whole lot of weeds. The job was finished in 4 hours just as it was quoted in the contract. We will not hesitate to call The Garden Girls in the future because they were prompt, efficient and ever so personable. Thanks Darla!
Karen from Toronto

Hey Karen, So nice to hear from you. Thanks so much for your lovely review. We loved making your mom's backyard having some space in it again. We hope your mom would have been proud! I hope your new tenants like it too and use the " Secret Garden" for some relaxation. We would love to see you again some day.

More about The Garden Girls

The Garden Girls! We are your Gardening Helpers. Visit our website to see what we love to do! www.thegardengirls.ca The Garden Girls are a group of talented ladies who love to Garden. Each Gardener brings their own individual insight and talent to our gardening team. We are entrepreneurs, moms, career professionals and retirees who love working together as a team to bring enjoyment back to your garden. We love to maintain your Oakville, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Burlington, Milton and Georgetown gardens. We love weeding, trimming shrubs, planting, splitting perennials,. We can provide regular maintenance, vacation maintenance, real estate open house clean ups, new home consultations! We can offer a schedule that can meet your lifestyle needs and your garden needs. The Garden Girls offer weekly, biweekly, monthly or seasonal garden maintenance based on your budget.