Fairney And Sons Ltd

Toronto ON M1E 3N5

Fairney And Sons Ltd

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 5 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 5 times

Reviews for Fairney And Sons Ltd

Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.

waterproofing and bricking up a window

This company had been referred to us by a friend of a friend and we had already gtten two other estimates for the job and were leaning towards one. We chnaged our minds when this company outlined what they would do and how they would do it and they could manage it without removing our old deck, which we were not really wanting to replace as yet. They said it would be a two-day job and it was (although not consecutive days). The team was hardworking and we didn't even see them taking much of a break. They provided us with the invoice and signature required for us to receive the City rebate for the sump pump installation. They cleaned up when they were done. Communication was excellent and they answered all our questions. We were a bit stressed about this work being done and we appreciated how quick they were. Bill was our main contact.

Edward Finstein in Scarborough
Edward Finstein in Scarborough
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

Waterproofing

They were reliable, very hardworking and responsible. Most importantly, they did a great job and explained what they were doing every step of the way. They were pleasant to deal with and very polite. Very respectful of my property and they cleaned up after themselves,

Susan Dixon  in Scarborough
Susan Dixon in Scarborough

Cracked Foundation

Honest, reliable and personable.

Last year the house foundation wall cracked and our basement flooded. Bill was the only general contractor that came to my house immediately and actually helped pull out the drenched carpeting, even though I had not discussed cost nor retained him at that time. His staff are experienced and courteous. His price was within the average of quotes I obtained.

Mimi
Mimi

wet basement

I have had moisture in the corner of the basement washroom since I purchased my house just over two years ago. I didn't know if it was the foundation or some other leak but I did worry about mold and dampness.

I called Fairney and Sons. I had a flyer that said they would do a free estimate and Bill came over and had a look. He said that he could waterproof the back wall - that was all that might be necessary but first, since I was worried about mold, he suggested opening up the wall in the bathroom and removing some drywall and using a mold spray. Also looking around for leaks.

Mike turned up the next morning, sent by Bill. As it turned out, after cutting out quite a bit of drywall, it was not the foundation - and there was no mold. But the stack was cracked quite severely. Instead of a large expense of waterproofing the foundation they saved me a lot of money by just finding the real problem and only fixing what needed to be fixed.

As a woman in my 60's, knowing very little about home maintenance they could probably have told me anything and charged what they liked - but they were direct, honest, prompt - did a great job and very affordable. Fixing the stack, removing quite a length of pipe and replacing it with a 2 1/2 ft length of PVC piping and some sort of rubber under it cost $575 and in January - after we know that it isn't going to leak anymore Mike will replace the drywall with new drywall - and the baseboard and repaint - for $250.

I am thrilled!

Alysha in Toronto
Alysha in Toronto

Aluminum siding, dormers, eavestroughs/downspouts, tuckpointing & parging

Bill was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Very happy with the final product/work and would welcome Bill and his team to our home for any future work we need completed. In addition to completing the work, there was no debris left behind. In trusting Bill and his work, I am proud to refer him and happy to report that 2 of my neighbours were pleased with me referring them to Bill. The peace of mind (as a home owner) that comes with knowing that I have found a trustworthy contractor, is priceless. Thank you Bill!

Hilarie Morin in Toronto
Hilarie Morin in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Siding, windows, doors, retaining wall & front walkway & interior electrical upgrades.

William Fairney (owner & general contractor) was affable, professional, reliable, knowledgable & had excellent subcontractors. He kept on top of it throughout the job, got it completed in the time expected, had great suggestions & kept costs in control. Excellent work!

Liz in the Beach
Liz in the Beach

drain replacements/water-proofing/leveling of basement floor

We have Fairney and Sons do three separate jobs for us in the basement - first, replacing our clay pipes with PVC; second, water-proofing the basement from the interior; and third, leveling our basement floor. On all three jobs, they were punctual, friendly, accommodating and cleaned up after their respective projects. We also found their prices very reasonable. WE would highly recommend them and particularly to people who have older homes as this is their specialty.

More about Fairney And Sons Ltd

Fairney & Sons offers a wide range of home improvement and general contracting services that can make your dream home into a reality. Family operated since 1971 and with a full arsenal of licensed professionals on staff, we can tackle any home improvement or renovating ideas.

Our Specialties Include:

Waterproofing, Eaves-troughs & Siding, Roofing, Interlocking, Masonry/ Concrete work, Windows & Doors, Decks & Fences, Home Repair