Mersey Heating And Air Conditioning

B & H in Thornhill
B & H in Thornhill
4 reviews Thornhill, ON

Service Tune up

Service man was very pleasant and did a good job. However, he came late but made up for it by being very professional. He was unable to print a receipt which we have requested. We will see if we get it after only one request.

Harry Jerome in Thornhill
Harry Jerome in Thornhill
2 reviews Thornhill, ON

Furnace tune u

Had a confirmed appointment and after half hour being late called the company could not get hold of tech to confirm his arrival - eventually he called and said he would be there soon - it ended up 1 hour late- he was friendly and did a good job

Rodney
Rodney

Furnance troubles and maintenance

Our first new home purchase with a new furnance most people would assume there is not much maintenance required. We had a lot of dust in our new area in the first year and also with 2 Bichons who don't shed anyways, our filter was changed almost every 2 months.

One night the furnance stopped running and even though the filter was new it wouldn't start for some reason! We called the service number on the furnace and Mersey was at our door within a few hours.

They quickly found the motor problem and cleaned it and was running well again. That was at about the 1 year mark after we moved in and no problems until our 4th year now when there was a small puddle forming beneath the furnance. Warranty was only 2 years but i still called the same number and Mersey arrived shortly after. They cleaned up the clogged pipe and described how condensation can clog it up. They also recommended a every two year minimum maintenance on a furnace which we should follow and we will!

nmccutch1957
nmccutch1957
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

service furnace and gas fireplace

The service person was thorough and took the time to explain the work that they were doing, why it was important and safety features about my gas fireplace. My gas fireplace was not working and the front glass was cloudy. He resolved the issue quickly and explained how to prevent the issue from recurring. I was very impressed and felt that I got very good value for the money spent. I will ask them back each year to ensure the proper function of my furnace and gas fireplace.

He left the premises clean and tidy and the hand held billing machine made it easy to use my visa card.

Margaret in Don mills
Margaret in Don mills
1 review North York, ON

Furnace and AC install and service

We received first class installation with extreme attention to detail. The little the brackets were positioned correctly and straight and the workmanship was fantastic! They even cleaned their shoes on the front mat before they came in to the house. They are great at follow up servicing and phone to remind you about it! I would highly recommend this company to anyone that needs service or installation for heating and air conditioning.

air conditioning

Nothing was wrong with my a/c, but decided to take advantage of gov't rebate to have an inspection done on it to improve efficiency. I have a cover on my a/c. When the technician came to the door, and we walked around to the a/c, the cover was already off and I noticed one of the screws was already taken off. He fiddled with it and then told me I had to replace the capacitator, and that my call now became a service call which meant he was charging me $100 for the visit instead of $50 (not including cost of part).

Asked him why he accessed the a/c prior to getting me and he denied it. Complained to the manager, who was outraged at me for suggesting something like that. Against all better judgment and obvious facts, she refused to believe me and backed up her technician. If your in business to rob people, this makes sense.

Asked that they not send the same technician to replace the part, and they agreed. They phoned me the day of service and said he was the only one available. He came with a brutal attitude, and decided to pass judgment on my future abilities as a father once he saw my wife was pregnant.

I kicked him off of my property at that point.

Stay Away!!!

BTW, same company as Mersey Service Experts.

Patsy
Please send me your details and I will look into this matter for you.
Danny Cassidy
General Manager
Mersey Service Experts
danny.cassidy@serviceexperts.com

Rebecca in Weston
Rebecca in Weston

Ductless air conditioning

We were well treated by the Service Experts when we wanted to put in ductless air conditioning on our second floor so our children would not be stifled by the heat.
The sales man took the time to go through everything and installation was completed in a half day- they even cleaned up after themselves.
We needed more work done 1 year later and even though they weren't the right people to do it- they put us in touch with people who were!
Great going !!!

kenk in Willowdale
kenk in Willowdale
2 reviews North York, ON

Furnace Install

Our old Lennox Pulse 21 died this fall after 16 years and we needed a new furnace quickly. Out of all the contractors we interviewed, Mersey Heating was the only one who did a complete heat loss calculation of our home. The others either went with the existing furnace size or guessed based on the square footage of our home. As it turns out, our old furnace was grossly undersized for our home. Roman and his team were exceptional and I would highly recommend them. They are all NATE certified expert furnace installers so you know they will do a good job especially since they are all salaried Lennox employees.

Frustrated in Danforth Village
Frustrated in Danforth Village

Ventor Motor Replacement in Furnace

Our ventor motor seized up recently during a cold period this winter. We contacted Mersey who said a service tech could only come the next day between 12-4 pm so we went a day without heat. The next day the service tech didn't show up so we called and were told that he was running behind and would be there in half an hour. He finally came an hour later (5 pm). When he got there he spent 10 minutes assessing the problem, informed us that it was the ventor motor (which we had already told Mersey on the phone), then said he didn't have the replacement part in his truck and that it couldn't be ordered until Tuesday morning after the long weekend. We had to pay $110 for this 10 minute visit. The service tech quoted us $580 for the part and installation. So we went all weekend without a furnace (we ended up renting ceramic heaters). On Tuesday morning we received a message from Mersey saying that the replacement part would actually cost us $1225. The service tech had left us a copy of the quote with the part number of the ventor motor so we looked it up on the internet and found the exact part listed for $175. We also contacted some other HVAC companies and received quotes around $600 (part + install). We called Mersey back to inform them of this and were told - by the assistant manager no less - that the part # the service tech listed on our quote no longer exists. They told me that the part we found on the internet wouldn't work in our furnace. So long story short, we were in an emergency situation - cold, winter weather and no working furnace - and Mersey wanted more money from us. In the end we had [another company] come in (I called them Tuesday afternoon and they were graciously able to fit us in on Wednesday during their service tech's lunch break) who replaced the exact ventor motor that Mersey's tech had initially quoted us on for $565.

Mike from Toronto-10231
Mike from Toronto-10231

Furnace Service

After 14 hours of waiting and five phone calls to the answering service, I was unable to receive the courtesy of a return phone call from Mersey staff and could not get my furnace repaired. The off-site answering service apologized frequently, by Mersey employees made no effort to contact me. Very frustrating since my furnace is under warranty.

More about Mersey Heating And Air Conditioning

It’s the Right Time to call Mersey Heating & Air Conditioning!

We've changed our look, but not our commitment to you. Mersey Heating & Air Conditioning Heating and Air Conditioning is now part of the Right Time Group of Companies and will continue to serve you as we have for years. Rest assured, we will continue our personalized customer service and honour all of our service plans, guarantees and warranties. We look forward to serving you and your home comfort systems.