Concrete Innovations

Best of 2020 winner 4 timesBest of 2020winner 4 times

Reviews for Concrete Innovations

TJ in Calgary
TJ in Calgary

Driveway walkway steps patio and garage drain

Everyone we dealt with from start to finish was extremely professional, knowledgeable and great to deal with. We are very happy with the finished product and have received many compliments from our neighbors about both the look of the project and the cleanliness of the crew during the process. Highly recommended.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We appreciate the feedback (as do our hardworking team members) and are grateful for excellent customers like you. Enjoy your new patio and the benefits of your trench drain!

Shawna in Calgary
Shawna in Calgary

Sidewalk

Wanted to replace our cement blocks to have a nice sidewalk that leads up to our front porch. I was recommend to come to Homestars, which lead us to Mario. He answered all of our questions that we had. We are pleased with the work done and would highly recommend.

Thank you so much for the review Shawna. We are so glad you are pleased. Enjoy your new front sidewalk! It was a pleasure working for you.

A s.
A s.

Replacement of old wooden deck with new aggregate

This was the second time we have hired Concrete Innovations to do some work for us. Once again, we were very happy with all facets of the project. The work was completed promptly, and exactly as requested. The crew was knowledgeable and efficient, and managed a somewhat difficult job site without trouble. We have no hesitation recommending the team at Concrete Innovations. Our new deck looks great with furniture and plants!

Hi Michael,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We truly appreciate the privilege to work for you and your wife, once again. We are so glad you are happy with the new space and the decision you made to replace the old wooden deck with concrete. It turned out beautifully and really tied in very well with the work we did previously. Enjoy your patio for many years to come and thank you again for the business!

Elaine
Elaine

concrete steps

I was very satisfied with the work that was done. Mario answered all of my questions and I would definitely call them when I have more concrete work to be done.

Thanks you so much for the business and the time you took to write us a review. Snow shovelling should be a lot easier now! Enjoy your new steps and thanks for entrusting us with your project. Take care Elaine!

Stacy in Calgary
Stacy in Calgary

Triple Garage Slab and Trench Drain Project

I have a large, inner city build (built new in 2015). The triple car garage slab was poured too low and there was not enough slope for proper drainage into the alley. I had been battling with water pooling in the corners of the garage and in the winter months, my garage doors would often freeze to the floor. This was beyond frustrating. I had contacted Mario from Concrete Innovations for a second opinion and he came to meet with me and the builders as I had lost faith in the builders concrete provider (A1 Concrete). I had worked with Mario and his team in 2011 for some exterior work at my previous residence and knew the he and his company offered a top quality product and that the job would finally be done right. After a short meeting, it was obvious (thanks to Mario's help) that another 4 inches needed to be poured on my existing slab in order to create a slope and that a trench drain needed to be installed. I wish that I had used Concrete Innovations from the beginning as it would have saved me a ton of time and headache. Mario has an incredible eye for design, he knows the business and how to deliver the very best product that is going to last and will be done perfect. He and his guys are professional, extremely meticulous and they always clean up after themselves. Concrete Innovations won't be the cheapest contractor out there but it is because you are getting a quality product that will last and will be done right from the beginning. They have over 20+ years of experience and know their stuff. You pay for what you get.

Hi Stacy,
Thank you so much for entrusting CI with your project. It was definitely a frustrating situation you were in. With our Calgary winters, controlling water in a heated garage is so important. Trench drains are an excellent tool for that. We are so glad to hear the new height of the slab and trench drain are working so well for you!

Deborah in Calgary
Deborah in Calgary

Walkway and Stairs

Mario was a delight to work with and offered some good suggestions for our job. All the employees were very polite and left the job site spotless when finished. One of our walkway curves was rather tricky and the team worked with us to achieve the end result exactly the way we wanted. A very professional crew all around.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review Deborah! There was a bit of tricky formwork to achieve just the right curve for your sidewalk, but it worked out beautifully. Special thanks to the duo of Alessandro and Steven for their diligent and patient workmanship to achieve your vision. Enjoy your new walkways and steps for many years to come! Thank you so much for the business!

James C.
James C.

Asphalt Driveway demolition and new Exposed Aggregate Driveway

Mario and his crew removed an existing asphalt driveway and crumbling concrete stairs and poured in a colored exposed aggregate driveway. This was no easy feat as the driveway extends from the front of the street to the rear of the property. Mario was very meticulous in insuring that the slope was correct to avoid any water drainage issues (that I was currently having). His crew was excellent and very skilled - they took the time to make sure everything was correct with Mario himself being at site working with his team. I would not hesitate to use Mario and Concrete Innovations for any other concrete work I may have in the future - an extremely satisfied customer here

We very much appreciate the time you have taken to write this review James. Your project was fairly large in size and had a few complexities to it. There were a couple small changes along the way, but overall stayed the same as the original scope of work. Mario steps in and helps out the team when his schedule allows and at times that he can be most useful. He really enjoys the site stuff. We as a company are very blessed to have some of the most skilled, nicest and hardest working teams around. In our opinion, of course. We are very happy that you are satisfied with your project. Thank you for entrusting our team to complete it for you, and also for being very understanding and easy going throughout the entire process! Take care James and THANKS again!

Jody in Calgary
Jody in Calgary

Garage Trench Drain

Had an incorrect slop on my garage floor for 15 years. Every winter had to push water our front of garage creating an icy situation on the driveway.
Found Concrete Innovation website with a video showing the solution I needed before I knew what I needed.
Quick response on inquiries and excellent response on product questions.
During the demolition found an unexpected issue. Can up with solution and dealt with additional scope and charge reasonable fee.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Jody. Glad we were able to come up with a solution for you, and that you won't have the ice to deal with next winter.

Lynn in Calgary
Lynn in Calgary

replace sidewalk and steps, add new patio

Mario and his team did a fantastic job in replacing my front sidewalk and steps, and adding a front patio. They changed the profile of my sidewalk exactly as I requested, and had to dig out a huge juniper bush to put in the patio. All work was done professionally, and his team was very efficient in getting the work done and cleaned up. I love the new look and would highly recommend Mario and his team.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review Lynn. It was our pleasure working on your project. What a difference it made for the curb appeal of your home! Also the functionality. Thanks for being open to our ideas, it was great collaborating to come up with an awesome solution for your front walkway/entrance. Enjoy it for many years to come!

Steve Power from Edmonton
Steve Power from Edmonton
15 reviews Parkland, AB

GARAGE DRAIN AND CATCH BASIN

We would like to pass on our most sincere appreciation to Mario and Jeff with Concrete Innovations Inc. for their hard work and dedication with the installation of a drain and catch basin in our garage. We were essentially living with a "pool" in our garage every time the snow melted off our vehicles. We decided to contract this work with Concrete Innovations Inc. based on their convincing approach on how they would complete this job. No surprizes. The work was completed as described, on time and on budget. The finished product was better than we expected. Without hesitation we would recommend Concrete Innovations Inc. for all your concrete projects. Thanks again Mario and Jeff for your professionalism and dedication to get the job done right and to a very high standard.

Thank you so much for the review Steve! It was our pleasure working for you. You are an ideal customer. You did a great job preparing things for us when we got there and were very helpful through the process. We had a tight timeline for your out of town project and hit the target partially because of this. Geoff and I truly enjoyed working for you and Sylvie. Special thanks to her for making that wonderful meal that you shared with us. It was a true highlight of the trip spending some time with you and your wonderful family. We truly appreciate that. The project went very well and should definitely remedy the water pooling issues you were having in your garage. Take care and thanks again!

More about Concrete Innovations

Concrete Innovations is a concrete contractor offering friendly and reliable service to Calgarians since 2000. We use the highest quality products and guarantee superior workmanship. We pride ourselves on client satisfaction and value our long-standing relationships with our past, present and future clientele. CI offers a variety of concrete finishes including Exposed Aggregate, Stamped, Broom Finish, Smooth trowel finish, and Float Finish. These Finishes are also available in a variety of Colours.
We specialize in all types of exterior applications including sidewalks, patios, driveways and other custom projects. We also remove existing concrete, and offer a resealing maintenance package to existing and new clientele.