Building Ideas

Toronto ON M9N 3B7

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 3 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 3 times

Reviews for Building Ideas

Isaac in Toronto
Isaac in Toronto

Furnace replacement

The Fan from my vet old furnace stopped working and I was referred to Jose, the owner of Building Ideas.
When I called him and explained the issue and urgency, he found a time same day to come look at it. He exhausted all possible options to bring the blower back to life, but unfortunately it was blown already. He recommended me to change the furnace (35yr old) as the cost of the blower would be a third of the price. He could've mentioned to change the AC as it is old, however he mentioned there's still life on it and I should not do that now.
He gave me a very good price for the new furnace, he explained in detail what he was going to do, and he installed the furnace within the same week, performing an outstanding, clean, and professional installation

thank you Isaac for your review it's really appreciated

Shariq
Shariq

Outdoor pot lights and LED house number and fireplace repair

Jose was very professional to deal with throughout and really knows his stuff. I have vaulted ceilings that required a lot of extra work for pot light installation as they had to go through my ceilings rather than the attic. They did their best to minimize the cuts and were very neat and tidy thoughout. I also had an issue with my fireplace while he was here and he was able to help with that and an outside LED sign. Was impresses me about him is his ability and confidence to do a complicated installation. He knows what he is doing. Others I spoke to just want the easy job going through an attic on one switch. He was also very fair on the price of the work and stands behind it. I would highly recommend him and would be happy to provide a reference in case anyone wants one and show you what he did for me. Really nice, honest guy.

thanks! Sharid for your review, We look forward to help you in the future

Jesse
Jesse

Very satisfied.

Very satisfied homeowner here. A quick, reliable and professional work done by the company. I would be contacting them again for future work.
Thank you.

thanks Jesse for your review

Dan from Mississauga
Dan from Mississauga

Electrical Panel Service

Jose is a real Pro. Honest, knowledgable, prompt, and certified! I was in a jam and used Homestars to get an electrician ASAP after a furnace/AC installation with another company failed to get power to my new AC unit. He was the first to reply and made the time to make the repairs to my electrical panel the same day. The whole process was completed within 12 hours and I still have yet to hear from another electrician. Today is also Father's Day and I can honestly say he made it much more enjoyable by resolving our issues so fast. Do yourself a favor and use Building Ideas because the ratings and reviews are true! Thanks again Jose!

thank Dan for your review we look forward to help you in the future.

NMaxwell
NMaxwell

Outstanding Service!

My experience with Building Ideas Inc. was truly incredible & amazing.
Due to a property project my A/C unit needed to be removed prior to the scheduled work however the initial contracted company was non responsive. Feeling the stress and anxiety of the situation I called Jose late evening as a last resort and accepted to help me out. The next day he arrived as promised & completed the task. I then asked could he come back to re-install the unit. Yesterday Jose & his apprentice Adriano completed the job. His knowledge, efficiency, professionalism is outstanding. His patience was one of kind given my million questions
and unexpected requests which extended the job beyond the routine time frame. Yet he didn't rush and ensured everything was completed.
There aren't enough adjectives & superlatives to describe his workmanship. I'm extremely grateful to Jose and without any hesitation definitely recommend his services. Thanks so much Jose!

thank you very much Nelia for your review, We look forward to help you in the future.

Cornel Toca
Cornel Toca

Furnace and Air Conditioning Replacement

JOSE did the furnace and AC replacement in my condo. He did a great and reliable service, quick and efficient. He and his apprentice were very respectful of our home, careful & clean. He was also very responsive and clear on his timelines and process.
I highly recommend Jose and would hire him again any day.

thank you Cornel for your review , we look forward to help you in the future

Ronnie
Ronnie

Very professional and honest service

Seven years ago we moved into a new house and had to install a new A/C unit, we were referred to Building Ideas by someone we trust, so we contacted them to request a visit so they could assess the job and provide us with an estimate, we decided to proceed with them.
They installed the A/C unit quickly and professionally, since then we have contacted them twice to run diagnostics and repairs to the unit and the furnace. The last time we did so was last week. Every time we reach out to them, they respond promptly and find a way to schedule a visit as soon as possible even though they are busy. Highly recommended.
We highly recommend his services; he is very knowledgeable and honest which is extremely important for someone offering this kind of service.

thank you Ronnie for your review we look forward to help you in the future

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

great service

What contractor is honest enough to suggest less expensive ways to fix a malfunctioning air conditioner unit? That's what Jose did at least three times!
In the past, others had just said " just buy a new system", without fully investigating the problem. Of course, had we done this, it would of cost far more than what Jose did to fix the system.
Jose's fully explained everything he did, and fixed the problem quickly and efficiently.
He also gives back to the community by apprenticing young trainees while out on jobs.
So here you have an honest contractor, doing great work, and helping others at the same time What more can you ask for?
If you have a HVAC problem, get Jose to help--- you won't regret it.

i

thank you for your review Paul, we look forward to help you in the future

TL from Toronto
TL from Toronto

Professional, collaborative and responsive

Jose & his apprentice installed a 3 unit ductless split (AC) system for our house. Jose was great in listening to our preferences and providing us his point of view on pros/cons so that we could make informed decisions.

I highly recommend Jose and would hire him again any day.

thank you for your review we look forward to help you in the future

Cindy in Toronto
Cindy in Toronto

GREAT Work!

Jose and his apprentice came and did great work! He contacted me within minutes of my ad being posted. He was courteous to let me know the night before that he would be an hour delayed. They were both very friendly and very helpful with our needs. We even talked about potential future projects. I would definitely recommend his services!

thanks Cindy for your review we look forward to help you in the future