Windowtech

Reviews for Windowtech

Daniel
Daniel

New front door

Window tech did an awesome job with my front door.

The sales consultant, Leon was very honest and knowledge, suggested a great door. Would definitely recommend to anyone will definitely use again

Hello Daniel,

Thank you so much for your review! We will be sure to let Alex know just how happy you are with the end result.

Trevor in Toronto
Trevor in Toronto

Window quote

All staff I spoke with were very professional and helpful. Really knowledgeable of their product and were able to answer all of my questions about the job. They also responded quickly to emails.

Hello Trevon,

Thank you for such a good review. It is certainly pleasant to hear just how exceptional your installation and overall experience went.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you again. Thank you again for your business!

Nick
Nick

New Front Door

After a lot of shopping around I went with Windowtech to replace my entry door. The whole experience was very smooth, from Eric on the sales side when I was deciding on the product to the installers. Everyone was knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend.

Hello Nick,

Thank you so much for your review! We will be sure to let Eric know just how happy you are with the end result.
Thanks again for your business from our entire team here at Windowtech!

Window installation gone horribly wrong

Let me start by saying this is the worst window installation service company you can imagine. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I replaced the existing windows of entire house(22+ in total), brick-to-brick, wooden trim, and others. What a horrible job installers did. Some say a picture is worth a thousand words. I'll attach more than one picture so you get the idea of 'installation quality' they provide. This is only 3 of 50+ pictures I took of the worst installation service they provided. I even shared them with the sales agent.
A bit of background story: I've researched and contacted more than 10 companies, and I picked Windowtech as Eric (salesperson) seems to be honest and the total cost of replacement was about the same as other 5-6 competitors. After I deposited a fund, Eric conveniently disappeared or rarely available, and I was asked to deal with the office directly. The office rarely responds. Note of that! 1st Warning Sign!. When the installer (a team of three) finally came to install, the main installer claimed he has 30+ yrs of experience. The other two were helping the main guy with cutting wooden Window trims, caulking, sanding, moving stuff, etc. In the beginning, Window installation itself went okay, but I started noticing the window trim was cut with almost 1/4inch of a gap, which is not easy to caulk. 2nd Warning Sign! The other guy then came to caulk or applied wooden fillers. As you can see from the images, that's the mess they left with.. I asked the main guy to come and fix. He spent 2mins (no joke) sanding it and left. Then, he sent his helper to request the remaining payment. I thought I would make a payment and deal with the office separately. A big mistake. The office didn't respond, and if they did, nothing was done. 3rd Warning Sign! After 3weeks, the main installer guy came only after I threatened to leave a negative feedback. He came and spent 2mins to lecture me that the bad Window trim installation, the worst caulking job (even a 10yr old kid would have done a better caulking), and all other issues would be fixed by Painter. He can't do any work as he has a underlying medical condition. Conveniently, he now has a medical condition as the office got all my money.

The window installation itself is easy. you can do it with any good carpenter. DO NOT fall for a sales pitch!

In the end, for the AWEFUL window trim installation, I had to spend $3500 with 3 contractors to fix the mess (all caulking removal) by filling gaps, sometimes even redoing the trims.

Hello,

We're sorry to hear that your experience has not lived up to the expectations that we set for ourselves. We pride ourselves on providing quality experiences for our customers, and we'd like to extend a sincere apology for not meeting these expectations.
As far as I know, the issue was already resolved.
If you have any issues, please call us at 905-553-7776 and speak with service department.

Syed
Syed

Windows and Doors

I called window tech for a estimate. They were prompt and scheduled an appointment. Leo was vey professional and explained the product in detail. Also gave timeline for completion. We end up signing right on the spot. The project was completed on time. We are happy to recommend to family and friend.

Hello Syed,

Thank you for this 10-star feedback. We're pleased to hear of your overall satisfaction with the results of your project and we truly appreciate your selection of our company. Our team will be delighted to hear of your happiness with their respective expertise.
Thank you again for your business!

Pleasant to deal with from sales to completion of delivery

Windowtech installed sliding doors for us out to a patio. We arranged for it last Dec, and they installed as we asked in early June when the patio was completed.
They were flexible when our installation was delayed, and installed the door quite quickly on installation day. There was a rain delay, but they still came when it cleared up. They also cleaned up all the exisiting window debris and left the site fairly clean.
Kudos to Roman and his colleague from Barrie who came to help him.

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Windowtech. We appreciate your trust in our company and are thrilled to hear we've been a reliable, communicative & reasonable organization to deal with. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again on any future home transformations.
Thank you again for your business!

WINDOWTECH TEAM

Doors & Windows

Without Prejudice or ill intent:

We have been encouraged to write about our experience with WINDOWTECH Windows and Doors by a neighbour who saw an ad and knew we had purchased from them. To start, we are not in a position to recommend the company, and caution others to dig deeper when reading they’re rather interesting “10/10” Reviews on the Internet. Although Company Responses thank Reviewers, it appears they tend more to use the platform to market, and sell their products to Readers, and complement themselves. Buyer Beware.

We learned of WINDOWTECH Windows and Doors from an Ad, and decided to upgrade our Entry, and Side Doors from solid wood to steel doors. We also replaced some windows. There was a 20-year Transferrable Warranty on the doors which sounded good.

We anticipated a simple, pleasant consumer experience - this was not the case.

1. We paid a deposit in early Dec. for “steel” Entry, a side door, and windows. Installation was scheduled for mid to late January latest – this was the promise. Installation was not done until months later. The excuse? Ivan, the Sales Rep. informed us that at the last minute WINDOWTECH decided to close for 3 wks over Christmas instead of their normal 1 wk. This was not quite believable, and sounded more like a stall technique. And it was, as installation was months later. According to the government, installation is due within 30 days of contractual agreement, and deposit.

2. Entry, and Side doors were ordered in Aztec Red with matching Aztec Red frame, and caulking. At time of installation, the frame, and caulking was in a mismatched caramel brown colour which looked terrible. However, we paid an additional $5000. at time of installation, and withheld $400.00 due to the mismatched deficiencies.

When brought to the attention of Ivan at WINDOWTECH, he advised it would take several months for a new frame as the correct one made for our door was used on another job. This did not make sense!

When our call was escalated to Ken, the Sales Manager he stated he threw the frame into the garbage, and it would be several months before the correct one would be installed. This made even less sense, and speaks to the junk-like quality, and value of a WINDOWTECH door frame.

It would be more than 9 months before WINDOWTECH installed the correct frame. As for the caulking, turned out they made a mistake, it was not available in the matching Aztec Red even though it is shown in a picture. We settled on black.

3. Shortly after the doors were installed, they began sticking when opening and closing. We contacted WINDOWTECH, and this also took months to correct.

4. Not long after, we opened the Entry door, and the entire bottom latch of the “steel” door came out. We found a ½” screw on the floor, and realized the installer had used ½” screws instead of at least 1” to secure the door. With the door hanging off the other two latches, it could not be used, and also posed a security risk.

After a few weeks, the person they sent only came to see the door, not fix it. This was annoying, and did not make sense. When we showed him the door could not be used, he went to his car, and found one screw about 1” which he installed. No one has since returned to replace the other ½” screws so this job remains incomplete – after 2 yrs.

5. Our Order, and confirmation from WINDOWTECH states “steel” doors, however we since learned there is only 1” or less of steel along the outside rims of the doors, the interiors are hollow.

WINDOWTECH Windows and Doors using the word “steel” to describe the doors was misleading, and dishonest. We were better off with our previous solid wood doors.

6. Door handles are a type of metal that is too hot to touch in summer, and freezing cold in winter. Not much more we can say about this other than their door handles are also junk-like.

7. To date (after 2-years), WINDOWTECH Windows and Doors has never provided an Invoice, or copy of the 20-year (or Lifetime) Transferrable Warranty to new home owners even though this is a requirement of the law. Emails requesting them went unanswered.

Ultimately, we contacted the Ministry of Consumer Services for assistance. Email correspondence, and pictures are available to Home Stars for validation.

8. As for the withholding of $400.00 this is a small amount, a token for the delays in installation; waiting 9-months to correct deficiencies; the outstanding work in changing ½” screws to at least 1” to properly secure the “steel” doors; and most importantly, the false advertising of “steel” doors when only the outer rims may be steel, the inside is hollow - this has given us a false sense of security.

We wasted so much time, and energy sending numerous emails, and follow-ups trying to resolve deficiencies, that eventually, like so many other consumers, we wrote off the experience as our misfortune in not researching WINDOWTECH Windows and Doors more in-depth when purchasing virtually life-time items. Some consumers may be worn out from their experience, and may not take the time to write a Review.

The first pic shows the installed door with the ugly caramel brown frame. The next is the 1/2" screw used to secure the "steel" door; and the last picture is a Red door & matching frame from WINDOWTECH which is what our door should have looked like.

Hello,
We're sorry to hear of your concerns with your door replacement project. Due to the name used on your review, we're unable to locate your file; however, we are more than happy to assist you in resolving this.
It is incredibly important to our organization that our clients feel heard, informed and satisfied with their experience, we'd like to extend our apologies for not meeting your or our own expectations in this regard.
Please, call us at 905-553-7776 service department. We'll be happy to assist you.

Roger in Whitby
Roger in Whitby
0 reviews Whitby, ON

awning windows

I have a 70 year old house and decided to replace 5 windows with triple glazed awning windows to replace the double paned bottom side sliders.
I called 5 places and chose windowtech because they were very straightforward and gave me a price with no "extras". Eric seemed to know his product and gave me the advantages and disadvantages of each type to help me make my decision. the installer was very capable, polite and did all 5 windows in one day. Great windows,great service, I will be back.

Hi Roger,
Thank you for the 10-star feedback. Expert advice and professional installation are the items we pride ourselves on, so it's reassuring to hear you've received exactly that.
We look forward to working with you again on any future home improvement projects.

robert in Brantford
robert in Brantford

Window Replacements

Great company.
Eric came in,looked over the job,and gave me a very honest and competitive quote without the hard sell and bs a lot of other companies use.Excellent sales rep!
Windows were installed by an experienced team of two ,in a little over half a day(townhome).
Overall I am very pleased.

Hello Robert,

GARDEN DOOR

I, had 3 quotes and chose Windowtech as looked great on Homestars, and the price was acceptable. Their timeline was great and they come and installed the doors. I noticed that it was out off by about 3/8' of an inch, and hard to open or close the top latch. I advised him about it and he stated that it was ok. I called the salesperson to complain and he send another installer and he worked on it and did his best to fix it and left, stating that the original installer would come back. He did come back after 3 phone calls and 3 weeks later. He did his best to adjust it.
When he left the latch was still stiff and hard to open or close and still out of allignment, especially for me that I am on a wheelchair. I also noticed that they are not BBB accredited, if I had I would never had them install my door.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Customer service is our top priority!
As you've mentioned, our company has sent few professionals to inspect your complaint. Both confirmed that the latch works completely fine.
The latch supposed to be tight to prevent the door from possible draft, leaks and not tight closing of the door.
If you feel that you still want us to make it loose, please call us at 905-553-7776 talk to Tony (service department) and we will send our installer again to make it loose.

More about Windowtech

Windowtech Windows and Doors is an established Canadian company based in Vaughan, Ontario that offers top quality variety of products to improve the look and energy efficiency of your home, servicing the Greater Toronto Area.  We take great pride in offering the very best materials in the market today and manufactured locally.
We provide many beautiful styles and colors to suit your needs.
We have experienced installers and always ensure high quality workmanship.  We strive to ensure customer satisfaction on every level.
We proudly offer: