Windowtech

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
14 Connie Cres, Unit 16 Vaughan ON L4K 1L3

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 4 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 4 times

Reviews for Windowtech

Yegor in Toronto
Yegor in Toronto

OK contractor as long as you don't need anything from them post-sales

I've replaced 10 windows and 2 doors with this company in two transactions, over the course of a year or so.

The quality of the windows, which are Vinyl-Pro, is fairly good. I've only had an issue with one of the 10 windows. Installation was OK too. I also don't have any complaints about timing - considering COVID I expected the promised timeframes to slip, which they did by a month or so. The price was competitive.

However, getting something from them AFTER you've given them your money is a whole different story. Every time I had to do this it was like pulling teeth. When I noticed one of the windows not closing properly, I could only get an installer (not even a technician) look at it a month later after numerous calls and emails. He realigned the moving part of the window, which solved the problem partially, and also sprayed the rubber strip that seals the window with WD-40, which, come winter, started to stick to the window so much that I thought it would eventually tear the rubber off so I had to clean it.

Getting a proper invoice for the government grant was (and to this day continues to be) a major pain. They provided a basic invoice (with a typo in my name) that doesn't itemize the windows and doors and their cost - simply says 'Windows and Doors", which NRCan doesn't accept as valid proof of payment, therefore I can't receive my grant. When I brought it up, the response was 'well they should accept it, we haven't had this issue before'. They eventually provided an itemized list of windows (but not their cost) as an 'addition' to the original invoice, which NRCan also didn't accept. Now I'm stuck waiting for 8 days and counting before their accountant returns from vacation to hopefully get an updated invoice that NRCan would accept. They promised Saturday - nothing, Monday - nothing.

All in all, it's really telling how their nice attitude evaporates when you're no longer a potential source of their revenue.

Getting a proper invoice for the government's Greener Homes Grant was (and to this day continues to be) a major pain. They provided a basic invoice (with a typo in my name) that doesn't itemize the windows and doors and their cost - simply says 'Windows and Doors", which NRCan doesn't accept as valid proof of payment, therefore I can't receive my grant. When I brought it up, the response was 'well they should accept it, we haven't had this issue before'. They eventually provided an itemized list of windows (but not their cost) as an 'addition' to the original invoice, which NRCan also didn't accept. Now I'm stuck waiting for 8 days and counting before their accountant returns from vacation to hopefully get an updated invoice that NRCan would accept. They promised Saturday - nothing, then Monday - still nothing.

Hello Yegor,

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and we'd like to apologize for any inconveniences you've faced.
Your satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we have sent your feedback through to our leadership and customer experience teams to ensure your concerns are appropriately addressed in a timely manner.

If there is anything we can do to better your experience, please do not hesitate to call us at 905-553-7776 and speak with Tony (Service Dep)

Carmen
Carmen

Patio Door & Installation

Widow Tech was very knowledgeable about their product and how it would neet my needs. They were very transparent about how long it would take to get the door and the time frame in which it would be installed.
The installation met the date that was promised and took the amount of time that was estimated.

The installer was very polite and considerate, taking the time to tidy up the work area when the installation was completed. We are very pleased with the product and service.

Hello Carmen,

Thank you for such a good review. It is certainly pleasant to hear just how exceptional your installation and overall experience went.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you again. Thank you again for your business!

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Retrofit Windows

In August 2021, we met with Windowtech to discuss options to replace 12 windows. The Sales Rep Alex was a pleasure to work with - he answered our questions promptly and thoroughly. The installation date was slightly delayed due to production/supply issues. The two-man installation team arrived on time. They were tidy, pleasant and efficient. They covered carpets and cleaned up inside and out, and finished the job in one day. We would happily engage WindowTech again and recommend their work to others.

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Windowtech for your recent windows replacement project. We're happy to hear our team went above and beyond your initial expectations. We will be sure to let Alex know just how happy you are with the end result. We hope to have the opportunity of working alongside you again.

Terence C.
Terence C.
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Windows Replacement

Very satisfied with the service. The staff was very knowledgable and great at communication. They completed the windows replacement on time.

They also did thorough clean up afterwards.

Highly recommended !
Terence

Hello Terence,

Thank you for contributing this feedback to our HomeStars listing.
We're pleased to see you had a wonderful experience from the very beginning to completion.
We hope to have the privilege of joining you on any future project, and wish you the very best.

Riaz in Brampton
Riaz in Brampton

Windows

Happy with their service - both Sales (Tony) as well as installation and cleanup. The entire installations of the windows (removal and install)
as well the cleanup at the site was completed in one day!!
I will recommend them!

Riaz

Hello Riaz,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! We're happy to hear that your experience from consultation to completion was exceptional. We look forward to working with you again on your next project!

Tony in Markham
Tony in Markham

Patio Doors installation

We love our new patio doors installed by Windowtech. Although there was some delay due to the pandemic, it was worth the wait. They did a good job and Slava was professional and honest.
We highly recommend Windowtech.

Hi Tony,

We're thrilled to hear that your home renovation was stress-free from beginning to completion. Our team members are motivated to provide each of our clients an exceptional experience, so it's wonderful to hear that our dedication shone through.

Window Replacement

We replaced our window and have a brand new Bay Window with Windowtech. Their salesperson was informative and gave us the best price among their competitors. The installer, Vladimir, did an amazing job. I'd highly recommend Windowtech.

Hello,

Thank you for the 10-star feedback. We're thrilled to hear of your satisfaction with all aspects of your project. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

atef in Ottawa
atef in Ottawa

patio door

estimate was fair and installation was professional and Intime
they provide what they promised .Materiel was good according to spec.
I will say every thing was prefect and satisfier completely and thanks

Hello Atef,

Thank you for entrusting Windowtech with your recent home renovation. We're happy to hear that everything from consultation to completion went seamlessly. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you again!

Craig B from Markham
Craig B from Markham

Good windows, Good price, Quality installation, Won't provide invoice for rebate

I want to claim the government rebate, but Windowtech refuses to provide an invoice for me to make a claim. If you want to claim the rebate, withhold some money until you get a detailed invoice. They gave me a 1 line invoice, which they know is not acceptable for the rebate. I have contacted them about 6x and Alex 3x. No invoice.

I called about 15 places for my windows. A couple of places said I could not do a retrofit and needed brick to brick and if anyone says they can don't know what they are talking about. Turns out they were trying to get more money. The prices ranged from $15k to $52k (Magic). I narrowed it down to Panes and Windowtech. Windowtech was a little cheaper than Panes. I selected Windowtech mainly because they use 3rd party windows vs making their own. Most places make their own windows and have not been around long. I found it more appealing to have windows made by a company that only manufactures and uses several selling agents. I think it is a better business model and increases the odds of survival long term vs a family run business. If Windowtech goes under and the manufacturer is still around, I will still have a warranty. IF a company that makes/sells goes under, then you have no more warranty.
The glass used is made by Cardinal. Several places use Cardinal glass, so the only difference is in the frame. I didn't see big differences in the frames with the various companies. These frames have a lot of air chambers for increased efficiency. Alex was quick to come out for an estimate and was good to deal with. At the time Alex came out, there were rumours of another rebate program coming. Alex indicated which glass was eligible based on historic rebates. I was a little concerned about the not so honest sales people who insisted I could only go with brick to brick. Alex assured me retrofit was no issue. Only if they see rotten wood, would he insist on brick to brick (about $3k). Installation and removal of old windows was good and efficient. Clean up was good. Lots of insulation was put in between the windows and frame. Windows look good. Took 2 days with 3 guys. For smaller windows (but still over 38"), consider awning or slider windows - I got casement in error - the middle panel in casement is about 5 inches wide taking up window space.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello Craig,

Thank you for the 10-star feedback! We appreciate you entrusting us with your home improvement, and are thrilled to hear that everything was done on time and on budget.
We hope to have the opportunity of working alongside you again.

Tahir Talpur
Tahir Talpur

Windows and entrance door replacement

So I learned about Windowtech from one of the Flyers we receive in mailbox and I am glad I have them a call, starting from the person who took the call to Leon the sales rep and installers Alexander and his partner (I forgot his name) but he was a Turkish guy, my entire experience was very pleasant with this company. This is our first owned house so we don't know much about renovation, Leon took his time to explain everything, also gave his valuable advice on several things and gave us a very reasonable quote. He was also kind enough to allow a last minute change to the design of the door that we asked in a very reasonable change to the cost.

Alexander and his partner installed everything professionally and worked hard the entire day to get everything done in one day. Alex walked us through every window and door and explained how to operate it and they both cleaned and vacuumed the house as well.

Overall a great company to work with, I definitely recommend them and will go to them for any new projects I'll do in future.

Thank you Windowtech team!

Hello Tahir,

Thank you for contributing this 10-star feedback to our HomeStars listing & Thank you for entrusting Windowtech with your recent home renovation. We're happy to hear that everything from consultation to completion went seamlessly. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you again in the future!

More about Windowtech

Windowtech Windows and Doors is an established Canadian company based in Vaughan, Ontario that offers top quality variety of products to improve the look and energy efficiency of your home, servicing the Greater Toronto Area.  We take great pride in offering the very best materials in the market today and manufactured locally.
We provide many beautiful styles and colors to suit your needs.
We have experienced installers and always ensure high quality workmanship.  We strive to ensure customer satisfaction on every level.
We proudly offer: