Windowtech

Reviews for Windowtech

Debbie from Toronto
Debbie from Toronto

Windows replaced in basement

We replaced multiple windows in our basement and are very pleased with the windows. There were different specifications for each window, double slider, single slider, frosted and clear. All our needs were accommodated. Slade was very helpful in answering all my questions and Tony did an amazing job installing the windows. It took a long time to receive the windows due to supply chain issues as a result of the pandemic, but I was informed up front how long it would take and the estimate was correct.

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for providing this feedback. We're thrilled to hear that our team was able to help you navigate the pros and cons for your replacement options.
We apologize for the delay and believe us, we are doing our best but the supply chain disruption has caused all sort of delays. We hope to have the privilege of working alongside you again!

Craig B from Markham
Craig B from Markham

Good windows, Good price, Quality installation

I called about 15 places for my windows. A couple of places said I could not do a retrofit and needed brick to brick and if anyone says they can don't know what they are talking about. Turns out they were trying to get more money. The prices ranged from $15k to $52k (Magic). I narrowed it down to Panes and Windowtech. Windowtech was a little cheaper than Panes. I selected Windowtech mainly because they use 3rd party windows vs making their own. Most places make their own windows and have not been around long. I found it more appealing to have windows made by a company that only manufactures and uses several selling agents. I think it is a better business model and increases the odds of survival long term vs a family run business. If Windowtech goes under and the manufacturer is still around, I will still have a warranty. IF a company that makes/sells goes under, then you have no more warranty.
The glass used is made by Cardinal. Several places use Cardinal glass, so the only difference is in the frame. I didn't see big differences in the frames with the various companies. These frames have a lot of air chambers for increased efficiency. Alex was quick to come out for an estimate and was good to deal with. At the time Alex came out, there were rumours of another rebate program coming. Alex indicated which glass was eligible based on historic rebates. I was a little concerned about the not so honest sales people who insisted I could only go with brick to brick. Alex assured me retrofit was no issue. Only if they see rotten wood, would he insist on brick to brick (about $3k). Installation and removal of old windows was good and efficient. Clean up was good. Lots of insulation was put in between the windows and frame. Windows look good. Took 2 days with 3 guys. For smaller windows (but still over 38"), consider awning or slider windows - I got casement in error - the middle panel in casement is about 5 inches wide taking up window space.

Tahir Talpur
Tahir Talpur

Windows and entrance door replacement

So I learned about Windowtech from one of the Flyers we receive in mailbox and I am glad I have them a call, starting from the person who took the call to Leon the sales rep and installers Alexander and his partner (I forgot his name) but he was a Turkish guy, my entire experience was very pleasant with this company. This is our first owned house so we don't know much about renovation, Leon took his time to explain everything, also gave his valuable advice on several things and gave us a very reasonable quote. He was also kind enough to allow a last minute change to the design of the door that we asked in a very reasonable change to the cost.

Alexander and his partner installed everything professionally and worked hard the entire day to get everything done in one day. Alex walked us through every window and door and explained how to operate it and they both cleaned and vacuumed the house as well.

Overall a great company to work with, I definitely recommend them and will go to them for any new projects I'll do in future.

Thank you Windowtech team!

Hello Tahir,

Thank you for contributing this 10-star feedback to our HomeStars listing & Thank you for entrusting Windowtech with your recent home renovation. We're happy to hear that everything from consultation to completion went seamlessly. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you again in the future!

Window Retrofit

How can this company have high ratings? Think twice before choosing windowtech.

They took 3 months longer than promised.

They changed the price after months of signing the contract for no reason effectively locking you in for a price 30% higher than in the contract

They are very unresponsive for basic requests.

Hello,

Due to a "Private User" name we cannot find you in our database.
We would first and foremost like to apologize for any delays you've experienced. As we're sure you're aware, supply chains across the globe have been disproportionately affected by a number of unforeseeable situations. We are not impervious to the effects of these situations, although we do wish we were.
Also, we would never change the price on the contract unless customer made a change in the order.
Please, give us a call at any time if you need an assistance - 905-553-7776

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

New front door/bedroom window

Great company to work with! Starting with Alex the sales rep, friendly, knowledgeable and quick to answer any calls or emails. The installer was fantastic (wish I could remember his name)! He worked meticulously with great pride and efficiently. End result, I have a beautiful new front door that I am proud of, and the quality of both door and bedroom window are outstanding!

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Windowtech for your recent entry door replacement project. We're happy to hear our team went above and beyond your initial expectations, we hope to have the opportunity of working alongside you again.

Karen in Toronto
Karen in Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Window Installation

We have been waiting months to give a review as we are really hoping to give Ivan, Vlad and the Window Tech team top scores. For now, we will score fairly low for reasons of "lack of continuity and follow through with a job"; and will change the rating once the pending issue is resolved. We are actually very pleased with Ivan's attentiveness and patience while we were deciding on our windows. We met him last year August while thinking of our window replacement, and signed with Window Tech in March of this year. Vlad came to measure twice thereafter. The wait for installation was long and we understand the delays due to COVID. Windows were installed June 16th. Vlad and his team were GREAT. They are very good at their craft! They finished all the windows in one day, and cleaned up the mess. We are very happy with the outcome. The very next day, we noticed in one of the main windows that the sprayed foam insulation had seeped out of the new caulking, causing a deformity on the caulking lines. We called Vlad immediately who was going to come back the next day to fix it. He didn't show. Called and texted both Vlad and Ivan a few more times over the course of the last 16 weeks. We were told it was going to get fixed on certain dates, and each time, no one shows up. It is now October, four months after the installation. With the lack of follow through, it is disappointing to think that once a business has your money, you'd never see them again despite having some sort of a work warranty in place. Low scores for now, and hoping to change to top scores "IF" the job gets completed.

Hello Karen,

Our clients satisfaction is incredibly important to our organization. We apologize for any inconvenience during the process. Unfortunately, sometimes it goes the wrong way but we always do our best to fix it. The job is completed and we hope to have the opportunity of working alongside you and your family again.

Adrian in Toronto
Adrian in Toronto

Entrance and Garden doors changed

Windowtech was great to deal with. Starting with Alex who was very prompt in coming over, took extreme precaution due to Covid while he was in my house measuring my doors and walking me through the different options and price ranges. He explained the different promotions, what would suit the two doors that I intended to change and after I had spent considerable time getting competitive quotes, came back promptly and we agreed upon what we needed. There was no pressure in buying from him at all!!
Robert the installer did a fantastic job. He took his time and did not rush through, spending the entire day meticulously installing both doors and only left when he was satisfied that they were installed properly and I was satisfied with it.
Great company to work with and extremely competitive in the market. I got 4 other quotes for the same door and same insert and they were very well priced, but also very nice to work with.
I would recommend them to anyone!!

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! We're happy to hear that your experience from consultation to completion was exceptional. We look forward to working with you again on your next project!

Joanne in Toronto
Joanne in Toronto

Windows and entrance door

Dave was really nice and new what he was doing, we got quotes from 3 different companies and Windowtech was the only one who took the time to show us all the products, Dave was always available to answer all our questions, we are very pleased

Hello Joanne,

We're thrilled to hear that your home renovation was stress-free from beginning to completion. Our team members are motivated to provide each of our clients an exceptional experience, so it's wonderful to hear that our dedication shone through.

Joseph in Toronto
Joseph in Toronto

Large Window Replacement

Everything about the process was smooth and seamless. From picking out window style, explaining different types of glass, to ensuring everything was completed to my satisfaction; Slade was great. The gentlemen who completed my installation were professional and friendly.

Hello Joseph,

Thank you very much for this glowing review and the 10-stars!. We are happy to hear about your experience with us, and how much you like your new windows. We look forward to working with you again in the future and to assist all your family and friends with their window and door projects.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

New windows

Great install. Was fast and friendly. Very reasonable price. Will be going with windowtech for future install. They showed up on time and didn't leave a mess afterward. Very happy overall

Hello,

Thank you for a great review!!! It feels really good when our customers are really happy with Windowtech products and installations.

More about Windowtech

Windowtech Windows and Doors is an established Canadian company based in Vaughan, Ontario that offers top quality variety of products to improve the look and energy efficiency of your home, servicing the Greater Toronto Area.  We take great pride in offering the very best materials in the market today and manufactured locally.
We provide many beautiful styles and colors to suit your needs.
We have experienced installers and always ensure high quality workmanship.  We strive to ensure customer satisfaction on every level.
We proudly offer: