3yrs ago I purchased "Cleaning Protection" services from MAGI-SEAL and IN-HOME SERVICES. I strongly discourage anyone else from doing the same! They cancel apopointments with <2hrs notice and they don't finish the job! I felt like I was dealing with a sleazy insurance company that was trying to minimize a claim!
Here is the quick story -
1. About a month ago I called to book a cleaning of my sofa and ottoman. I gave the service person a detailed description of the grease and food stains on the furniture on the frames and many (but not all) of the cushions on the sofa and ottoman. I booked an appointment for about 2wks later.
2. I rearranged my schedule to be home when the service person was to arrive. TWO HOURS before the cleaning appointment, I received a phone call that the appointment needed to be cancelled. CANCELLED ??? TWO HOURS NOTICE? I called immediately to book a new appointment for ASAP, but the soonest they could come would be over a week and a half later.
3. Last night my son and I took the time to put stickers next to the stains (see photos). My housekeeper let in the technician this morning. He spent less than half an hour here, and very clearly did not finish the job. My housekeeper told him so, but he said something about his boss not letting him do the job and he left. I guess he thought the shy housekeeper wouldn’t follow up?
4. I came home, took these photos and called them immediately. The response was that I received was that I need to file a formal complaint with a different department. (The number that I called was the number on the bottom of the receipt.)
I understand their business model is to minimize cleaning jobs (i.e. expenses) - but I paid for service that was not completed.
- Approximate cost of services: