Enbridge Gas Distribution

Cora in Kitchener
Cora in Kitchener
1 review Brant, ON

Awufl!

Absolutely awful customer service! If they make a mistake dont expect a quick fix or any fix at all. We opened our account on June 30th, 2022. I said I did NOT want the EPP/authorized payments. I called several times asking for a bill and still did not have one at the end of October. Finally, I received multiple bills but the total owing amount was different each time. As it turns out they had been charging me an EPP rate rather than usage. This was their mistake so I asked to just pay for usage. They said no problem and gave me the due date. Two days later they took nearly $400 out of my account without my permission. I called to inquire what was happening and was told the request to have the money put back into my account had already been made. I asked why this wasnt communicated to me and they had no answer. They said the money would be in my account by Monday morning. It was not, so I called again and was told there was no record of this request being made. I had to have it escalated to a supervisor, who scheduled a callback but never called. Eventually, when I heard back they still had no solution. Finally, in the end, they said the refund into my account was not an option (shows the first person I spoke to flat out didn't tell the truth), and offered an e-transfer. This was left in a voicemail. I called right back to say that was fine. No one has called me back, no transfer. I called to schedule another callback, and was told I would receive one the same day. I have not. It is unacceptable to take money out of an account, especially in these times. Very unhappy and if you can avoid the company somehow, definitely do so!

TL:DR- Enbridge has awful customer service. They withdrew money without permission, do not tell the truth and do not follow up.

Private User reviews Quinte West, ON

Billing issues

Charging more than I used. 3 bills in a row are not right and they don't care to fix the issue.

Michelle from Mississauga
Michelle from Mississauga

Replacement of Gas Meter

Got a notice in the mail that my gas meter needed to be changed. I booked to have someone come out and do that. The technician came and gave me a violation that quite frankly should have been handled when my water heater was changed last year by whoever they sent out. So I was not told of any charge to have a reinspection done but that should the repair (which I was told my husband could do...heck I could have done it), that if the repair wasn't done, that they would come out anyway and charge me $70 plus hst. So my husband does the work and after taking forever to get through to Enbridge, I'm told that it will be $70 plus tax for a technician to show up. I'm like WHAT??? that was never relayed to me. Not even on their voicemail for Enbridge does it say anything like that. So, I ask to speak with a supervisor and I'm told that one would call me (as there allegedly were none on Sundays) So Monday I get a call and I the on the voice message, the woman did not leave her name, nor a direct contact number to reach her at...yet she blithered on about this $70 charge. Had I been told about this charge from jump street, then I wouldn't dispute, but that wasn't the case. So today I call them back to get this foolishness handled and the guy who came was in and out of here in less than 5 minutes. So $70 for some guy to take a flashlight and see some cut drywall. Unbelievable. This is not the first dreadful experience I've had with this company.

Bad experience

My gas was shut off due to replacement of meter. I was not notified that this would be happening. I called and booked an appointment to have gas turned back on - was given the usual "4 hour window". No one showed up. Upon calling again I was given several (divergent and contradictory) stories, the most entertaining one being that a tech "came and checked the outdoor meter during the 4 hour window timeframe, confirmed that the gas was off and then left". Huh???

Now have to I have wait around AGAIN tonight during the dreaded “4 hour window”. Seems to me that since *they* messed up the customer should be given an exact time and not be forced back in to another 4 hour wait again. Appalling customer service.

twepac from Scarborough
twepac from Scarborough
1 review Ottawa, ON

Billing issues with Enbridge

Enbridge uses the same deceiving tactics Rogers uses. If you are familiar with Rogers Communications' constant errors with their billing system, please note that you will face the same nightmares with Enbridge. Customer Service very slow and do not seem to have any training. They make mistake after mistake and good luck talking to a supervisor.

GTA area
GTA area

Water Heater Service

Terrible service. Stopped having hot water for almost a week now, called Services and each technician that they are sending out failed to finish the job.They didn't even bother looking for the ISSUE. It's the 5th technician coming in and telling me that the parts are missing, everyday they are sending us a new part to replace but another technician comes in and make an excuse saying the parts are STILL WRONG AND MISSING. Spoke with the supervisior AND FIELD MANAGER, PROMISED to send another technician in between 6-10pm, called them at 9pm and informed me that some parts ARE STILL MISSING AND THERE WON'T BE A TECHNICIAN COMING. I have seniors at home waiting for this situation to be solved. My next step is to cancel this company. Extremely disappointed, given too many chances.

Frank
Frank
9 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Natural Gas Leak

It is so unfortunate that Enbridge has a monopoly on natural gas delivery. I was at my parents' house and smelled what I thought was natural gas. Called Enbridge, and the technician came within an hour which was great. However, he only came to the porch, and just said there is no gas smell. When asked if he can check the inside as well, he refused, and just said the smell is just sewer smell.
Fast forward another 2 months, after trying to find the source of this sewer smell, cleaning the whole house, we called Enbridge again. This time, the technician came with a natural gas detector right away, and it beeps so loud even at the front porch! Thank God this new technician found the leak. And he said every time a technician should be using this device to check. Because of the first technician who obviously is a complete slacker and incompetent, my parents had to breath natural gas for 2 months. What's more insulting is that when I called Enbridge to launch a complaint against the first technician, I was told I should be calling Enbridge when gas is smelled. This is a WTH moment. I did call, and I assume the technician was a professional, and when he tells me it is not natural gas, I just took his word for it. I guess I am at fault for being too naive to trust an Enbridge technician!

John McTtaggart in North york
John McTtaggart in North york
11 reviews North York, ON

overall service

poor service contact point. poor technicians. shoddy repairs. numerous call-backs. can't read my meter . somehow this was my problem. they finally figured it out. monopoly on this type of service leaves no choice

Howard from Markham
Howard from Markham

Poor attitude

I called Enbridge becuase my water heater had problems. Their customer call centre had great service, but the person who came to my house had one of the worst attitude. He would just come in to my house without asking and just walked into my house with his outdoor shoes. I told Him where my basement was and he just went down there. After 20 min he fixed it and just left. It's ok that he left but shouldn't he also close my door? Worst customer service ever.

Liz from Ajax
Liz from Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

hot water tank

My hot water tank split this past summer. I had hot water all over the place. After a panic call to enbridge. They arranged to get me a new one by the next day. They were very prompt on the time they said they would be there.