Grand Building And Contracting Ltd.

110 Festival Dr Toronto ON M2R 3V1
General Contractors
Grand Building And Contracting Ltd.

Best of 2021 winnerBest of 2021winner

Reviews for Grand Building And Contracting Ltd.

Front Porch
Front Porch

Renovated front porch steps, walkway and driveway

Adam and all of his crew were very easy to deal with and produced excellent work, surpassing my expectations. They came in on budget and ahead of schedule. My wife and I were extremely pleased with everything. I definitely would recommend this company to anyone.

Max & Steve from Toronto
Max & Steve from Toronto

New Garage

We are so happy with our new garage! The old one was over 70 years old and had to go. Our property boundaries are a little unusual due to a private alley and the inspector was very difficult which delayed the permit. Adam had the patience of a saint, going back to the city multiple times and ultimately he got the permit approved the way we wanted it. Once that was done, the project proceeded quickly. Each team was great from the teardown, the pouring of the concrete, framers and the roofers. They left the area clean each night, were considerate to the neighbours and most importantly did great work. The project was done on budget and it looks perfect. We couldn't be happier and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Grand Building.

Stanley
Stanley

Outdoor Covered Terrace

I engaged Grand Building on a Design/Permit/Build basis in December of 2020, recognizing the lead time requirement to obtain the necessary approvals.

A preliminary budget was established with an 'opt-out' agreement after permits were issued, should the project not proceed for any reason. The costs of engineering and permit issue, and a nominal fee for Grand Building, was agreed to for this 'preconstruction' phase.

Using my own design concept, Grand Building engaged an Architect and Engineer to complete the required permit drawings. When the permit was issued and final design details were established, a final budget was agreed to and a contact was signed. Grand Building was extremely upfront and forthcoming in all negotiations of cost and construction management approach.

The project commenced in June of this year, and, with the challenges of material and labor supply, and the extraordinary challenge of a very unique project (see photos), was completed in late August.

I am a retired construction professional, having spent more than 40 years
in the business at all levels, from working with tools to executive level with a major GTA contractor. It was important for me to build trust with a potential contactor for a life changing project for my wife, myself, friends and family. From initial meetings with Adam and Alex, my wife and I were extremely confident in their approach, integrity and family oriented history.

They did NOT disappoint! The trades that Adam promoted to our project were exactly what was required. Dealing with massive wood structural elements and the detail required in finishing the masonry and finished carpentry, electrical, etc., was very demanding and accomplished in a high quality and very courteous and respectful manner, qualities that exemplify Grand Building's mission.

We have recommended Grand Building to our family and neighbors, and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them for any challenging project.

Two Thumbs up!!

Stan Ambrose
Bayview Village

Garage Renovation

The father and son duo of Alex and Adam are superb to work with. They are professional and on top of everything. The project came in better than our expectation, and the trades that Alex and Adam brought in are one of the best that we've worked with. The carpenter, electrician, masonry, and exterior finishing teams were all very pleasant to work with.

Our old garage is now breathing a new life that will last for lifetimes. The before and after photos speak for themselves.

Alison
Alison

Excellent work, great company!

With the lock down, no travel and staycations we decided to fix up the outside of our house. Alex was great at working with us to determine our options for fixing up our garage, expanding our driveway, adding a wooden fence, a retaining wall, a couple of garden walls, a deck extension, electrical and a front porch. He and his sons worked with the trades, they were great at communicating when things would be happening, they were courteous, and reasonably priced. Look no further if you want to work with a great company.

B
B

Front porch, railing and walkwsy

Couldn’t be happier with the workmanship and service. Jason kept us abreast of timelines and personally checked in several times during the process. Grand Building and Contracting treated us honestly and respectfully every step of the way. We truly felt like our job mattered to them. Every question we had was answered quickly and to our satisfaction. Definitely will use them again!!!

Thank you B for the wonderful review. We are thrilled that you are happy as we always try our absolute best to communicate, treat our clients well, and deliver great results. Please enjoy for many years to come.

Backyard revitalization

Jason and the team at Grand Building were wonderful to work with on our backyard project. From the very beginning they were responsive and took the time to understand and help us shape our vision.

Once we started work on the project this spring, they moved quickly but thoroughly and finished the job ahead of schedule.

We're very happy with how the project turned out and will definitely work with Grand Building again in the future!

Melodie in Mississauga
Melodie in Mississauga

kitchen renovation

I needed a new kitchen so I got in touch with Grand Building & Contracting and I am so glad I did. I have the most beautiful kitchen.
Adam and his team worked so hard and gave me a kitchen on budget.
All the workers were so helpful but I can't say enough about Adam. He
really put me at ease about the renovation and was there every step of
the way. Many thanks to Adam, Ben & Jace.

Hi Melodie, your words are too kind. It was an absolute pleasure delivering a project that you love. It makes us feel good. It's easy to go over and above when working with great clients. You were very accommodating and absolutely fantastic every step of the way. Thank you.

Meg
Meg

Porch Repair and Upgrade

Our porch had original Latham plaster that was falling down from the overhang and needed a serious upgrade! Alex and Jason were responsive and friendly and gave us some great suggestions to work within our budget. The old plaster was pulled down and replaced with tongue and groove cedar and they stripped and re-painted the overhang and cedar shakes that were also looking rough. Now it looks like a new porch!! We are very happy and would love to work with them again. Highly recommend!

Hi Meg, thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to repair and improve your porch. We are glad that you are happy with the results and look forward to working with you on the next project. We are also grateful for the positive review. Thanks again.

cduffy in Toronto, Ontario Canada M9C1R7
cduffy in Toronto, Ontario Canada M9C1R7

Bathroom Reno

Smooth and painless. Adam was terrific to work with. Ben and others were super nice and incredibly fast and skilled - all the work was top quality. During Covid I was not interested in going out shopping for materials so Adam just sent me options via email to select from. So much simpler than my last reno! Very happy with the results.

Thank you very much cduffy. We love to hear your description of smooth, painless, and top quality work. These are always top priorities for us on any project. Enjoy!

More about Grand Building And Contracting Ltd.

Our unique approach combines over 40 years of residential contracting and project management experience with a modern understanding of today’s client needs, as well as innovative technologies, products, and construction techniques.

Over the years we have been able to assemble a trusted and reliable skilled team of in house contractors, subcontractors, and master tradespeople and craftsmen to efficiently bring projects to life. Licensed and insured, we believe that honesty, integrity, and communication are paramount to providing superior project results and long term client satisfaction.

Our commitment to excellence results in a finer level of quality and service, while ensuring that projects are completed to a higher standard, on budget, and on schedule.

General Contractors
Interior renovations, Basement, Bathroom , Kitchen, Custom cabinetry and millwork, Painting, Flooring, Stairs and railings, Trim work and crown mouldings, Tile, Plumbing, Underground drains, Interior waterproofing and sump pumps, Back water valves, Radiant in-floor heating, Electrical, Fireplaces, Mechanical (HVAC), Insulation, Basement lowering/underpinning, Restoration Exterior renovations, Deck & fence, Evestrough, soffit & facia, Gutter protection systems, Roofing, Interlock, retaining walls, landscaping, Porches, Stone facings, Stucco and mouldings, Masonry, Waterproofing, Concrete, Chimneys, Siding, Windows & doors, Basement walkouts, Enclosures, Pools and Spas, Driveways, Heated driveways & walkways (Snow-melt systems)
Full gut remodels, Extensions and build outs, Pop ups and build ups, Excavations and extended foundations, Liveable attics, Architectural design and consultation, Engineering design and consultation,, Building permit facilitation and management
2009