Guru Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Formerly Guru Contracting Ltd.
16854 Fraser Hwy Surrey BC V4N 0E3
Guru Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Reviews for Guru Plumbing Heating & Cooling

John in Vancouver
John in Vancouver
0 reviews Abbotsford, BC

AC install

I had an AC unit installed. 13 months to the day it stopped working. I called, made an appointment. The day prior to the appointment they called to confirm, on the day of the appointment they called and pushed the appointment 1 hour, no problem. I called them 40 minutes before the appointment to ask a question. They now have to push it to 4 hours later, I couldn't do that as I had prior arrangements. I tried to call Raj and he will not answer any calls or messages. I now can't even book a new appointment.
If Raj will call me back I will gladly update this review. As for now, I would strongly recommend that noone use this company if they can't call you back or service the work they do.

Guru has since fixed my AC free of charge.

Hi John, we as a company picked up all your calls and this is an absolute lie. As we mentioned to you that Raj was unavailable at that time, you said you will keep on calling back until he calls you which we think was very aggressive on your part. We did mention he will call you back when he is in the office, we just needed some time. As per the job, we always provide an ETA based on our schedule, if the technician gets stuck in another job, we try our best to find someone else to cover for them. In this case, all our technicians were busy and we simply asked you to reschedule or the technician can come the same day but a little later which you denied. We base our appointments on a standard time and sometimes certain jobs take longer than expected so we cannot leave the job incomplete. Once we open up the equipment, we must complete a job. You also rescheduled your appointment with us by calling our office the next day. Thank you!

Horrific Misrepresentation
Horrific Misrepresentation

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMPLETE MISREPRESENTATION

Firstly it is not in my nature to write bad reviews...I usually walk away from bad experiences however I don't want this company to mis-represent themselves and take advantage of other future clients.
I have known Raj for years now and have trusted him and his dad to assist me with my plumbing needs and have also referred his services to other clients of mine including friends and family. To make a long story short, Raj and his company have charged me for services or repairs however not disclosing to me that items that have been fixed are covered under warranty therefore as a client I should only be charged for the labor. Instead they collect money from the warranty and also charge the client. Raj has also visited my home to fix my furnace, charged me for the furnace repair which is standard, then for the part which he said was the motherboard. Asked for me to pay an ample amount of money, only to find out that he was also paid through the warranty company and myself. Three days later the furnace stopped working again after his repair, replacement of the motherboard and his reply when I called him to fix or ask what's going on he says that I need to pay more money and that another part of the furnace isn't working? We have not had heat over the months of Dec-February and having three young kids made this awful for our family. Raj and his company didn't care at all he only cared about getting more money and not helping fix or address the issue. Now as of todays date and Why I decided to write this review was our hot water tank just went however Raj installed our tank a few years ago when I wasn't home that's how much I trusted this person. Only to find out he put a sticker on my tank that says he installed a 2013 tank! Our tank is only a few years old? I confronted Raj this morning and asked why is there a sticker on the tank and under warranty reading that you installed a 2013 tank however you just installed? The point that I'm making is that my personal experience has been awful and the customer service has not been pleasant. I would not recommend this company to my friends or anyone. Customer Service and Honesty is the most important in business. I also have more experiences with Raj and Guru however there's too many incidents to continue. Bottom line I wouldn't trust them.

Hello Andrea, we have checked all the records in our system and can assure you that everything you just wrote does not match our records and is a lie. We take pride in our business and our customers trust us. We however do not mislead anyone in any way. You have had a history of lying about any work that has been done for you. We have also experienced that you only call our company to get free deals and never when you're actually dissatisfied with our service. We have more than enough records to show that the work we did on your furnace and the hot water tank is genuine and has been charged correctly. We always try to build a good relationship with our clients but in this case, we have to take a step back and say that we would NO longer want to work with you. We installed the tank in 2014, which makes it still under warranty as told by everyone you called in our company. This whole story is made up and these are all false claims. We do NOT want to serve you anymore and we say this as we respect ourselves and our technicians. Thank you for your feedback!

rickysanghera
rickysanghera

Hot water tank replacement

We made a purchase of a new townhome with a short completion period. Not only was Raj able to provide the best price, he replacement the tank in a very short period for time. We couldn’t be any happier!

Thank you Ricky, at Guru Service Group we try to provide the best plumbing, heating and cooling service experience. From hot water tanks, furnaces and to all your plumbing needs we at got you covered.

M in Surrey
M in Surrey

Hot water tank replacement

Just got my hot water tank replaced. They did an amazing job. I would highly recommend them to my friends and family and to anyone else who is looking for fast and professional services.

Thank you for the review! We look forward to keep helping you in all your future plumbing, heating and cooling needs.

Sawaran in Surrey
Sawaran in Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Excellent efficient service

Being new to Canada and having experience bad service on several occasion I was very reluctant to approach a company to install a air conditioning unit and replace my Furnace.
After several quotes last year I decided not to proceed. One of the quotes was from Guru Plumbing. I liked their approach and Raj some how came across as a genuine person.
I approached him again after 13 months. He accepted to honour his quotation which was 13 months old. In fact I upgraded the equipment and landed paying extra for this as I felt that he was giving me value for money.
Everything was installed in a day, on the day it was planned for. Raj has still kept it touch to make sure all was well.
I will recommend him to any would be customers
Sawaran

Thank you Sawaran for believing in us. We are very glad to hear you had a great experience with us. We look forward to continue this relationship and help you with all your plumbing, heating or cooling related issues.

rsangra23
rsangra23
1 review Surrey, BC

Ac installed

Good price, professional, prompt and clean service. Works great in this heatwave. Would definitely recommend.

Thank you Ranjit for trusting us with your air conditioner installation. We look forward to see you for all your plumbing, heating and cooling related issues.

soldbymarv
soldbymarv
1 review Langley, BC

Plumbing

They replaced my furnance and did an AC install, I have to say Raj was very professional, punctual, and the work him and the team did were top notch! I highly recommend Guru!

Thank you Marv for choosing us for your air conditioning and furnace installation. We look forward to keep seeing you for all your plumbing, heating and cooling related issues.

levonamb
levonamb
1 review Surrey, BC

Replacement of water heater

The project was about to replace the very old hot water tank with a new model.
I've got the full idea what exactly I want to install after trying to make a deal with couple of other contractors.
The Guru Services representative however provided a full review of all options available and most importantly listened and addressed my concerns and custom requirements.
So I've proceeded with tankless condensing water heater by following their professional recommendations and expertise and it turns out to effective and durable solution.
I really appreciate their flexibility and attention to details.
Overall the job was done quickly and professionally and the device is functioning for two months so far without a hitch.
There is always some room for perfection however.
Not trying to be picky but it would be nice if they can provide printed rebate forms instead of filling in fields by hand to exclude any odds through the rebate process.
Especially taking in account that Fortis BC provides pdf editable versions of the rebate form.

Thank you Levon, we look forward to work with you in the future

Nirmal Kaila from Burnaby
Nirmal Kaila from Burnaby
8 reviews Burnaby, BC

Sewer line replacement

Raj was responsive, professional and reliable. The work was done on time and on budget. I would recommend this company for quick and money saving projects at your older home.

Thank you Nirmal for your review. We are happy to hear about your experience and appreciate your business very much.
Looking forward to helping you with all your plumbing, heating and cooling issues.

P Kotalwi from Surrey
P Kotalwi from Surrey
3 reviews Surrey, BC

Toilet leaking

I called Raj and he told me that he would not be able to make it that day in all honesty. But he would come the next day. I liked the fact that he gave me an expectation and not a possible time. He called when he was coming and told me that where he was and it gave me a good idea when he would be there. He was easy to talk to and was very helpful in resolving the issue. I like that if there is any issues I have 1 year of warranty on it. I would use them again without any hesitation.

More about Guru Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Guru Plumbing, Heating and Drainage with years of experience provides 100% satisfaction guaranteed services such as furnace repair or replacement, hot water heaters and tanks, plumbing and heating systems for residential & commercial clients in Surrey, BC and the surrounding areas. Services: Furnace Repair and Install, Boiler Repair and Install, ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in New Westminster?