Westmount Heating

Jeff Dixon from Coquitlam
Jeff Dixon from Coquitlam
2 reviews Coquitlam, BC

New Lennox Air Conditioner installation

About 18 months ago my wife and I moved into a new open concept home in Coquitlam with large windows in the Great Room. At the time we purchased the home we opted out of purchasing an air conditioning unit through the builder as the cost seemed inflated and we figured we’d only need it for a few weeks per year. The first summer we suffered through temperatures in the high 20’s on our main floor and sometimes in the low 30’s on our upper floor.

This year we knew we’d have to purchase an AC unit so I began researching HVAC providers in the Lower Mainland. Westmount Heating was one of the first providers I came across and the Homestars site showed numerous positive reviews. I contacted Westmount and quickly heard back from Laurenzo. Over the phone we discussed our requirements and he provided me with some general options explaining the benefits and drawbacks of each. During the free in home consultation Laurenzo thoroughly examined our existing furnace and wiring and provided us with a detailed walkthrough of how he would install an AC unit or heat pump including exactly what steps he’d take. During both our initial call and the in home consultation both my wife and I felt very comfortable with Laurenzo’s knowledge, professionalism, and more importantly how well he answered our questions and educated us on heating and air conditioning.

Shortly after our consultation Laurenzo responded quickly with a quote as promised where he outlined the costs for multiple options. The quote was very reasonable and significantly less than the price quoted by our builder a year earlier. We chose to go with a Lennox air conditioner option. I wasn’t at home when he performed the installation but upon my return it was installed exactly as he described with no mess left behind.

With the recent heat wave it only seemed appropriate that I followed up with a review as my co-workers have complained about the heat in their homes and my wife and I are in perfect temperature. In service related industries it is the quality of the people you deal with and the way they communicate with you that make the difference. Our experience with Westmount was overwhelmingly positive and I highly recommend giving Laurenzo a call for anyone considering new heating/air conditioning solutions or upgrades.

Dave Burke from Coquitlam
Dave Burke from Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

95.00

Lorenzo did a great job found a short in the thermasta wiring and fixed it promptly and also turned up the pressure. He is very personable and informative. We highly recommend him and would not hesitate to use him again.

Teresa from Port Moody
Teresa from Port Moody
1 review Port Moody, BC

furnace replacement

Laurenzo replaced our old furnace with a high efficiency furnace. His workmanship is outstanding! We really appreciated his friendly and knowledgeable approach! The installation was prompt and within the time frame estimated. We would highly recommend him to our friends and family!

Marie Ho from Richmond
Marie Ho from Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Furnace and air-conditioner

I have just had Westmount Heating to replace my aged old furnace with a Lennox high-efficiency furnace and at the same time to also add a high-efficiency central air-conditioner. I have done quite a bit research in order to find quality equipment and more importantly a quality contractor / installer because installation is the key trouble source for equipment failures according to the Consumers’ Report.
Based on many expert advices, I obtained 4 quotes. With what I learned from my research, I found that most of the contractors like to recommend more expensive high-end equipment and also over-sizing the equipment. (Over-sizing the furnace and air-conditioner units is a very bad idea because it causes the equipment to go on-and-off too frequently and thus reducing the comfort in the house.)

I have to say that I was lucky to find Westmount Heating. Westmount Heating was the only company recommending me with the right sizing equipment and also a very reasonable estimate the first time. There was no need for me to do any further negotiation as I was satisfied with the estimate.
Westmount is actually an owner-operator business. Laurenzo is the owner and does his own installation. Laurenzo did his best to fit my installation in his schedule. He came in the morning and completed all the installation in just one day. He surely knows his trade. He removed all the junks and cleaned up everything before leaving. I was quite impressed with that. He made sure that he show me all the key aspects of the control and maintenance before leaving. Overall, I have to say that I was very pleased with the quality of his work (at least judging from the completed work) and his professionalism in dealing with me as well as his pleasant personality. I am very impressed to the point that I will have no hesitation to recommend and endorse him should any of my other family members and friends need any furnace and/or air-conditioner work.
I will write a follow-up review after a year about my experience on the performance of the equipment.
A final note, I would highly recommend that you do some research on the internet before you call the contractors for pricing. It is extremely important that you have some basic knowledge about different types of furnaces and air-conditioners on the market and also some rule of thumb for sizing. Your knowledge will help you vastly in selecting the contractor. Based on my research, I decided to install a simply high-efficiency air-conditioner and not to go with the popular idea of ‘heat-pump’. This decision alone saved me between $2000 to $4000, because
(1) The limited number of hot days in Vancouver area; Thus a simple high-efficiency air-conditioner will do more than adequate job in Vancouver area. So, why spend extra money on heat-pump?)
(2) The much higher cost of using electricity than natural gas as the fuel;
(3) The higher capital cost for a heat-pump.

cd from Burnaby
cd from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Hot water tank & Furnace replacement

Laurenzo did such an excellent job replacing our Furnace we had him back several years later to replace the hot water tank. His quotes for both where very reasonable. He does excellent work.

Dong Hun Kim from Coquitlam
Dong Hun Kim from Coquitlam
2 reviews Langley, BC

Furnace

Raurenzo was very friendly and professional. He answered all our
questions thoroughly. He took his time and went through all the options and helped us to choose the best furnace for our needs.

He installed the furnace on time and his workmanship was excellent.

I recommend Laurenzo to anyone who's looking for a new furnace.

MLT from Coquitlam
MLT from Coquitlam
4 reviews Coquitlam, BC

New tankless water heater and furnace

Lorenzo came recommended to us by a close friend. He responded quickly to look at the work that needed to be done, gave us his best recommendation and a fair quote. Lorenzo sets the bar very high for himself as far as quality of his work. He went beyond his call to identify an issue we had with water pressure in our house and even got a plumber out to test and fix some plumbing issues. Very efficient, friendly and punctual. Thank you Lorenzo!

Andrew J from Port Coquitlam
Andrew J from Port Coquitlam
2 reviews Port Coquitlam, BC

Furnace replacement and Heat pump Purchase

Lorenzo was excellent. He right away assessed the issue and offered a few good options. His best recommendation is the one we went with and have been extremely happy ever since. And his price quotes were the best. Thanks Lorenzo.

Evocation Publishing Co. Inc. from Vancouver

Heat Pump malfunction

Laurenzo was recommended to us by Jason at DuctDudes and he came very promptly. Charming and knowledgeable,. he identified the problem - a corroded part in the heat pump and showed it to us. He gave us the price of the item and came back and installed it. He only charged us for his minimum call even though he had to come twice to fix the problem. We only use services from homestars whenever we can. For all heating problems we will use Laurenzo and for duct cleaning, DuctDudes (Jason).

Jocelyn Gallagher from Vancouver
Jocelyn Gallagher from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Furnace and Hot Water Tank

Lorenzo moved our heating ducts, installed a new furnace, and replaced our hot water tank 5 years ago. He helped us choose the best option for our house and our budget. He worked very hard to get the job done quickly without compromising quality. He was friendly, respectful of our property and our neighbours, and super sweet to my toddler who wanted to "help." Whenever I have needed to have the furnace serviced, he has responded immediately. I have recommended him to various friends and family members, who have all been impressed with his customer service, his fair prices, and his excellent work.

More about Westmount Heating

Westmount Heating is a fully licenced and bonded company specializing in all types of heating systems, installation and servicing from small reno's to new construction. We are dedicated to offering the best prices and best service possible to our customers. Serving Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and now all Okanagan areas!