Gord's Electric

Reviews for Gord's Electric

Todd from Ajax
Todd from Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Repair, Service line point of attachment

I called Scott on a Sunday to look at a service line point of attachment which was hanging onto my house by 2 nails. (About to fall off!) Scott called me back within an hour of me leaving a message and came out the same day to have a look and to start making plans. Over the next short while, Scott arranged the ESA inspection, permit, and Veridian to come and do the disconnect. Once the plan was set, Scott came early in the morning and had the entire job done before 4pm. He is very friendly, courteous and professional. If you want an electrical job done properly, safely and professionally, call Scott!

Thanks for posting, Todd.
Your first phone call captured my interest, as there was a potentially dangerous, and inconvenient situation looming. It was a pleasure to do the work for you, and I am hoping that you will never have to worry about that again!

Monica from Whitby
Monica from Whitby
4 reviews Whitby, ON

Laundry room exhaust fan

After moving into my house recently I noticed the exhaust fan in my laundry room that was not working. Scott came out on a Sunday and figured out what the issue was (the builder had not hooked the wiring up to the switch) and got it up and running in no time. Communication with Scott was great - he indicated he would call me an hour before the appointment (which he did) and he showed up on time. My experience with Gord's Electric was a positive one and I would highly recommend the company.

Thanks for posting, Monica. It was a pleasure to do the work for you. The job was simple, and did go very smoothly.

BP from Oshawa
BP from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Several electrical issues resolved

Scott from Gord’s Electric solved several electrical issues around my house. He installed a stove receptacle and plug-in cord to replace the old hard-wire stove connection. He also installed a receptacle for my garage door opener, and got rid of the “illegal” extension cord that was always getting in the way. Several outdoor GFCIs were installed, and a 3-way switching issue corrected. A dedicated circuit & outdoor GFCI was installed for the sump pump, and a freeze protection cable installed in the sump drain line, which solved freezing issues that I had been putting up with up with for years.

Scott arrived when he said he would, completed the work on schedule, did neat work, and cleaned up when he was finished. Electrical inspection was passed with no issues.

I will use Scott again for any other work, and would recommend Scott to anyone who wanted quality electrical work done neatly, on time and on budget.

Barbara P

Hi Barbara
It was a pleasure to do the work for you. I'm sure things are much safer, and more convenient for you now. The "Heatline" freeze protection system was very interesting to work with, and has proven to work very well.

Bri from Whitby
Bri from Whitby

Tear Out

I hired Scott to do a tear out of wiring (indoor and outdoor). He did a very thorough job and paid great attention to detail. He is very knowledgeable, and pointed out/fixed errors the previous homeowners made in their electrical work. Prices are reasonable and job was completed well within my desired timeline. Would definitely hire Scott for future jobs!

Hi Bri
Thank you for posting. It was my pleasure to work for you. Call anytime you need work done!

Justin
Justin
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Fix Outdoor GFCI/Panel work

Scott did a wonderful job on the things I needed done around the house. Came on time and quickly pulled the wire and fixed my outdoor outlets. Great Job Scott!

Thanks, Justin. I'm glad that you were pleased with the work.
I very much enjoyed doing the job.

ana from Vaughan
ana from Vaughan
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Blown light fixture

Gord's Electric provides great customer service and is well priced. We had a simple problem, a blown light fixture, which they took care of the following day. Our tenants were very pleased with the speedy and friendly service. If our tenants are happy then I'm happy.

Thank you for posting Ana. It was my pleasure to get your tenants looked after.

Jeff from Whitby
Jeff from Whitby

Basement & Garage

Scott McClelland (Gord's Electric) just completed a second project for me in my garage. He wired my basement reno project earlier in the year and did a fantastic job. He was very professional, did great work and completed both projects on time and on budget. I will use him anytime I have electrical needs in the future.

Thanks, Jeff for choosing me to do the 2 projects. Good planning and communication made things run very smoothly.

John Fernandes from Whitby
John Fernandes from Whitby

Kitchen Renovation

Scott McClelland (Gord's Electric) recently installed six new potlights, two flush LED spot lights, five under-cabinet puck lights, and a dedicated microwave range circuit in connection with our condo kitchen renovation. Scott was meticulous in his work; satisfactorily addressed any issues that arose during the installation; and passed the rough-in ESA inspection without a hitch. He was fair and reasonable in his pricing and I would recommend him to anyone requiring a qualified electrician for projects of this sort

Thanks, John for choosing me to do the project. I think that we fared very well as the plans changed to meet the retrofit "surprises". I'm glad that the 6 of us were able to create a kitchen space that by far outshines the kitchen that we started with.

Ray Whitefield from Whitby
Ray Whitefield from Whitby

Electrical updating

We required installation of a ceiling fan as well as light fixtures in rooms where no central light fixture was present. We also required some other updating and maintenance. Scot was here when he promised, did the job in a very thorough and safety conscious manner. We are very pleased with the work done, and would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Thank you for posting, Ray. It was my pleasure to do the upgrades for you. And thanks for your help with that fan!

Ron Lyons from Whitby
Ron Lyons from Whitby

Kitchen Reno. Lighting

Scott worked on installing LED lighting, under counter outlets, and rearranged dinette light and phone line. His price was fair, he a arrived on time each day he was on site and he took the time to answer any questions we had.

Thank for posting, Ron. It was my pleasure to have assisted you in doing a remarkable kitchen renovation.

More about Gord's Electric

Gords Electric
Licensed Electrical Contractor
Master Electrician

Electricians, Lighting, and Electrical Vehicle Charging
Providing solutions for all your electrical needs, including: Installation and maintenance of electrical service equipment, panel upgrades, lighting, general inspection defect corrections, home renovations, heating, fans, surge arrestors, knob & tube wiring removal, load calculations, renovations to any part of your home or property, re-wiring, aluminum wiring repairs/terminations.
Leviton, Hubbell, Intermatic, Arlington, Iberville, DALs, Lotus, Sensorswitch.
Panel and service upgrades. Knob & tube removal, Aluminum wire termination, Kitchens, Basements, Lighting installations, Troubleshooting.
2010
Cheque, E-Mail Transfer, Cash.
Licensed Electrical Contractor, Master Electrician, Construction/Maintenance 309A, Industrial Electr
Electrical Safety Authority, Ontario College of Trades.
Electrical Technician.