The Roof Whisperer

Reviews for The Roof Whisperer

Roger in Toronto
Roger in Toronto

Roof reshingling

The Roof Whisperer agreed to reshingle the roof of our residence. A two-man crew began in Mid-November and worked for a month before winter weather stopped the work.
In early March with warmer weather leaks appeared in the ceilings below the roofs. We emailed The Roof Whisperer several times about the leaks but received no response except a promise to attend. No one from The Roof Whisperer showed up. We terminated the agreement. Our new contractor found that the leaks came from either a failure to properly seal the partially completed work for the winter or from substandard work. Some of the deficiencies were likely to cause additional leaks in the future. Among the deficiencies were: failure to install back pans and counter-flashing on chimneys; incomplete caulking of flashing on second floor roof; shingles on dormer structures installed after and over the shingles on main roof slopes; new flashing improperly cut and less than standard vertical height; new cover from plumbing stack too large and unsealed; in places on main roof slopes shingles spaced further apart than manufacturer requires. These deficiencies were the work of the crew but no one from The Roof Whisperer attended to inspect the work of the crew during the installation or the shutdown for the winter. We have emailed The Roof Whisperer with these details of this mess but we have had no response.

Hi Roger,
We worked on your property every time the weather allowed us to work and be safe. We were pushed to do the job during winter, which comes with challenges. I should have said no even though I did warn regarding conditions. Then Covid hit! The whole country was under lockdown. At least two of our employees, including my family, were infected with it. Tough times required some compassion when the entire country was disoriented. I got back to work in mid-April. I sent guys to resume work, but you refused to have them finish the job and only have paid for a portion of the job so far. Deficiencies you mention (which are not) are part of the work that was not finished. Metalwork gets installed at the end of the job. You did not allow us to finish it. We sincerely apologize that our service was not satisfactory for you.

Vance from Toronto, Ontario
Vance from Toronto, Ontario

Excellent Work That Has Stood The Test Of Time

Ilir and his crew from The Roof Whispers did an excellent job on our home. We live in a semi-detached home on the east side of Toronto. We had some roof work done previously, by another company, but in less than 10 years it was leaking.
The Roof Whispers gave us an accurate and reasonable bid. They did a small flat roof at the back of our house, installed new high-quality shingles on our sloping roof at the front of the house, and installed new eavestroughs. Excellent work on all parts of the job. The finish on the flat roof was partially impressive. (work done in Oct 2013)

Skylight Installation

They did a great job, on time and very cleanly. This included the purchase and installation of skylight/shade and purchase and installation of new roofing on the front table roof of the house.

It did NOT include the inside finishing once the skylight was installed. The person recommended was going to charge 750 plus tax to do that. I had my brother help me instead and we managed it in one morning including painting. Our total costs were under 60 including insulation, trim, paint.

Hi Alison,
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to work on your home. We have a hard time finding the right people to refer to when it comes to finishing the interior work on skylights as it is not our core business. However, we are glad your brother helped you with that.

Steve in York
Steve in York

Installation of Sky Light

Arthur and his team were a treat to work with. The name of his company says it all. From the moment he came to inspect the home to evaluate the work needed all the way towards the end of the installation, we had a terrific feeling we made the right choice. He is honest, forthcoming and incredibly resourceful and carries with him a team that reflects his objective of quality work and amazing customer experience.
It goes without saying that the sky light in our kitchen has changed the room for the better and can't imagine the room without it.
Surely would we recommend the Roof Whisperer for your next project!

Hi Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. Tom, Elton and Michael worked hard that day to beat the cold weather and snow in the forecast. The new skylight looks fantastic!! It was the best decision to add the skylight above your newly renovated kitchen.

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto

Sloped roof replacement, excellent work and price.

Arthur came out to look at my leaking roof the next day after I called and gave me a very reasonable quote on the spot. The work was completed the following week as promised and with the proper materials that were missing before, like ice and water shield and edge flashing. Completely happy with the job and I would highly recommend.

Thank you, Mike. I can stress enough the importance of installing a proper roof system. It will protect your home for many decades and the environment by reducing waste.
I appreciate your review. Once again, thanks for trusting our business.

Rob from Toronto
Rob from Toronto

Installed a flat roof

We had Arthur redo a flat roof using a type of material called flexstone which we love. There was an issue with it and they stood by their warranty and had it fixed.

Thank you! Your positive feedback is much appreciated, Rob. The Roof Whisperer professional team will always make sure they comply with our valued customer's expectations. Once again, thank you for trusting our roofing company with your home services.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

Roof repair - repeat customer

Arthur first did a tune up on my new roof in 2012 and came back this year when I called him to diagnose a new issue. He was the only provider to find the issue and fixed it without much wait or fuss. I will use the Roof Whisperer any time a need comes up.

Thank you, David, for leaving us positive feedback about our services. The Roof Whisperer will send a professional service expert to assess your situation and temporarily fix the problem anytime you need emergency roof repair services. We are happy that we met your expectations about the roof repair on your property. We are looking forward to serving you in the future.

Boyan in Thornhill
Boyan in Thornhill

Roof shingles replacement on the house and the garage, Skylight Installation

Arthur and the entire crew have been a pleasure to work with. They replaced my roof shingles on time and on budget 5 years ago. They also professionally installed 4x4 ft and 2x4 ft Velux skylights. Since then, Arthur replaced roofs in 60% of the houses on my street, a testament as to how my neighbors rated his work. I had my garage roof replaced couple of months ago, again excellent work and service. I recommend Arthur and The Roof Whisperer without reservation.

On behalf of our team, thanks so much, Boyan, for this positive review. It means a lot to us. The Roof Whisperer professional roof repair team is glad to have been able to help you achieve your desired results on your roof shingles replacement and Skylight Installation. We look forward to providing you with our services shortly.

Speedy service, great communication!

One side of fascia fell off due to strong wind. Called couple companies but no reply. One actually said that they will show up in a week but kept holding me off. Arthur replied me the same day with quote and detailed explanation of repair. He kept me posted of the exact time and date they will arrive. Despite the fact that it was busy season and such a small repair job, I was able to have my roof repaired in a week. Very appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The Roof Whisperer takes this kind of emergency seriously as we understand how frustrating it can be to deal with a roof issuer. We are glad to have provided you with the professional and dependable service every homeowner deserves. Thank you for choosing The Roof Whisperer with your fascia roof repair.

JJ
JJ

New Roof

Quotation was very clear and detailed. Gave links to all materials that were proposed. Workers were very polite and professional. Very neat and cleaned up well after the project was completed. We were pleased with the workmanship and materials used.

Hi JJ,
Thank you for your feedback and the review. It is essential to know what is being installed on your roof. Being informed is the key to making good decisions. Installing long-lasting products is what I preach every day, protecting your home and the environment. Thanks again.

More about The Roof Whisperer

As a professional Toronto Roofing Contractor we offer our customers our dedication and experience in this competitive field. At The Roof Whisperer we are constantly keeping up with the newest and up to date technological advancements within ever changing construction industry, which allows us to offer our customers a wide ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Grimsby?