Ideal Stairs

Floor Laying & Refinishing
141 Nugget Avenue Toronto ON M1S 3B1

Reviews for Ideal Stairs

Renovate Existing Staircase and Railings

WOW!!! The first word that comes to mind with this company. I was stuck in a really bad situation, with a horrible contractor. One of many things he did wrong was to take apart my stairs, sand them, NOT cover them, and let workers walk on them with wet shoes. I found Ideal Stairs through Home Stars and read their reviews and others. I was afraid to count on anyone, anymore. Raj and Mesh, came to the rescue! I sent them some pictures, Raj came to see the job. They had someone in the very next day, and everyday thereafter. Raj was in regular contact with me (daily). Their team, are very hard workers, and amazing to work with. They did a beautiful job on resanding my stairs, creating templates for curve balcony and handrail, and then finishing the stairs with stain and beautiful pickets. It took them over a week, and it was so well worth it. If you ever hire anyone to do your stair work, these are the guys to hire! I'd give them 10 Stars if I could. Thank you very much Raj, Mesh and Team.

Hello, thank you so much for your review and recommendation! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so glad you found our company and thank you for trusting our team to come save the day! You can rest assure our team will always be very respectful and ensure the work space is nice and tidy at the end of each work day, as this is how we'd want others to treat our home. One behalf of Raj, Mesh and the Ideal Stairs team, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your stair project, and we hope you continue to enjoy your beautiful new stairs and railings. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Wendy
Wendy
1 review Hamilton, ON

Incredible Transformation

I contacted Ideal Stairs based on reviews from the community. My request was to transform the stairs and flooring in my new house (prior to moving in). This was a really big job as all hardwood needed to be removed, stairs squared off and ceramic tiles to be removed. All of this to be done on a very short timeline and over the holidays. Raj and Mesh and their team was amazing. The crew came in and did the job quickly and on time even with other contractors doing work on other parts of the house. Raj and Mesh walked us through every day what the crew was doing and when they would be there. They were very responsive to my calls and questions. The difference is amazing and they really captured my vision. The quality of work and attention to detail is incredible. I'm so happy with the outcome and so glad that I went with Ideal Stairs.

Hello Wendy, thank you for your review! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with our team, and we were able to bring your design to light in a short period of time. We hope you continue to admire your beautiful new stairs and flooring for many more years. On behalf of Raj, Mesh and the Ideal Stairs team, we would like to thank you for choosing us to be a part of your project. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

KylaE123
KylaE123

So Happy With Our Railings

We are so happy with our new railings completed by Ideal Stairs. We contacted them after finding the company on HomeStars and they lived up to their ratings. Mesh was responsive to my quote request right away, and from just a virtual consultation he was able to reassure me that the company knew what they were doing by the suggestions he made based on pictures alone. He was able to suggest different options to stay within our budget as well. Raj came to view the project in person a few weeks later, and then we were able to get the work booked very soon after. We had 3 sets of railings replaced in our townhouse so they are all now consistent and up to code (which was very important to Mesh, something I didn't sense from other companies). He listened to our concerns and desires and then made it come to life. Either Raj or Mesh checked in with us every day that their guys were working on the railings (5 days total) and the only hiccup in communication was when they were staining the railings/posts but we had to ask for a picture of the staining job as we weren't there to see it. Otherwise, everything was done while checking in with us. The guys also cleaned up well each day when they were done work, not leaving dust or tools everywhere and throughout the house. They were also flexible on payment as we went through the project as the bank would only allow a certain amount of money to be transferred each day. After the project was finished, Raj called to ensure we were happy with the work once again. Would definitely recommend Ideal Stairs and their excellent work.

Hi Kyla, thank you for your review! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so excited to hear you had an excellent experience with our team from inception to execution. We truly understand the importance of regular updates on the progress of the project so everything can be seamless and stress-free, and we're very happy you noticed this from our team. On behalf of Mesh, Raj and the Ideal Stairs team, we want to thank you for choosing us as your number one stair renovation company, and we hope you enjoy your lovely new railings. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Harvie Dennis in Mississauga
Harvie Dennis in Mississauga

Ideal Stairs

We ere very happy with the work completed by Ideal Staircase. Mesh or Raj spoke to us every day to ensure everything was going well. The workers were excellent and knew what they were doing, and they swept up and vacuumed every day before they left. They redid 5 different staircases (31 steps in total) That included railings, balusters, treads and risers. They did an excellent job installing hardwood floors in 2 rooms. They were also able to make some design changes we requested along the way. We are very happy with Ideal Stairs and would recommend them.

Thank you Harvie Dennis for you feedback and recommendation. Your review is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so glad to hear you had a really great experience with our team. On behalf of Mesh, Rajan and the Ideal Stairs team, we would like to thank you for selecting us to be a part of your renovation project. We hope you continue to enjoy your lovely new stairs and flooring for many years. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who are looking to have work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Romaine
Romaine
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Staircase renovation

From start to finish this was a great experience.
I emailed information about what I was looking for to at least 5 companies and quickly received a comprehensive quote back from Ideal Stairs.
Any discussions with Mesh or Rajah regarding changes were handled quickly and professionally.
The work team was very professional, unobtrusive, worked quickly, cleanly, thoroughly and consulted me about any questions.
We had a few older home surprises and the work team, supported by Mesh and Raj, went above and beyond to resolve it, saved me from a higher than expected cost and the final product is beautiful.
These changes meant quote amendments and it were all extremely reasonable. We went from our original plan of redoing a staircase, railing and upper landing to including a bedroom.
I would contract this company anytime and refer them without hesitation.

Hi Romaine, thanks for your feedback and recommendation! Your review is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so happy to hear you had a great experience with our team from start to finish, and that any new changes were handled in a timely professional manner. We're always here to ensure our customers needs are met and are happy with the final results. On behalf of Mesh, Rajan and the Ideal Stairs team, we would like to thank you for choosing us to be a part of your stair renovation project. We hope you continue to enjoy your beautiful new stairs for many years. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who are looking to have work completed for their stairs and or floors.

mparisi
mparisi
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Staircase Renovation and hardwood flooring hallway

Work completed: Redo staircase, railings and put hardwood in upper hallway.
We are very pleased with the stair renovation completed by Ideal Stairs. Mesh and Roger communicated with us daily. The Ideal Stairs crew (Sam and work team) were polite and courteous. They worked extremely hard and paid attention to detail. They were very neat and cleaned up every day. The whole process, from initial inquiry to showroom visit to the quotation was handled in a very professional manner. I highly recommend Ideal Stairs for your staircase renovations.

Thank you for your review! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations from start to finish. On behalf of Ideal Stairs, we would like to thank you for choosing us to be a part of your stair renovation project, and we hope you continue to enjoy your new stairs. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Deborah
Deborah
0 reviews Ajax, ON

Beautiful new Staircase

I could not be any happier about selecting Ideal Stairs to update my main staircase. From a customer service perspective, they are responsive, friendly, and accommodating. They are extremely hard-working and their quality of workmanship and attention to detail is excellent. The entire experience far exceeded my expectations.

My new staircase is absolutely stuning! I highly recommend this team!

Thank you Deborah for your review! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations from start to finish. On behalf of Ideal Stairs, we would like to thank you for choosing us to be a part of your stair renovation project, and we hope you continue to enjoy your new stairs. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Tuk in Brampton
Tuk in Brampton

New Stair Case

These guys are amazing not only did the job get done on time and to my wifes standards with other construction happening they also came back to re stain the stairs after the other contractors messed them up. They have high standards of themselves and will.not leave the job until.its up to their standards. Lets say I was ok with the job after the other contractors messed up but tbey werent so they came back and restained.

Hi Tuk, Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so glad to hear you had a good experience with our team from start to finish, and you're very happy with the final results of your new stairs. On behalf of the Ideal Stairs team, we would like to thank you for selecting us to be a part of your stair project. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Monica
Monica
0 reviews Ajax, ON

Outstanding service an quality of work

We could not be more pleased and happy with the work done by Ideal Stairs.

We found Ideal Stairs online, and we were impressed by the number of videos we could watch on their site. We needed to have the carpet removed from the second floor (1200sqft) and the two staircases, install the hardwood and remake the stairs with brand new steps, risers, and spindles.

It was such a pleasure to work with Mesh and Raj.

I could not believe how responsive Mesh was, from the moment we sent him the pictures with the stairs until we signed the contract. He had such patience in answering a million questions, allowing us to go back and forth on our decisions and reassuring us that we will stay on schedule! He also gave us hardwood samples to take home and see what will match best.

When the job started, Rajan visited us every day to make sure that we were happy with the work done. How could we not be? Such a hard-working crew! They made sure that they always cleaned at the end of each day and they were very respectful and quiet.

Rajan's professionalism and project management skills are outstanding.

He made everything look so easy, which made us feel relaxed and comfortable with the project.

Hi Monica, thank you for your review! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We are super excited to hear you had a great experience with our team from start to finish, and we were able to answer all your questions to make the decision process as easy as possible. Mesh and Raj are definitely top notch professionals in this industry, and they understand the importance of excellent communication to make the entire renovation experience as seamless and stress free. On behalf of Mesh, Raj and the Ideal Stairs team, we hope you continue to enjoy your new stairs and flooring for many years to follow and we want to thank you for choosing us to be a part of your renovation project. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

SHAWN N,
SHAWN N,
0 reviews Aurora, ON

Stairs remodel

I did a major renovation on my house with new hardwood floors. I knew I wanted to get rid of my old carpeted stairs and railings.
I chose Ideal Stairs from the reviews on this site.
Mesh was easy to deal with explained the process and timelines and the crew onsite did a great job each day. Always answered my questions and left my house clean every time.
I am very happy with results and would recommend Ideal stairs to anyone.

Shawn, thank you for your review and recommendation. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so glad to hear you had a good experience with our team from start to finish, and you're very happy with the final results of your new stairs. On behalf of Mesh and the Ideal Stairs team, we would like to thank you for selecting us to be a part of your stair project. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

More about Ideal Stairs

COVID-19 Update: We open for business and available for phone calls, emails and virtual meetings as well. We're also taking all health and safety percautions for our employees and homeowners that we're in contact with. Contact us today to discuss things further. Be safe and take care.

****

Ideal Stairs is your #1 choice for renovating staircases. Our company has been in the staircase renovation business since 2001. We serve Toronto, Greater Toronto and surrounding areas. With our expertise, we consider ourselves to be fine woodworkers, working daily with Red Oak wood – 100% Canadian content sourced from Quebec. We buy the raw materials and when possible, manufacture our own components, allowing us to pass along the savings to our consumers.

****

Are you interested in Jatoba and Walnut stairs? We also have great knowledge and experience working with these types of wood, and other exotic woods. With our custom manufacturing facility and skilled installation crews, your carpeted stairs can be transformed in about 3-5 days. We also install flooring and by coordinating this with the staircase renovation, the time and disruption in your home can be minimized. Ideal Stairs can help make your staircase the showpiece of your home.

Floor Laying & Refinishing, Stair Builders, and Railings
[.::STAIRCASES::.] Our core business is fine woodworking. We custom manufacture all elements related to the staircase industry. We make posts, treads (steps), balustrades (spindles or pickets), handrails as well as entire staircases made only from red oak. Combining the custom manufacturing facility along with skilled installation crews allow us to renovate your staircase in approximately 3-5 days. Visit our website www.idealstairs.ca to view our Testimonials, and listen to very satisfied clients who have generously allowed us to record their successful renovation in their own words. [.::FLOORING - HARDWOOD AND LAMINATE::.] Staircase renovation is not our only product. We believe we are the only staircase manufacturer that will renovate your staircase AND install hardwood flooring. We want to minimize the time and disruption in your home by coordinating these two products. We are dealers for many brands of hardwood and laminate flooring but our proudest boast is we have hardwood flooring that is 25% and 100% Canadian content. We offer custom colours on your hardwood flooring (over 750 square feet) for Red Oak and Maple. We value our premium service by supplying and ensuring the colour you choose for your flooring is also used on the renovated staircase. [.::SANDING AND STAINING::.] If you already have a solid oak staircase but you want it changed to a different colour, we also provide sanding and re-staining services. We can transform your builder staircase into a dream staircase easily within your budget. While you are considering changing the colour of your staircase, this is an excellent time to change the appearance. Since we will be taking off the handrail, pickets and posts to sand and stain your steps, take the opportunity to install another post style, such as square, remodel your existing pickets and changing the look from old to new. For the record
Ideal Stairs offer excellent and professional service in new stair construction, sanding, custom staining and renovating your existing hardwood staircase (oak or maple) right in your home. If you currently have carpeted stairs, we can help transform your staircase to solid oak treads. We can change your posts, add new pickets and match the material to an existing colour in your house. Within 3 days, your central foyer is transformed from great to amazing. Our service is not only limited to stairs. We can also sand and offer custom staining and refinishing of hardwood flooring. Flooring installation including oak and maple hardwood, laminate and engineered. Visit our website www.idealstairs.ca for more information.
Custom, Contemporary, Modern, Traditional