Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

Jeff Bennett from Toronto
Jeff Bennett from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Driveway & Front Walk

We were very pleased with the work Rod and his team did. He gave great ideas on how to disign the front of our house and kept costs under control. Rod and his team began work promptly and they job was done very efficently.

Emily from North York
Emily from North York
1 review North York, ON

Backyard interlocking

These guys are very efficient and experienced. I used the idea Rod suggested to set the pattern; it's simple and nice. Hamid is also very helpful by taking me to the shop to select the bricks. I like the new look of the extended terrace. Apex guys also help us to remove the dead trees from our backyard which we appreciate it a lot......

Sarah Logan from North York
Sarah Logan from North York
1 review North York, ON

Interlocking

I would recommend this interlocking company to any of my friends and family! When I moved into my house our interlocking at the front and the side of our house was completely sinking. I was also getting water into my basement because the previous company I used didn't do their job properly. I called Apex and was pleased with the friendly treatment I received from the employees and also that they were willing to negotiate a price that worked for both them and myself. I would definitely use Apex again for any of my interlocking!

Homeowner in GTA
Homeowner in GTA

New patio, fix interlocking driveway

We hired Apex Interlocking and Construction Ltd for our new patio, as well as to fix the interlocking stone on our driveway - remove weeds, replace broken stones, repair uneven spots and cover with polymeric sand.

I wouldn't recommend these guys to anyone. Dealing with them was a nightmare from start to finish.

The contract missed a variety of items we'd initially discussed when they gave their estimate and these guys attempted to cut corners at every opportunity. We had to argue with them almost every day just to get them to do what we had asked for. With some things, they pretended we never discussed them and we constantly had to lean hard on them to do things properly. Their attitude was simply that we were being difficult and/or didn't know what we were talking about.

I should also mention that they said they would start on a certain day, but didn't show up until almost a week later. They initially told us the job would take them 4-5 days, but counting the time it took them to show up, it wound up taking them almost 3 weeks to complete.

Patio stones didn't arrive until a week after they started. When they delivered them, they DUMPED the entire load onto our driveway, shattering many of them in the process and damaging many more. Again, this was treated like no big deal - they even attempted to use some of the damaged stones on the patio. They only replaced them after we brought it up and asked for them to be removed. Even then, they insisted that we wouldn't notice the chipped stones once the sand had been added.

As for the job itself? After all the trouble it took to get it done properly, the patio looks pretty good. The driveway, however, is a different story. Weeds started growing back everywhere within weeks, and a "repaired" corner of our driveway has begun to collapse after a couple of heavy rainstorms - the gravel base, apparently inadequately reinforced, has washed out from under the stones. We're now trying to contact them to fix it but so far we're getting the runaround - this despite written and verbal mention of a "1-year guarantee". At this point, they are screening our calls and haven't seen or heard from Rod since the beginning of September.

Not sure what to do if they continue to ignore our calls - and what our next move might be if they won't co-operate - but this much is clear: DO NOT hire these guys. They're cheap, but they do shoddy work and are totally unreliable in every way imaginable. They attempt to wriggle their way out of doing the job properly and cause even more hassle if you call them on it.

You really do get what you pay for if you go with Apex. We've definitely learned our lesson!

What could this company do to improve their services?
Close up shop and never do this line of work again.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Don't just go with the cheapest estimate. Do your homework! Find out whatever you can about the contractor before you decide to hire them! If no one you know has heard of them, look for online reviews, whether from Homestars or elsewhere. Had we done just a little bit of a background check on Apex, we never would have gone with them.

More about Apex Interlocking And Construction Ltd

LEADERS IN RESIDENTIAL INTERLOCKING 1. What kind of services do you provide? We provide many different services at Apex, such as; interlocking (new and repair), flagstone installation, natural stone installation and landscape design. 2. Do we need to stay home during the process? It is not necessary to remain at ...
Looking for Interlocking Stone pros in Toronto?