Will Construct By Design

Reviews for Will Construct By Design

RICHARD
RICHARD

***** GARAGE FAIL *****

When Scott first visited my garage, he urged me to accept his renovation proposal, otherwise "you're 30 to 40 grand into it. Why? Why pay so much?" Subsequently, I received a written quote from him for $24,968.50 + HST. Based on his proposed design, he asked for and I gave him a deposit of $3,320.50 to begin.
While I had not asked for any changes to the original design, Nabeel the Professional Engineer, who had also visited the site, created 3 sets of drawings in total for this project.
On the day I was to sign for the building permit, Scott said that he had to change the design in order to meet the Building Code. He left a second quote with me.
This second quote was so confusing that I had to look into it and calculate the final price myself. It said that the "Costing" was $42,267.70 + HST, by my calculation totalling $47,762.50. But when I totalled the payments listed on the quote, again by myself, the total came to $49,853.00.
I believe that this was done deliberately to try to cover up that ***** THE PRICE HAD EFFECTIVELY DOUBLED! *****
The time of construction of the project had also increased from 1.5 weeks to 4 weeks.
I told Laurie that I had lost all trust in them and I wanted my full deposit back. She only gave me part of my money back and still refuses to refund $1866.50 for drawings that do not meet the Building Code and which I cannot use.
Scott and Nabeel the Professional Engineer should have produced a design to Code from the very beginning, and Scott and Laurie should not have switched the quote to something that was not agreed on and does not fit my budget. Yet they expect me to pay for their mistakes!
My wholehearted advice to you is:
***** STAY AWAY! I COULD NOT TRUST THEM WITH MY HARD-EARNED MONEY! *****

Hello Richard

We are sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with our dealings. We pride ourselves on being open and honest with everyone we work with.

We provide the best quality and build equity into every home we work on and will continue to do so in the future.

We find it disheartening that even though Scott had visited your home on 4 occasions, there still seemed to be a misunderstanding of the process. Laurie also explained the numbers on the contract to you on several occasions.

We suggested a repair of your garage to help preserve your memory of your Father's build as well as lowering the expense of a complete new build, which would have been a much larger investment. Not to mention unnecessary materials going to the landfill.

You signed and paid for the drawings to be done by the Engineer. We have provided you with hard and electronic copies of the drawing to proceed with other quotes and to apply for your permit. We have filled out all the forms on your behalf for the City so it will be just a matter for you to file electronically.

We have refunded you the permit cost and the deposit on the build. The only funds that were processed were to have the drawings prepared as you requested by the Engineer and are in your possession.

Once again, we are sorry that you were not satisfied with the outcome as we take pride in our work as well as building trusting relationships in all aspects of our lives, business and personal. I believe anyone reading this will see by reviewing our other positive reviews and acknowledgements for being awarded 3 years in a row the 'Best Of' award.

We wish you all the best with your project.

Amanda
Amanda
10 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Deck

I can’t say enough good things about our experience with Will Construct by Design. From beginning to end, the process was seamless and surprisingly enjoyable. Scott provided us with a competitively priced quote and worked with us to customize the deck to our liking. Laurie, Scott, and Jay were a pleasure to work with - they were professional, fun, and are genuinely good people. Scott & Jay's workmanship was top-notch; they put so much care into little details that made the overall look of the deck beautiful. I would 100% recommend them for reno projects; we will definitely be calling them again! Thank you guys for giving us a lovely outdoor space to enjoy.

Hello Amanda

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was certainly a pleasure working with you and your family. We are very pleased you like the deck and hope next summer will give you many happy memories with family and friends.

All the Best

rio L in Brampton
rio L in Brampton

Backyard Deck

They removed our old deck and built a two level deck. The craftsmanship of our deck is excellent. The crew paid attention to detail and it showed in their work. They worked very clean and left the site tidy at the end of each day. Everybody we had contact with was professional and pleasant to speak with by email, phone, and in person. We would not hesitate to recommend to others and would consider them again for our future home renovations.

Hello Rio

It was a pleasure working with you. I know your children are using it as a fort now. LOL They sure will be disappointed when you get the furniture on it! So glad you are happy. That is what it is all about.

Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team

Helen in Toronto
Helen in Toronto
2 reviews Rosemont, ON

Deck

I would highly recommend Will Construct by Design. The owner worked with me to build a deck within my budget and completed the work on time. There was no hidden cost attached to the contract.
The craftsman ship is superior. The staff is professional, respectful and willing to go the extra mile for the customer. When they left all construction garbage was removed and the work area was left clean.
A very good experience !

Helen, we very much enjoyed working with you. Even with a bit of a delay due to lumber shortages you were patient and understanding. Thank you for giving us this very nice review. We hope you enjoy many lovely days on your new deck.

Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team

sorin.alex.ilie in Aurora
sorin.alex.ilie in Aurora
0 reviews Aurora, ON

Detached 2 cars garage renovation project

We used Will Construct by Design as advisors for our detached 2 cars garage renovation project as we felt happy and comfortable working with Scott and Laurie.
Scott is an exceptional professional and only because of his experience, expertise and professionalism, we technically ended up saving over $60,000. He was the only one knowing and suggesting upfront to claim the garage remediation and construction expenses to the Title Insurance Policy, as the garage being built without foundation and without building permit. He advised us how to proceed end to end.
Scott and Laurie are very professional, friendly, reliable, knowledgeable and customer oriented and we highly recommend them. For our next project will use their expertise and work with them, again.
We are in huge dept to Scott and Laurie and forever grateful.
Thank you!

We were more than happy to advise you in the correct way. So glad you saved $60,000.00+. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Scott and Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team

Complete re-build of a deck

Project required removal of existing deck surface while keeping the under structure, then re-surfacing deck with a small increase in dimensions.

The under structure was in rough shape and required extensive strengthening. All the supporting beams were doubled up, as were all the support posts. The result was a very solid foundation (40 inches above ground). The deck was then re-surfaced plus pickets, plus railings, plus new stairs, plus built-in bench at one corner.

The construction team was absolutely top-notch. They completed every step with meticulous care and obvious expertise. Neat and professional at all times. Friendly, cheerful attitude, especially when discussing minor revisions during construction.

Very much appreciate your wonderful review. It was a pleasure redoing your deck. May you have many happy memories next summer on it.

Truly,

Aly from North York
Aly from North York
1 review North York, ON

Garage Extension and other work

Scott and Laurie were amazing to work with. We are relatively new homeowners and they helped guide us through a major renovation process. We interviewed several companies and decided we would work with Scott and Laurie for our garage extension. We ended up putting our project on hold and they didn’t hold this against us. They continued to support us for years when we had renovation ideas or questions, and they helped save us some money in the process by recommending more cost effective ways to meet our needs. When we were thinking of buying a new home instead of renovating, Scott came to look at a couple of houses with us to provide his feedback on what we should expect should we buy and renovate. They are honest, kind, and patient and I have no doubt that we will be reaching out to them again for our next project.

Hello Aly
Thank you so much for giving us this review. We enjoyed all our interactions with you and hearing about your growing family. All the best and do please call in the future if we maybe of assistance. All the best.

Michael in Scarborough
Michael in Scarborough

New Deck

Needed my deck rebuild. Construct by design completed the job 100%.The work was done on time and the quality of the work is 10 out of 10........ The crew did a great job

Thank you Michael for the review. Our team really enjoyed working at your home. You made them feel very welcome. So happy you are pleased with the outcome. All the best to you and your family.

Ketan a.
Ketan a.

Full home renovation

Scott and Laurie were great to work with, and we're so pleased with our beautiful new home! It was a big project that involved a lot of moving parts, and Scott, Laurie, and their team were friendly and professional.

It was a big project but we all enjoyed working with you both and your parents. It makes us very happy to know that you are enjoying your 'new' home and we wish you many years of health and great memories there.
All the best and thank you for giving us this review!

Jason
Jason

Load bearing wall removal

I had 2 beams installed to remove a load bearing wall. The work was done very quickly with amazing results. The general knowledge and experience of the team was unsurpassed. Everything was cleaned up very well after the project too. Great job and the price was very reasonable.

Hello Jason
Thank you very much for taking time to give us this very nice review. We wish you all the best in your new home.

More about Will Construct By Design

Will Construct by Design has assembled a wonderful team of qualified and skilled professionals to bring more equity to your home. We aim for the highest degree of workmanship and integrity.

Our commitment to you is to start your home project and finish it with no delays. Communicating with you every step of the way. Our quote to you will not change unless the Scope of Work is changed in progress.
We follow the Tarion warranty guidelines.

Additions