AGM Renovations

Best of Award '22 winner 2 timesBest of Award '22winner 2 times

Reviews for AGM Renovations

0 reviews Orangeville, ON

Basement

Hired AGM for basement renovations.

We hired AGM over other companies because of the Warranty.

When we called AGM they said to summit online. When we summit online they want us to pay a deposit.

When I called to ask about why I have to pay a deposit. I dont get a responds.

Even though out the process of our basement renovations, AGM lacked the ability to communicate when issues occurred.

Alicia in London
Alicia in London
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Primary Bathroom - Warranty Claim

After AGM completed our bathroom in 2021, our 60 month warranty period started. Chris Hewie has been our Project Manager for warranty claims and we are so happy to have had him as our point of contact. After submitting our claim in July, we started the repair work in August. It took 3 visits to fix the issue, however, Chris coordinated the work along the way around our schedule. He even came on site to inspect the issue himself. We appreciate Chris for his dedication to address our concerns and warranty claim. Thanks, Chris! 5/5 for Chris!

Dear Alicia,
We're delighted to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Basement

project manager Habib was very helpful. He listened to our concerns and calmly addressed the issues. He also made some recommendations which we incorporated. There were some initial delays due to obtaining the permit but it went fairly smoothly after that. The place looks great and we are looking forward to enjoying the basement. Thanks to Habib and the team.

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

K.Maxwell
K.Maxwell
0 reviews Mono, ON

Kitchen Renovation

DO NOT hire AGM Renovations! We had a kitchen project that took over 5 months to complete. We were without a working sink and cooking area for a family of five ... for 5 months! Their quality of work is sub-standard, the contractor assigned to the job has little knowledge of construction and sub-hires out the job to unknown individuals. AGM assures you there will be a project manager and a general contractor when they sign the contract with you. We never saw the project manager on site, nor spoke with them. The general contractor left the country for two months. You are expected to be home at all times as they send the sub-contractors with no notice to your home on random days of the week to do work. You never know when or who is coming into your home! The entire project was mismanaged, the work site was left dirty and unsafe with construction materials thrown outside on our porch for over 3 months. The Kitchen Renovations Manager finally, after 5 months, creates a plan to finish the project, offers compensation for the delays, and then the Operations Manager steps in and says their manager was not authorized to offer compensation. AGM does not stand by their work, offers sub-par materials, is extremely unorganized, and only wants your money. They do not make it right when problems occur and I suspect if Mike Holmes knew of their practices, he would be ashamed to be connected with them. AGM Renovations does not deserve to hide behind Mike Holmes' stellar reputation.

709 Shaw st

Very good job on time and everything that Ive asked for

Hi,

We are grateful for your review.

George in Ingersoll
George in Ingersoll
1 review Waterloo, ON

Bathroom renovation with plumbing relocation

On the plus side, they have all their own materials and fixtures so can (and did) live up to start and completion dates. Materials are high quality. Design advice is good. There is a project manager so you have a reliable contact for resolving problems.
On the negative side, the craftmanship was not there after the main restructuring was completed. To make things look nice, I dug out the embedded debris and repaired the grouting; I repaired and completed the sloppy or missing painting; I reinstalled the toilet (they missed the pipe by two inches so it flushed onto the floor) and shower head (also leaky) correctly; I repaired most mess/damage to the surrounding areas, such as chipping away at a half inch of various adhesives/cements/grouts in the garage work area; I reattached towel holders just screwed directly into the drywall.
On the really negative side, I fixed code violations and safety issues with the electrical work on a light switch and exhaust fan such as unclamped or pinched cables; connections made open in the wooden ceiling cavity; missing or incorrect screws/bolts; wires wrapped the wrong way around the screw. Properly aligning the exhaust fan venting vastly reduced its noise as well.
For the future, I will rebuild part of the exterior of the shower so it is square and fix the sloppy baseboards. Eventually, I need to scope the plumbing to see if drainage is vented to code.
The company came back to fix a weirdly curved wall, to redo the shower base so it actually drained completely, and to unbury an electrical junction hidden inside the wall.
Probably should have been 1/2 to 2/3 of the cost given how many hours I had to put in to bring it up to a normal level such as you might see in their promotional photos. Sort of half reno, half DIY in the end.
The subcontractors who did the shower glass installation were great.

Leanna
Leanna
0 reviews Bolton, ON

Master Bath Renovation

The crew was friendly and professional. They were quick and efficient and their work was spot on! I would hire AGM again for other renovations.

Greetings Leanna,
Thank you for choosing AGM and leaving us a review.

P
P

Basement renov.

I wont recommend this company. They dont say the true from beginning to the end. They took 6 months and still didnt finished the job. They pushed me to closed this contract saying that after the warranty will kick and nothing. I called because they made a big mistake in my project and they were saying it was my fault because I bought the wrong fridge. Even though I gave them all the spec. I WONT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AT ALL.

Kitchen Renovation - AGM

Please, take my horrible experience with AGM and DONT EVER get your kitchen renovated with this company. We saw their ads on HGTV with Mike Holmes, so we thought that it might be more expensive than managing our own contractors, but convenient to get it all done through one company. They promise 30 days from start to finish what a joke! We started our project on July 4, 2022 and we STILL dont have a kitchen. This company is INCREDIBLY DISORGANIZED, and even though the sales team tells you that you will have your own general manager to oversee your project, that general manager will come once to meet you and never come back, does not answer phone calls, is assigned to at least 10 other projects at the same time as yours, and he wont have any idea what is going on with your project, or book workers to get your job complete. AGM is simply a middle man company that you pay to go into the yellow pages and book subpar contractors who are unreliable and overbooked. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of this awful company. Its a disgrace.

J in Toronto
J in Toronto

Very Disappointed

Let me start by saying AGM's sub was amazing and kept me well informed of who was coming, when they were coming, and what they were doing. He was great at checking with me whether things were satisfactory or not. Lights were installed in incorrect positions, but sub corrected that right away.

As for AGM.... our Project Manager, sent us one templated welcome email to start the project and we never ever heard from him ever again - even when the project was finished. There was absolutely NO communication with us. Because our house was built in the early 70's an asbestos tester hired by AGM took samples mid June. The sub arrived two days later to begin the demo of the bathroom. I informed him that the asbestos report had not been received and that perhaps he should wait until the testing was completed. He demoed the bathroom anyways. The asbestos report was received two weeks later showing that the bathroom had tested positive for asbestos in several places. AGM did not contact me about the report at all - I only found out because the tester sent me a copy of the report. Not once during the project did AGM ever come on site to inspect the work or progress.

The bathroom began leaking into the kitchen below it shortly after the project was completed. I contacted the bathroom sub and he is amazing - he visited within the hour, and used his camera to find the leak. The sub told us there is a faulty part, he ordered a replacement and he advised us not to use the shower until he fixed it. I did not tell AGM that I had contacted the sub as I was curious as to how AGM would handle the situation. As I never heard from our bathroom PM, I informed our kitchen PM of the bathroom leak. Their solution was to just to patch the ceiling. We are still waiting to be able to shower in our own home.

More about AGM Renovations

AGM Renovations experts provide quality basement and Bathroom Renovation services throughout the GTA and the surrounding area. See our Service Area for the complete list of towns where our renovation services are offered. We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee on our workmanship and offer competitive prices with exceptional quality.

Expect more and when you need the best; trust AGM Renovations. We guarantee that you will be completely satisfied, which means that you don't pay until you are satisfied.
Our mission is to be committed to excel in the work we do. We are committed to excel and maintain a sense of pride in our all we do!

AGM Basements, Basement finishing, Basement Renovations, Basement Reno, Finishing Basements, Basement Company, Finished Basements, Basement Expert, Finished Basements Company, Bathroom Renovations, Bathroom remodeling.

Basement Renovation, General Contractors, Bathroom Renovation, Kitchen Planning & Renovation, Floor Laying & Refinishing, and Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
AGM Renovations, Basement finishing, Basement Renovations, Basement Reno, Finishing Basements, Basement Company, Finished Basements, Basement Expert, Finished Basements Company, Bathroom Renovations
AGM Renovations offers Complete basement and Bathroom renovations packages from the professional design through the professional cleaning including: Drywall- We employ only professional drywall installers and our goal is deliver complete satisfaction to each and every client with the quality of our workmanship and our prompt, reliable service. Taping- Our drywall taping techniques will bring a high quality smooth finish, with a level of excellence you will take pride in. Painting- We include all wall priming, painting of ceilings, baseboards, casing, crown and cove moldings into our basement construction packages High Grade Laminate Flooring- is standard in our basement renovations packages. Tiling- Shower, bathroom, or kitchenette tiling will be done by professional tile installers who are employed directly by AGM. A 2 year unlimited warranty is provided to you standard when you finish your basement with AGM Plumbing- Our licensed plumbers will ensure that no problem is left unsolved and you can be sure that any drain or other plumbing defects left by the original house builder will be fixed effectively. Electrical- We are committed to providing fully licensed electrician service as part of our standard package. Should you ever require an electrical certificate when you decide to sell your property, we will be happy to provide it to you AGM Basements, Basement finishing, Basement Renovations, Basement Reno, Finishing Basements, Basement Company, Finished Basements, Basement Expert, Finished Basements Company
Traditional, Modern, Contemporary
AGM Renovations - offers complete basement and Bathroom renovations packages from professional design to professional cleaning. AGM Basements, Basement finishing, Basement Renovations, Basement Reno, Finishing Basements, Basement Company, Finished Basements, Basement Expert, Finished Basements Company
Master Business Licence, Toronto Builder's licence