Quality First Roofing

Reviews for Quality First Roofing

scsonenberg in Toronto, Ontario
scsonenberg in Toronto, Ontario

Roof Repair

We had used this company previously for a roof repair and we were very impressed with Michael and his service at that time. So when we noticed water dripping into the interior of our home we called Quality First Roofing again. They were very prompt in returning our phone call and within 6 hours Michael came and was able to repair the wind damage which had occurred in a different section of our roof. He checked the entire roof and showed us pictures of the roof before and after his work was completed. We were just as impressed this time as we were almost two years ago.

Thanks for the wonderful review! I always do what I can to help out as quickly as possible, especially when it involves a leak. If I can I'll drop what I'm doing to get a roof watertight before the next rain fall.
Happy holidays and all the best to you and your family in the new year!!

House Roof Repair

We’d like to thank Michael very much for the superb service He provided us with. Michael explained the process for the repair and put us at ease that he’d be able to fix our roof repair in a timely matter. He delivered! We received top notch service from the beginning to the end of our repair. It’s hard to find honest and talented people like Michael in our world. I can’t thank Michael and his staff enough for their kindness and support throughout this process.
We are very grateful. Best Wishes, Angie and family

Angie, that's so nice of you to say!! Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.
Congratulations on your new home. You and your husband are such nice people! I wish nothing but the best for you guys!!

Owner of an Old Home in Toronto
Owner of an Old Home in Toronto

Aptly Named: Quality First

From the beginning, it was clear that Quality First operates on a level above the others. Our flat roof was very old and had some tricky issues to work around. Michael's proposal on how to address the issues made clear his level of expertise. (We'd had other estimates, which were lower, but left open the possibility of continued issues down the road.) Michael was very clear in explaining the reasoning behind his proposal. Our roof started to give way before work was slated to begin. Michael put us on his emergency list and was able to squeeze us in between jobs. His crew was ready and waiting each morning before their start time. Everyone was very friendly. Despite all the debris, they kept the area around the house very tidy, which was much appreciated, as many small children play in the street on our block. Unsolicited, multiple neighbours commented on the crew's attention to detail. Throughout the job, Michael kept us updated and provided photos of their progress. We had an additional issue unrelated to the one for which we hired QF. It was an ongoing issue with the porch roof that the previous owner of our house was unable to resolve. Michael's crew assessed the issue and addressed it quickly and easily in between working on our flat roof. No additional charge. Without a doubt, if we needed to do it all over again, we'd call Quality First.

Hey B.
That's an awesome review! You summed it up well! It was definitely an extensive job. The previous owners just kept doing quick fixes by put layers on top of layers. The additional weight of all those layers created a sag in the roof which in turn led to leaks. We removed tons of weight off of that roof and reframed it to create slope. I Thank you for being the first owners of that home who decided to do it right! You definitely earned a lot of good karma points!
I take a lot of pride in turning completely botched up 100 year old roofs into redesigned, functional systems. It's something I'm proud to put my name on because I know it will outlast any other system.
I wish your family all the best! Thanks again for entrusting us with your project.

Flat roof repair/rebuild

It was a pleasure working with Quality First...if rebuilding a roof is ever a pleasure! They came to repair a poorly built flat roof, and the job turned out to be a lot more complicated when they found the roof had been leaking for years and was pretty much rotten. They accommodated a new schedule to suit the emergency, worked diligently and honestly, and now the new roof looks like a piece of art! Michael was communicative and clear from the beginning, the workspace was kept clean at all times and the price was fair and competitive. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Hey Mrs.B

Thanks for the wonderful review! It certainly was a poorly built flat roof. The roof must have been leaking from day 1 when it was installed 9 years ago. Unfortunately due to the spray foam insulation, it didn't show it self in the home until it was too late. At this point a good portion of the roof was rotted out and had to be reframed. I truly felt bad for you because there was no sign of the leak inside the home until the frame rotted out. There's nothing you could have done to spot this issue any sooner.
We removed the small scupper drains that to get blocked up and cause leaks. Resloped the roof away from the house and installed an Eavestrough to collect the water. This way the water can always shed off of the roof. I thank you for entrusting us with your project. I'm very happy that it turned out well and that you guys are pleased with the end result.
I wish you and your family all the best in the new year!!

Installation of vent

Needed a new vent installed for a bathroom fan. Everything handled online and contactless from the quote to positioning the vent using satellite image of roof to photos of the final product. They also inspected the roof while they were up there so no other problems for winter.

Hey E..
We're always happy to serve a repeat customer! I appreciate you taking the time to post a great review! It encourages us to keep on striving to deliver better and better service!

Tania
Tania
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Roof Repair for missing and loose Shingles

We needed urgent repair of our roof after the recent strong fall storm had ripped off several of our shingles.

Fortunately we got in touch with Quality First Roofing, who were recommended to us by friends some time back. Our call was answered by friendly customer service, who assured us that someone would come out to inspect our roof as soon as the weather permitted.

They kept in touch with us to make sure that we would find “a window” between the snowfalls and freezing temperatures to get the repairs done safely.

The roof has now been repaired for the winter but is in need of a full replacement. That comes as no surprise to us. It had been done by another company and had reached its lifespan. Several shingles had come loose and had flown off in recent years.

We appreciate the prompt, friendly and reliable service Quality First Roofing has provided at a fair price and have decided to have them replace our roof in spring.

Hey Tania

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review! This was the second repair we had done on your roof within a year and a half. Unfortunately the shingles on your roof weren't of the highest quality and have a tendency of blowing off.
I recommend you replace it as it didn't make sense to continue repairing them on a roof that old. It is inevitable that more shingles will blow off in the future and you would be throwing money out the wind. It made more sense to replace it and have a roof covered by our warranty where you wouldn't have to spend any more money on repairs. I thank you for hiring us once again and I look forward to doing the roof in the spring. Happy holidays and all the best to you and your family In the new year!

Linda  from Scarborough
Linda from Scarborough

Flat roof on front porch

We want to make sure the flat roof on top of our front porch is water tight. Michael is recommended to us by my brother in law. Michael and his team were on time and on budget. The team members were very polite and professional and they cleaned up after they finished. We are happy about their work and will recommend Quality First Roofing to family and friends.

Linda

Hey Linda

The flat roof above your porch had a significant sag in it causing water to pool. I happy that you decided to go with our suggestion of resloping it. It was a pleasure working with you. I appreciate you keeping us in mind for future roofing related projects.
All the best to you and the family!!
Say Hi to Nelson from me.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

New shed roof in synthetic slate

Michael was very responsive, knowledgeable,accommodating and efficient from the first contact through to the completion of the job. The crew was skilled and professional and did a perfect cleanup afterward. I highly recommend this company.

I'm glad that you decided to go with the synthetic slate roof for your garage. It really gave it a unique look. It was a pleasure work with you guys. Thanks for keeping us in mind as a reference.

SD in Old Toronto
SD in Old Toronto

New flat roof

Michael and Tatyana did a great job. Quote was reasonable and saved me $1500 by not having to disconnect the roof top a/c unit. Clean up was spotless and crew did a great job. I own a commercial building in Quebec with 100+K square feet of flat roof and would definitely use Quality First for work there.

Hey SD
We do everything in house with staff that we personally train. I'm glad to hear that it's paying off! This is truly the best flat roofing crew that we've ever had. I appreciate you taking the time to post a great review! It goes a long way for us.
I would be thrilled to take on a job in Quebec. It might be like a small vacation for us. A change of scenery.
Until then, take care and stay safe! All the best to you in the new year !!

Gina G.
Gina G.

Roof replacement

Michael was very professional and provided insights regarding the roof construct and requirements for our home. The Quality First Roofing team worked very hard and cleaned our property and surrounding areas daily.
We are very pleased with our roof and agree that the company does indeed put quality first.

Hey Gina
That's our entire mission (putting quality first!)
Its awesome to hear such positive feed back! We try to make every project go as smoothly as possible. Happy that we were able to fit you in this year before the winter weather moved in. I hope you enjoy your new roof for many decades to come.
All the best to you and the family in the new year !

More about Quality First Roofing

Our mission is your satisfaction. Just as our name suggests, Quality is our utmost consideration, which ensures that every job is done correctly at a competitive price. We only use industry approved materials and adhere to all local building codes and Provincial regulations

Your roof is the first and ultimate line of defence to protect your beloved home or business against the harsh elements of our unpredictable Canadian climate. It should therefore be left to the experts. At Quality First Roofing, we only do roofs, unlike some other contractors who might try to stretch their capabilities between roofing, windows, doors, siding, etc.

Services: Shingle Roofing