Fos Electric Inc

Reviews for Fos Electric Inc

jane.k
jane.k

Minor electric repair

Installed New fixture, fixed pot lights, raised chandelier
General electrical advice, re led pot light bulbs

Jane, thank you for your review. It was our pleasure completing the various electrical tasks throughout your home. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Dinning Room lost power when the dimmer switch give a spark

As the electrician didn't help with all my concerns the company decided not to charge me for the service and have offered to come again . So I am satisfied with the outcome
M.Sivyer

Review has 1 previous version

Wire a ceiling light

We wanted a ceiling light in our living room. Guy showed up right on time, did all required drilling but not more than was needed (2 holes in wall, and of course the hole for the new electrical box in ceiling). We patched the wall holes back easily with the cut out pieces. Light works perfectly. He also disconnected a switch that went to two plugs instead of just one (left one), took him all of 3 minutes. Really fast, was available on short notice (2 days) and very friendly. Will definitely call again for more elaborate work we want done later on.

Condo Lighting

I have never written an online review before but I absolutely had to write and say how happy I am to have found John at Fos Electric. He is so knowledgeable and hard working that I knew my new home was in great hands. Initially I needed 3 new light fixtures installed in a 5 year old condo I had purchased. I was thinking about putting in dimmer switches and replacing the bulbs in my pot lights also. After one meeting with John he not only gave me valuable advice on the types of products available, but the pros and cons of each. He also sourced dimmer switches and bulbs and new pot lights. He installed everything efficiently and perfectly. I am so happy with everything he did. After I started moving in to the condo I discovered that the plug sockets did not work in my living room or bedrooms. John came right away and assessed the issue. Because of his vast knowledge he determined that the problem was with Arc Fault Breaker (something I had never heard of). He sourced a new one and installed it right away. If I could give John double the amount of stars available I would. He went out of his way, days before Christmas to get this done for me. I would highly recommend him.

hs2015 from Toronto
hs2015 from Toronto

LED lighting installation

I usually don't write reviews, but I'm happy to write one for Jon @ FOS Electric

I needed a lot of small jobs done around the house - closet light installation, home office lighting and replacement of vaulted ceiling pot lights.

Jon was a true professional. Very responsive, provided different options, showed up on time, cleaned up the work area, kept me updated throughout the project, provided clear estimate and there were no hidden surprises.

He also provided the inspection certificate which was important to me for insurance purposes.

I would use FOS Electric in a heartbeat and would happily recommend him.

James K Trinity Bellwoods
James K Trinity Bellwoods

Installed ceiling fan in my bedroom

I am very impressed with the installation of my ceiling fan. The work was done very professional. The worker wore slippers & used a plastic work sheet to protect my room from debris.He made sure I understood how to operate my new fan.He also installed a new light switch. I highly recommend this company. They rock!!

LChantson from Toronto
LChantson from Toronto

Ceiling fan, motion sensor lighting, etc

Super-helpful John with ceiling fan installation in my baby's room. Very accommodating re baby's nap by working on other light switches around the condo. Very reassuring about existing fixtures & honest about not knowing enough about extractor fans to answer my questions on that. Careful with old fixture so I can donate it later. Family-man understands anxious parent! Lives in same building, understands the issues. Patient, calm, neat, efficient, trustworthy.

benjamin b.
benjamin b.

Light Fixtures, Dimmers and Re-Wiring...

John exceeded our expectations in helping us replace light fixtures, install dimmers in all of our rooms, and re-wired the lighting in our coat closet (previous owner did the job which was not up to code). Not only is John very honest, he also provided his expert guidance to ensure the job is done smoothly and looks like a professional finished product. I would not hesitate to recommend or hire John again in the future.

Lynne Gangbar in North york
Lynne Gangbar in North york
9 reviews North York, ON

Kitchen Cabinet Lighting

I am not exaggerating when I say that John is the most honest Electrician I have ever met....and I've met many of them. He saved me literally hundreds of dollars by his suggestion re our under cabinet kitchen lighting. If I had gone with one of the other electricians, it would have been comparable to throwing away upwards to $1000. He spent time explaining everything very thoroughly..... he is very knowledgable. Rarely will you meet anyone with John's integrity and expertise.

Mark R from Beaverton
Mark R from Beaverton
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Replace fixture

Amazing service. As he was speaking to me I wanted to refer him to anyone who had ears. First, He replaced what needed replacing, recommended great energy saving products without trying to sell them to me (referred me to a store including the discount site)
And for what he didn't do, which was replace things that didn't need replacing. (I thought they did but instead of replacing it he gave a simple solution that saved us money) This is the gold standard that all service companies should strive for.

More about Fos Electric Inc

FOS Electric Inc. is a fully licensed and insured electrical contractor with years of experience in all areas of residential and commercial. Contact us for all your electrical needs. From new wiring to re-wiring, upgrades, fixture installations, pot lights, troubleshooting and smart home solutions. . . we have you covered.
Looking for Lighting pros in North York?