Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

14 Havencrest Drive, Bolton ON L7E 0A8

Sprinkler Systems
Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Best of Award '22 winner 8 timesBest of Award '22winner 8 times

Reviews for Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Antonio
Antonio

Sprinkler re-installation

After calling a number of Irrigation/Sprinkler specialists (including my own) and confirming that most had closed for the season in mid-November, I reached out to John given the outstanding client reviews on Homestars and he was more than pleased to come over to accommodate me. Upon his arrival, he assessed the work, provided me a competitive quote and completed the work quickly and efficiently. John is both a fair and reasonable person but also willing to do the job to perfection. Given the quick and responsive attention to the project and the affable and professional nature of John and his team, I will definitely be calling on them again for any future business. I recommend anyone looking for professional, reasonably well priced and diligent workers to consider hiring John and his team!

Sue from Oakville
Sue from Oakville

Winterizing the lawn sprinkler system

John showed up on time. He was a detail oriented person. Even though it rained that morning, he took time to show, tell, and do the work. We would call him back in the spring time. Thank you for the great work.

Bobby from Brampton
Bobby from Brampton

Lawn sprinkler system

We installed our sprinkler system through green valley irrigation almost 10 years ago. John and his team have serviced us ever since then. I am very pleased to give him a recommendation, due to the longevity of our relationship it goes to show Green valley will not only install a great sprinkler system, they will standby their product and will keep you happy for many years after the install.

I highly recommend green valley irrigation.
Bobby

Jackie from Unionville
Jackie from Unionville

Sprinkler system

John and his crew are great. They completed the job quickly and they always return in the spring and winter to turn off or turn on sprinkler system. Would recommend them to others.

Sprinkler System Installation

I recently had my lawn sprinklers installed by John at Green Valley Irrigation.The level of professionalism and care that John took with our project was phenomenal. John went above and beyond to ensure that we were happy and felt comfortable with how our system worked. I would highly recommend John to my family and friends.

Kathy from Mississauga
Kathy from Mississauga

Lawn Sprinklers

John Nissan provided exceptional service throughout our lawn sprinkler project. He is knowledgeable, reliable and flexible. He responded quickly to our schedule, and was always on time. The installation provides maximum and efficient coverage of our lawn and flower beds. We highly recommend John and his team.

Don Holdsworth from Toronto
Don Holdsworth from Toronto
1 review East York, ON

Sprinkler system installation

We awarded John the job to install our sprinkler system in 2011. His price was very competitive, the quality of the equipment is very good, and the service was excellent. He delivered exactly what he said he would do, on time and on budget. We are very pleased with the system. Follow up service has also been excellent. Two colleagues have since used his services, and I would recommend him to family and friends alike.

Kerry in Mississauga
Kerry in Mississauga
4 reviews MISSISSAUGA, ON

Irrigation system installation

I had the pleasure of hiring John to install my irrigation system this spring and I was not disappointed. My last experience at my previous home was a nightmare from day one. John was personable, courteous and responded quickly to my calls. He and his crew did an professional installation ensuring that there was proper water coverage. He uses quality parts and I was extremely happy with John's after installation service also. Thank you John for your focus on excellent customer service. I appreciated it and I'm sure others do also. Don't look any further for a reliable, competitive and efficient irrigation company. Use Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Kaush from Mississauga
Kaush from Mississauga

Lawn irrigation

Green Valley Irrigation is a company I would like to reccomend for there price,fairness and timely reponse to customer service.I had my irrigation system installed in 2006 and John the owner is excellent to deal with.He values his customers and responds in a timely manner.I highly reccomend them.

Jim CROCKER from Mississauga
Jim CROCKER from Mississauga

Lawn Irrigation

I would recommend John and his crew to anyone, he was not the cheapest quote I got but very competitive
He was on time, made excellent suggestions and and his crew where very professional.
This has been my second summer since my initial instillation and the system has worked flawlessly and my lawn and flower beds have never looked better.
John is always willing to drop by to make adjustments but also took the time to show me how to do it myself if I chose to do so, being quite handy I find that very useful.
If you are considering getting an irrigation system you, Green Valley is someone to seriously consider.

Jim in Mississauga

More about Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Green Valley Irrigation offers complete solutions to your irrigation needs. We specialize in engineering state-of-the-art water conscious irrigation systems using industry established technologies maintaining reliability and economy. We are well-versed in the latest equipment and installation techniques that will ensure a water-efficient system, maintaining reliability, and competitive pricing. It is important to provide this expertise promptly and courteously to our customers.

We realize your time is extremely valuable, so we will come onsite for an initial consultation that will outline the basic requirements and review important factors needed to complete your irrigation needs. To ensure the highest-quality installation and optimum operation of your sprinkler system, we will send a Professional Irrigator who will provide a professional design for planning and ease of viewing. We'll work with you to define a plan of action to meet your personal and financial requirements. And after installation is complete, we will show you every detail of the proper operation of your new irrigation system. We make sure all the steps are taken to perform the service at the your convenience.

Here are several key characteristics to look for when evaluating the water efficiency of a lawn sprinkler system:

Matched-Precipitation Rate Sprinkler Heads
All sprinkler heads on a given circuit should be the same type (e.g. rotors, pop-up spray, etc.) and have matched precipitation rate (in inches per hour). Heads with differing precipitation rates have widely varying operating times, which can lead to the over-watering of one area in order to sufficiently water another.

Head-to-Head Coverage
sprinkler installation Turf pop-up sprinkler systems are designed to operate with head-to-head coverage, where the spray from one sprinkler head reaches to the next, resulting in necessary overlap. Precipitation rates are based on the assumption of overlap. Places where the sprinkler's spray pattern does not overlap are likely not getting sufficient water and may develop brown dry spots. These spots indicate the system has low "uniformity" of coverage. To compensate, one has to run the sprinklers for longer times to get adequate water to the dry spots, while the rest of the lawn is getting over-watered.

Precipitation Rate That Does Not Exceed the Soil's Infiltration Rate
Based upon soil characteristics, water will soak into the ground at differing rates. Sandy soils have high (fast) infiltration rates, while clay soils have low (slow) infiltration rates. If the precipitation rate of the sprinkler heads exceeds the soil's infiltration rate, then runoff and erosion occur (especially on slopes). On flat ground, this will also lead to piddling. If your sprinklers' precipitation rate exceeds the infiltration rate, lower precipitation rate heads can be installed, or you can shorten your watering times and use multiple start times (e.g. 3 start times at 5 minutes each at 1-hour intervals instead of 15 minutes all at once) to allow the water to soak into the soil.

Appropriate Water Pressure
Each sprinkler head is designed to operate within a certain range of pressure, typically around 40 to 50 pounds per square inch (PSI). When water pressure is too low, the sprinkler head will emit large drops and likely will not produce the proper spray pattern or a radius that reaches to the next head. If pressure is too high, the head will produce a fine mist, which leads to water loss due to evaporation and "fly-away" in even light winds. In addition, high pressure can lead to over spray and a distorted spray pattern, along with many other problems.

Clean, Even Spray Pattern
If the spray pattern of a head is distorted, browns spots may develop on the lawn. This may be caused by blockage in the screen or in the nozzle itself, and the head may need to be cleaned. If this does not fix the problem, the nozzle may be worn and needs to be replaced.

There should be no wasteful over spray onto sidewalk, patio, driveway or street. If there is over spray, replace the nozzle with another with the appropriate spray pattern (e.g. 1800 instead of 3600) or relocate the sprinkler head.

Vegetation or other objects should not obstruct the spray from the head. Trim back vegetation or raise the sprinkler heads as needed. This will increase the system's uniformity of coverage.