Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

20 Rathmore St. Brampton ON L6P 2P4

Sprinkler Systems
Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Best of 2020 winner 7 timesBest of 2020winner 7 times

Reviews for Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Khim from Scarborough
Khim from Scarborough

Irrigation installation

John was absolutely wonderfull in helping me plan and setting up my sprinklers. Not only is his crew extremely helpful during the installation, they were very neat and clean! I've had the system in for over 2 years now without any problems whatsoever. Even after the install, I wanted to move and add some more sprinkler heads, John took care of that with no problem at all! You won't regret hiring Green Valley Irrigation.

Anthony D.
Anthony D.

Lawn Sprinkler System Installation

We had decided to get the lawn sprinkler system done this year and received quotes from a few different contractors. The prices were all over the place. Then my neighbour who had used Green Valley Irragation suggested I call them.
That was the best decision. John was responsive, easy to reach and was easy to communicate with. We are happy to have used Green Valley Irraigation to get the job done. Our lawn is green and most of all I do not have to waste precious time to water the lawn with poor results.
We would definitely recommend Green Valley Irrigation. Thank you John.

Martin Downorowicz from Etobicoke
Martin Downorowicz from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Lawn Sprinkler System

We had a sprinkler system installed in our house this year and John and his team were excellent! Service was fast, clean and end result perfect. Now my grass is growing like crazy!!! Thank you John.

Bill Tennent from Mississauga
Bill Tennent from Mississauga

Lawn Irrigation

Installed front lawn irrigation system this year..Job was done quickly and efficiently.
John ensured I was thoroughly instructed how to use system. The system works perfectly. My lawn looks much better with only brief watering every second day. I would highly recommend John @ Gree Valley Irrigation. B Tennent

Ravi Thakur from Brampton
Ravi Thakur from Brampton

Inground Sprinkler System

After shopping around with few companies, I awarded the installation contract to John on a new home in 2011. John has been very professional in terms of installation of inground system and looking after maintenance on every spring and fall for winterization and getting sprinkler started every spring. I am very satisfied with his work and would definately recommend among my network for new installation.

Serge in Brampton
Serge in Brampton
4 reviews BRAMPTON, ON

irrigation system

I've had tailor made suit, custom made golf clubs, why not an irrigation system that fits my yard perfectly. I called John at Green Valley Irrigation and have never regretted my decision. He has always been professional and reliable. I have never any issues with the install or the product. I have had it for 5 years now and it works amazing. I don't have to move the sprinkler 7 times any more. The grass is always green. I absolutely would recommend John and his team and company to anyone.

MC from Mississauga
MC from Mississauga

Sprinklers

I have been their customer for over 4 years. I came to know of green valley from a sign in the neighbourhood. Very professional company. Delivers on what they commit. On time for all service calls. Proactive maintenance. Totally hassle free. I rarely write reviews but for Green Valley anytime. All the best with your business and yes I WOULD NOT THINK TWICE TO REFER Green Valley.

Dennis Quon from Oakville
Dennis Quon from Oakville

Lawn Irrigation

John and his team are great. He did a wonderful job of setting up my irrigation system 3 years ago. John faithfully calls me every spring and fall to open and close the system. His team even help solve where new heads should set up. You can count of John to do a great job at a good price.

Pat Palozzi from North York
Pat Palozzi from North York
1 review North York, ON

Irrigation system

Green Valley Irrigation installed my sprinkled system 6 years ago and I haven't had any issues. I found the installation price to be very reasonable and the annual follow-up service from John and his team has been excellent.

Kairas from Mississauga
Kairas from Mississauga

Front and Backyard

I have been dealing with Green Valley Irrigation Ltd, for over 7 years, and must say they are simple the best at what they do. I have recommended them to my family and friends. After 7 years not one problem with the sprinkler system.

Kairas Mehta

More about Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Green Valley Irrigation offers complete solutions to your irrigation needs. We specialize in engineering state-of-the-art water conscious irrigation systems using industry established technologies maintaining reliability and economy. We are well-versed in the latest equipment and installation techniques that will ensure a water-efficient system, maintaining reliability, and competitive pricing. It is important to provide this expertise promptly and courteously to our customers.

We realize your time is extremely valuable, so we will come onsite for an initial consultation that will outline the basic requirements and review important factors needed to complete your irrigation needs. To ensure the highest-quality installation and optimum operation of your sprinkler system, we will send a Professional Irrigator who will provide a professional design for planning and ease of viewing. We'll work with you to define a plan of action to meet your personal and financial requirements. And after installation is complete, we will show you every detail of the proper operation of your new irrigation system. We make sure all the steps are taken to perform the service at the your convenience.

Here are several key characteristics to look for when evaluating the water efficiency of a lawn sprinkler system:

Matched-Precipitation Rate Sprinkler Heads
All sprinkler heads on a given circuit should be the same type (e.g. rotors, pop-up spray, etc.) and have matched precipitation rate (in inches per hour). Heads with differing precipitation rates have widely varying operating times, which can lead to the over-watering of one area in order to sufficiently water another.

Head-to-Head Coverage
sprinkler installation Turf pop-up sprinkler systems are designed to operate with head-to-head coverage, where the spray from one sprinkler head reaches to the next, resulting in necessary overlap. Precipitation rates are based on the assumption of overlap. Places where the sprinkler's spray pattern does not overlap are likely not getting sufficient water and may develop brown dry spots. These spots indicate the system has low "uniformity" of coverage. To compensate, one has to run the sprinklers for longer times to get adequate water to the dry spots, while the rest of the lawn is getting over-watered.

Precipitation Rate That Does Not Exceed the Soil's Infiltration Rate
Based upon soil characteristics, water will soak into the ground at differing rates. Sandy soils have high (fast) infiltration rates, while clay soils have low (slow) infiltration rates. If the precipitation rate of the sprinkler heads exceeds the soil's infiltration rate, then runoff and erosion occur (especially on slopes). On flat ground, this will also lead to piddling. If your sprinklers' precipitation rate exceeds the infiltration rate, lower precipitation rate heads can be installed, or you can shorten your watering times and use multiple start times (e.g. 3 start times at 5 minutes each at 1-hour intervals instead of 15 minutes all at once) to allow the water to soak into the soil.

Appropriate Water Pressure
Each sprinkler head is designed to operate within a certain range of pressure, typically around 40 to 50 pounds per square inch (PSI). When water pressure is too low, the sprinkler head will emit large drops and likely will not produce the proper spray pattern or a radius that reaches to the next head. If pressure is too high, the head will produce a fine mist, which leads to water loss due to evaporation and "fly-away" in even light winds. In addition, high pressure can lead to over spray and a distorted spray pattern, along with many other problems.

Clean, Even Spray Pattern
If the spray pattern of a head is distorted, browns spots may develop on the lawn. This may be caused by blockage in the screen or in the nozzle itself, and the head may need to be cleaned. If this does not fix the problem, the nozzle may be worn and needs to be replaced.

There should be no wasteful over spray onto sidewalk, patio, driveway or street. If there is over spray, replace the nozzle with another with the appropriate spray pattern (e.g. 1800 instead of 3600) or relocate the sprinkler head.

Vegetation or other objects should not obstruct the spray from the head. Trim back vegetation or raise the sprinkler heads as needed. This will increase the system's uniformity of coverage.