Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

14 Havencrest Drive, Bolton ON L7E 0A8

Sprinkler Systems
Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Best of Award '22 winner 8 timesBest of Award '22winner 8 times

Reviews for Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Yousif Dawood
Yousif Dawood

Irrigation installation

Green Valley did a great job installing an irrigation system for me this past summer. I called them during a busy time but they still made time to come and give me a quote. They did a beautiful and tidy job I couldn't be happier with the job. I highly recommend their service!

Matt Hill in Brampton
Matt Hill in Brampton

Sprinkler System Closing

I have had consistant and reliable service from this company for many years now and have nothing but great things to say about John and his team. Please keep up the great work!

Sprinkler System

John and his crew did a fantastic job in my backyard, a pleasure to deal with him and his company. John laid out the plan for my backyard and near by garden, he explained to me, the different options and ideas for my backyeard. Green Vally Irrigation Ltd were extremely professional, came on time and got the job done in a timely manner.

From the moment I met John, I knew he was an honest and trustworthy person to deal with. I will definitely be recommending Green Valley Irrigation Ltd. to all my friends and family.

William in Toronto
William in Toronto
1 review , ON

Family Owned Business that actually care

Green Valley Irrigation has been servicing our home for Lawn Sprinkler maintenance for the past 12 years. We have become friends with John, he has always picked up our calls. He does the opening and closing every year.

Nice to see his boys are also following their dad’s footsteps

Amrinder
Amrinder
5 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Best service in town for installs, adjustments, openings and closings!

John and crew installed my system last year. I had some landscaping changes done in my front yard after the original installation. I called the office and was quickly scheduled in for John to come do a site visit. I was quoted a very fair price, and the crew came and did the work the following day. The adjustments took a few hours, capping one zone, and adding another. They left everything neat and tidy, just like when they did the original install. Payment was made, and I was a happy camper. They closed out my system in October, which was convenient as I was not home, but had everything ready for them. E-transfer payment options are easy, and involve less coordination. I highly recommend John and crew. See you in the Spring for the opening service!

Dustin in Mississauga
Dustin in Mississauga

Sprinkler system installation

John and his team were incredible through the whole installation and start up process. They efficiently installed the system in one day, and returned to show us how to use the digital controller and app scheduling. They went over and above. Highly recommend Green Valley if you’re looking to get a sprinkler system.

Saleha in Toronto
Saleha in Toronto

Lawn Sprinkler System Installation

John and his team did amazing work for Installation of Sprinkler Irrigation system. From Day 1 they were very professional with customer services regarding maintaining the commitment regarding start date, follow-up and complication the project with agreed dates. They did great job, did all the cleaning after installation, explained to me step by step the operation of system. They did follow-up visit to make sure everything is working. They took the funds after complication of work and made sure I am satisfied, Thanks again to John and his team.

Thank you so much for the review, Saleha!
We are glad that you are happy with the work completed :)

Harvir
Harvir

Sod and Irrigation- 3500 sq ft

I had hired John and his team to re-sodd my entire lawn, install an irrigation system and some landscaping.

The crew worked efficiently and took time to consider all details. They were very kind and answered all of our question throughout the project.

Review has 1 previous version

Harvir, thank you for the review! It was a pleasure working with you as well.

Lindsay in Mississauga
Lindsay in Mississauga

Sprinkler Install and Sod Replacement

Andy, John and the team were great to work with. They responded to our quote request very quickly and were able to install everything within a couple of weeks. John and his crew arrived promptly and did an amazing job! We were amazed that they were able to complete everything in one day. Our new sod looks great and the sprinkler system is a very cool addition. We wish we had gotten it done sooner! Highly recommend Green Valley!!

Thanks Lindsay!

We appreciate the kind words, and are always happy when our clients are completely satisfied with our work. We look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Steve from mississauga
Steve from mississauga

Complete irrigation system

The time had come to install a sprinkler system. John and his crew and provided a first rate installation of a sprinkler system at our family home. John had carefully listened to our concerns and answered all questions before during and after the installation. If I had to do it all over again, the only thing I would do differently is call Green Valley Irrigation without delay. I wish I had done this years ago.

Thanks to everyone at Green Valley for making this project painless and satisfying as anyone could hope for.

Steve from Mississauga

Steve, thank you for the review! It's always great to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your irrigation needs. It's important to us that our customers concerns are discussed in advance, as well as during the installation process. Have a great day!

More about Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Green Valley Irrigation offers complete solutions to your irrigation needs. We specialize in engineering state-of-the-art water conscious irrigation systems using industry established technologies maintaining reliability and economy. We are well-versed in the latest equipment and installation techniques that will ensure a water-efficient system, maintaining reliability, and competitive pricing. It is important to provide this expertise promptly and courteously to our customers.

We realize your time is extremely valuable, so we will come onsite for an initial consultation that will outline the basic requirements and review important factors needed to complete your irrigation needs. To ensure the highest-quality installation and optimum operation of your sprinkler system, we will send a Professional Irrigator who will provide a professional design for planning and ease of viewing. We'll work with you to define a plan of action to meet your personal and financial requirements. And after installation is complete, we will show you every detail of the proper operation of your new irrigation system. We make sure all the steps are taken to perform the service at the your convenience.

Here are several key characteristics to look for when evaluating the water efficiency of a lawn sprinkler system:

Matched-Precipitation Rate Sprinkler Heads
All sprinkler heads on a given circuit should be the same type (e.g. rotors, pop-up spray, etc.) and have matched precipitation rate (in inches per hour). Heads with differing precipitation rates have widely varying operating times, which can lead to the over-watering of one area in order to sufficiently water another.

Head-to-Head Coverage
sprinkler installation Turf pop-up sprinkler systems are designed to operate with head-to-head coverage, where the spray from one sprinkler head reaches to the next, resulting in necessary overlap. Precipitation rates are based on the assumption of overlap. Places where the sprinkler's spray pattern does not overlap are likely not getting sufficient water and may develop brown dry spots. These spots indicate the system has low "uniformity" of coverage. To compensate, one has to run the sprinklers for longer times to get adequate water to the dry spots, while the rest of the lawn is getting over-watered.

Precipitation Rate That Does Not Exceed the Soil's Infiltration Rate
Based upon soil characteristics, water will soak into the ground at differing rates. Sandy soils have high (fast) infiltration rates, while clay soils have low (slow) infiltration rates. If the precipitation rate of the sprinkler heads exceeds the soil's infiltration rate, then runoff and erosion occur (especially on slopes). On flat ground, this will also lead to piddling. If your sprinklers' precipitation rate exceeds the infiltration rate, lower precipitation rate heads can be installed, or you can shorten your watering times and use multiple start times (e.g. 3 start times at 5 minutes each at 1-hour intervals instead of 15 minutes all at once) to allow the water to soak into the soil.

Appropriate Water Pressure
Each sprinkler head is designed to operate within a certain range of pressure, typically around 40 to 50 pounds per square inch (PSI). When water pressure is too low, the sprinkler head will emit large drops and likely will not produce the proper spray pattern or a radius that reaches to the next head. If pressure is too high, the head will produce a fine mist, which leads to water loss due to evaporation and "fly-away" in even light winds. In addition, high pressure can lead to over spray and a distorted spray pattern, along with many other problems.

Clean, Even Spray Pattern
If the spray pattern of a head is distorted, browns spots may develop on the lawn. This may be caused by blockage in the screen or in the nozzle itself, and the head may need to be cleaned. If this does not fix the problem, the nozzle may be worn and needs to be replaced.

There should be no wasteful over spray onto sidewalk, patio, driveway or street. If there is over spray, replace the nozzle with another with the appropriate spray pattern (e.g. 1800 instead of 3600) or relocate the sprinkler head.

Vegetation or other objects should not obstruct the spray from the head. Trim back vegetation or raise the sprinkler heads as needed. This will increase the system's uniformity of coverage.