Primo Paving Ltd

Reviews for Primo Paving Ltd

Et in Toronto
Et in Toronto

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service. Blocked driveway of neighbours with big trucks preventing garbage pick on street. When we called to complain they told hang up. Neighbours not impressed and neither was I.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Kaleem from Toronto
Kaleem from Toronto

Driveway

Worst company ever deal with they did driveway last July very next day told water is coming toward my side door & garage but nobody came to fix call them so many time don't try this company

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
valerie  from Ajax
valerie from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

driveway paving

our driveway was paved Aug. 2013. After a couple of days we noticed many low spots towards the back of the driveway. Called many times, emailed many times and sent pictures of the driveway with water sitting. We were told many times that a "work order was created and someone would come". Finally on Dec. 9, 2014 I came home from shopping and found a "blob" of asphalt on a piece of the driveway. It wasn't even one of the low spots, and now water sits there. We have emailed and called Primo about the "blob" with no response. I have filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau

Waltertownshend from Toronto
Waltertownshend from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Driveway paving

After they paved my driveway they wanted payment right away. The next day I had two large low spots. I call and call with no luck. Their warranty means nothing. They are the worst company I have ever delt with. Now I have two large ice rinks on my driveway all winter one in front of the garage. The driveway was better before . WT Downsview Ont.

Shawn Lawrence from Brampton
Shawn Lawrence from Brampton

Paved Driveway

These guys paved a driveway that is graded towards the house. When they did the grading I told them it didn't look right, but they assured me it would be fine. It wasn't. I chased them with work orders for a year, they filed them but never came back (my guess to let the warranty run out). I found them in my area a year later and brought the guy (Leino I think his name was) back to my place to show him the terrible work. he admitted it was terrible, but said he could do nothing but stick a stone barrier along the house. I told him I wanted the whole job redone right. He refused. I essentially gave up as this was my first home, but every time I look at my driveway now I get furious. I just filed a complaint with the better business bureau, doubt it will go anywhere. But I hope my review will ensure this doesn't happen to someone else.

Luca Giovinco from Toronto
Luca Giovinco from Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Paving Driveway

I had this company pave my driveway and they not only charged a competitive rate, but were quick and easy going. I saw they had paved my neighbour's driveway, so I got mine done as well. Great job, great timing, great service.

Jennifer D'Addario from Scarborough
Jennifer D'Addario from Scarborough
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

Driveway Paving

The company was very understanding of our timelines and financial situation. They worked with our budget and were very respectable in terms of planning out their job. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone! In fact, our recommendation was what allowed the majority of our family members to be serviced by Primo in the neighbourhood. Great job overall.

Tara from Oakville
Tara from Oakville

Driveway paving

My name is Tara and my fiance's name is Mike. We live in a townhouse in North Oakville. In June/July of 2012 we had our joint driveway paved along with our neighbours, by a company in Bolton called Primo Paving Ltd. At the time, we paid $1800 for the whole driveway - our neighbours paid $1000, we paid $800 because of an uneven split in the size of the lot.

In May 2013, we noticed that there were two ruts developing in the asphalt caused by the pressure of the tires of my car (a Mustang). I called Primo Paving Ltd. on May 17 and I spoke to Rosa Bruno who told me that a work order would be put in and the problem would be dealt with, but that they don't do repairs during the spring or summer, that they usually do them in the fall.

On June 10, I called again to confirm that a work order had actually been assigned. On this call, Rosa informed me that, while repairs often take place in the fall, they would do their best to get to our driveway in July. During this call, I mentioned that one of our neighbours was having their driveway paved by Primo Paving Ltd. as well.

On August 26, I called to request an update on the repairs and Rosa told me that they would take place in mid-September and that July repairs do not happen (directly contracting her earlier comments). I told her that we would be on holidays in early September and would not be around to move cars from the driveway, so I asked if we could book an appointment to enact the repairs. She said they do not book things like that, but would get in touch with us before the repairmen went to Oakville to do the work.

Several days later, I received a voicemail message from Rosa which stated that our work order was in and confirmed that the work would be starting in mid-September.

Yesterday (September 17), my fiance called to ask for an update on the repairs and Rosa told him they would be coming in October. He told her about the history of our calls and she became belligerent, swearing at him and telling him that she was tired of us calling, and hung up the phone on him. He called back to apologize and she hung up on him again. He called back again to try to apologize again and she told him she was going to call the police because she felt threatened. He did not call back.

I am now in a situation where I have a driveway that is in poor repair and cannot get anyone but Rosa on the telephone, and she is being absolutely no help. I don't want to look into legal action but I will do so if it comes to that. I can find no record online of who the owner of the company is, only that it is the Bruno family who have owned the business since 1967. I would not hire this company again. The work is poor quality, the customer service is deplorable and the company has no respect for its customers.

Sharon in Scarborough
Sharon in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

driveway

NEVER AGAIN! not worth the hassle. ticked off all my neighbours by blocking driveways. (several of them!) Gave attitute to the neighbours when they were asked to move! Neighbour was told they were tired from working, total disregard for the fact that the neighbours were getting home from work as well. Regardless of the work done, is not worth the dirty looks I now get whenever I see the neighbours.

terrydadd
terrydadd
5 reviews Scarborough, ON

Paving driveway

This company was very useful. They were polite in digging out the old driveway and waited a couple of weeks before they paved the driveway. They were clean and very cooperative.

More about Primo Paving Ltd

"A Toronto Paving Company since 1967, Primo Paving provides nothing but professional paving services. We at Primo Paving stand behind our service and quality of work.
Our commitment in the last half century is to provide extraordinary service through our highly experienced and trained staff. We commit to offering competitive pricing and professional workmanship. All of our services involve the use of the most current and heavy machinery in the industry to ensure proper response times and end results.
Part of being a leader in the paving community is due to Primo Paving's commitment to being diverse to our present and future clientèle. Through our various sizes of machinery, we ensure that no job is too big or too small that we will refuse. We commit to the ever changing construction industry through our safety, environmental and employment policies. Our employment and equipment safety policies, which we hold with high regard, are second to none in the industry.

We commit to using all environmental friendly materials which possess the highest grade and strongest end results. Our commitment to our employment policies ensure that our service through both our office and field staff reflect the professionalism and integrity of our everyday operations.

Primo Paving's services include asphalt paving, Interlocking and landscaping services, Concrete paving, Parking lot curbing, Residential curbing, Sidewalks, Loading dock pads, Landscaping, Winter Service, Snow Clearing, Salting, Residential Driveways, Industrial and Commercial Areas, Driveway Maintenance, Schools and Recreational Facilities.

Primo Paving is a proud member of the better business bureau as well as many other organizations to ensure proper consumer relations."