Bat Control Specialists

Colin
Colin
2 reviews Waterloo, ON

Bat Removal Service

I had moved into a new house and after the first spring and waking up to 5 bats in my bedroom, I realized there was a bat problem. I researched removal and started to call a few people. I got a few quotes and had a few people over to my house. Although Bat Control Specialists was not the cheapest price, they were the only ones I trusted to come through my house. Their knowledge was far superior than anyone else and the job was done professionally. They sealed my entire roof and installed 3 bat doors which they later removed. The price is worth the peace of mind knowing I would never wake up to bats swirling around my head again! I would 100% recommend them over anyone else. If I ever have bats in another property, Bat Control Specialists would be my first call....

Luke and Caitlin from Belleville
Luke and Caitlin from Belleville
1 review Belleville, ON

Bat Removal and Proofing

We had a few dozen bats enter our triplex while we were living there. Sometimes a few at a time. IT WAS AWFUL! We have small children and we were not willing to risk any contamination with guano and their possibly toxic saliva. We heard about the Bat Control Specialist online and they were more than accommodating. They came in through the evening dusk and ensured that the bats left. Once the bats had all left they bat proofed the entire triplex. We NEVER saw a bat again. It is important to us as landlords to be able to provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere for our tenants. They allowed us to pay for the job at a rate that was affordable for our families budget. We are so very thankful for the amazing work they did and the peace of mind that they gave us as homeowners and landlords.

Leanne from Tavistock
Leanne from Tavistock
1 review , ON

Bats

After seeing a bat flying around my kitchen made me realize that I was in need of professional help and I had to address the problem right away. I dreaded night time and I was scared to be in my own house, fearing they would fly in when I was sleeping. I called Bat Control Specialists and Benjamin came out to my residence that evening (9pm). Benjamin installed a bat door (tube that allows all bats to exit house safely, however they can't return back in the house). A couple of days later, Benjamin came back to seal all the cracks and openings around the house. He was very friendly, extremely knowledgeable, honest and very professional. Benjamin guarantees his works and follows up to see how things are. I was impressed and would highly recommend Bat Control Specialists to anyone that has a bat problem!

Tracy from Hamilton
Tracy from Hamilton
5 reviews Hamilton, ON

Bat Removal

After an extensive internet search, I contacted Bat Control Specialists to remove bats from the soffit of our 2600 sq foot fairly new build. Benjamin was very knowledgeable, thorough and punctual. He sealed all potential entry points around the house, leaving two one way exits. Payment was completed upon job completion, which occurred several weeks later, when he was next in the area to remove the exits and seal them. Had we not been home, I imagine we would have received an invoice in the mail. Although very pleased with the work, the cost was fairly high, given our home was a new build and no attic cleaning was necessary, only caulking, wire mesh inserts in bricks and fire place vent coverage. That being said, Benjamin repaired and reinforced a previous shoddy squirrel removal set up by Halton Wildlife at no charge and all work comes with a five year, transferable warranty.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Cost could have been better.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Do not hire a pest control company to address a bat issue. Guarantees, if any, are poor. They do not care about the aesthetics of their work, or your home and do very few bat removals to be considered experts. Trust Bat Control Specialists

I appreciated your kind review and candor about price. The biggest complaint I get is always about price. Unlike buying a TV or winter vacation, spending money to solve a bat problem is no ones idea of a fun purchase. However, advertizing, gas, food, insurance, materials and sleeping in hotels seven plus months a year while serving clients all over Ontario and Quebec is costly. Despite our price you still hired us because you wanted a quality job with a good guarantee. Too many of my clients have been ripped off by non specialists and local pest companies offering cheap cures for complex bat problems. Paying Twice to have it done right is my definition of expensive. I'm glad that you mentioned price as it does help me emphasize that quality is never cheap. I'm also glad that despite being unhappy about the cost you still gave us a 10 out of 10. That's possibly the best compliment I had all year. Thank you.

Michael Wight from Kingston
Michael Wight from Kingston
1 review Kingston, ON

Bat control

For several years we have experienced bats in our home. Two or three times a year we would be visited by one bat only (never more than one !)

My wife and two daughters were horrified at the thought that a bat could appear at any time and they were terrified when one did !
Several months ago three bats appeared in the house at the same time.........
Well that was enough, my wife threatened to leave the house and to stay in a hotel until I had sorted this bat issue out. I browsed the internet looking for bat control companies and initially contacted the larger Pest Control organizations thinking that this would be the more appropriate route, the people I spoke with did not appear to have the knowledge nor the experience specifically related to bat control.
So I decided to broaden my search, my next call was to BCS (Bat Control Services) The phone rang once and was then answered by Benjamin Vaughan, who was at the time working on top of a roof, bat proofing one of his clients homes in London.
Ben spent the next 15 minutes talking with me. I was so impressed with his understanding, knowledge and the vast experience related to bats and their control. I knew half way through the conversation that I was going to employ his services.
Two days later, on his way to a customer in Ottawa, he stopped off at my house in Kingston, by the end of the day ( Ten hours later) my home was completely bat proofed.
Ben and his associate had worked relentlessly in and around my 3000 square foot home, fully inspecting my home and then sealing every possible point where a bat could enter the property. They installed several bat exclusion vents/doors around the house. These doors allow bats to safely exit the premises but also prevent them getting back in.
These vents were left in place for a couple of months to enable any or all the bats inside to get out. Ben than returned to remove them and to seal off the aperture.
At the same time Ben once again inspected our home and he was not happy until he was certain that there was absolutely no evidence of any more bats and that we ( his valuable customer - his words not mine ) were also happy with his services and that we had not seen a bat since his workmanship was completed.
In conclusion, the service provided by Ben and his company was second to none, his professionalism , workmanship, confidence combined with his know how and ability to get the job done was so much appreciated and valued by my family and I.
It also saved me a lot of expense related to hotel fees.......lol !
Michael

Elaine Burke from Kingston
Elaine Burke from Kingston
1 review Quinte West, ON

Bat removal

I had noticed some bats flying in and out of my garage for about one year. Didn't think much of it. After all, bats are creatures with benefits to the environment. However, when I started hearing scratching in the walls, I immediately started looking for a bat removal company. Researched the internet and contacted Benjamin. He is very professional, knowledgeable and completed the job in record time. I am confident that the issue has been taken care of to my satisfaction without any harm to the creatures.

I remember this job because you had the largest infestation of bats that I saw in 2014. The odor of bat urine by the garage was quite strong and there were a lot of bat droppings on the ground. I also remember that the bricks had a very irregular face which made enormous gaps where the soffits intersected the wall. The bats took full advantage of these gaps to move in and had clearly been there for a while. It was quite a challenge for me to seal these gaps in an innocuous manner even after doing this type of job hundreds of times. Thanks for the kind words and high rating(10 my favorite number)

Saveria Causi from Tottenham
Saveria Causi from Tottenham
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Bat removal

From my first phone conversation with Benjamin I new that he was a specialist in Bat Removal. Benjamin's work was neat, and clean, he respected my home and his work showed that. As promised within a couple of days my home was bat free, I could sit on my back porch and have coffee once again. I would highly recommend Benjamin he is very personable and very professional. Thank you Benjamin

Thank you for the kind review. I remember your home because despite being well built and newer it was really infested with bats. It just goes to show that even the best built homes have many places that bats can move in thru. I also remember your kindness in letting us use the bathroom and offering us cold drinks which, on a hot day is very much appreciated. Thank you again.

Stone Mills Pentecostal Church from Enterprise
Stone Mills Pentecostal Church from Enterprise
1 review Enterprise, ON

Bat Proofing

For a few years we had a Bat problem. We contacted Bat Control Specialists. They took care of business and we have been pleased with their service. Job well done!

Ugh! my first non 10 out of 10 ouch! There goes my perfect record. I guess that 9 out of 10 is really good still but ouch! They seemed perfectly happy with the service I provided, which I am glad of. I know they have had no more bat problems. Yet just 9 out of 10. This is gonna drive me nuts. If there is anything I can do to bump this rating up to a 10 let me know. Seriously! LOL

Aurel from London
Aurel from London
1 review London, ON

Bat Exclusion, Bat Proofing

We recently moved into a 30 yr old home and to our dismay found that we had a sizable bat infestation. After doing much research I decided to contact Bat Control Specialists. Benjamin Vaughan answered promptly and took the time to listen to my problem thoroughly. He put me at ease immediately and said that no infestation was insurmountable and outlined what his company would do to get rid of the bats and (more importantly) keep them from returning. Benjamin's knowledge of his subject matter is encyclopedic (that's wikipedic to all of you new fangled folk) and he will take considerable time and care to explain the wheres, whys and hows to you and to answer any question you may have. While on our job I heard him take calls and take the same time with each potential client (while he worked!). I find his professionalism very refreshing in this day and age of declining customer service and he is to be commended for it. His thoroughness is unbelievable ( he actually looked at my house on Google Earth while I was talking to him initially so that he would have a better understanding of the situation and it's possible scope!)
When Benjamin and crew arrived on site days later, they were very courteous and professional and explained everything they were going to do beforehand and they took the time to show me what materials they would use and why. They surveyed the situation and installed bat exclusion vents (one way doors) at the main points of ingress and egress. This would allow the bats to leave the building but not to re-enter. They then proceeded to seal every single nook and cranny that a bat might use, and I mean EVERY tiny little nook and cranny. They worked very methodically, systematically and carefully and went over every inch of the house. The work they did and the material they used did nothing to spoil the appearance of our home and you would be very hard pressed to even see evidence of their work unless I pointed it out to you. They cleaned up the site thoroughly after they were done and left zero evidence of their work.We are very pleased with the work they did and I'm happy to say still bat free. It's not an expense we had factored on but as with anything in life, you get what you pay for and I'm extremely pleased that we chose the right people for the job. And I made a new friend to boot because Benjamin is just one of those people.
I highly recommend Bat Control Specialists and Benjamin Vaughan.

Looking for Pest & Animal Control pros in London?