I calmly pen this review of Eclipse during one of the crazy downpours we've been getting recently (late August, 2021).
"Calmly?" you ask yourself? Let me explain: we have a flatroof, roughly 630 sq.ft. in area over an extension, which itself is just a few years old. The roofers used by the contractor completely botched the job: cheap inferior product (IKKO) which wasn't properly secured down, hack-job on 5 scuppers which were left completely open, with bare wood and cavities that led to who-knows-where. Ok, enough of the report on the previous job.
I found Eclipse completely by fluke, after passing by one of their trucks as I was going to pick up some pizza. I looked them up, saw their reviews and knew I had to contact them the next day.
They were able to send a Project Manager within a day of first contact. Unlike many of the other reviewers who wrote about being visited by the company owner named Eduart, we had our consultation with Geni. A gentleman of few words, Geni was professional, thorough, and withheld on the bravado and showmanship some of the other contractors displayed. I found this understated approach to be quite refreshing. He clearly answered and addressed our questions and concerns. Subsequent phonecalls were returned promptly.
We took a couple of weeks to make up our mind, and within two weeks of securing Eclipse, a team of 8 showed up, on time, ripped off the existing flat roof within 50 minutes and finished most of the job (including doing an incredible job replacing the 5 scuppers) by day's end. Only an hour and a bit was needed to complete the job the following morning.
A few other points:
- Dealing with Reigh (scheduling) and Gleda (billing) was a breeze.
- Provisions were made beforehand with Geni to protect our driveway as it's made of Ecoraster (a type of recycled plastic) which involved parking their trucks and equipment on the road at the end of the driveway. Don't get me wrong - the crew did try, asking if they could park on the driveway, but I reminded them I spoke to Geni about it and they said "no problem". What I want to highlight is that while they tried (I don't blame them), they didn't put up any stink when I said no.
- They brought all sorts of wood boards to protect the side of the house and paver stones as they dismantled the old roof. The property was left as clean as when they arrived.
- We have cedar siding which they did an amazing job of, well, not burning down! Thank you Team Eclipse for not burning down the house! Joking aside, Eduart did come on a site visit with Geni and he brought to rest any of our concerns about fires, and they obviously followed through with this.
- On a related note to the previous point, after an hour's worth of work to finish the roof on the second day, the crew stayed an extra 30-45 minutes upon completion to ensure any hot spots didn't turn ignite the cedar.
- A considerable amount of time was put into waterproofing the scuppers, which now look amazing and perform as they should.
- On Geni's final inspection a few days later, I pointed out to him a section of downspout that was a bit banged up, with some denting and paint chipping. Without a blink of an eye, Geni ensured me it would be replaced. A team member came by last week to do the replacement.
Eclipse is not necessarily the cheapest (nor the priciest), but we could not be happier with the end result.
Before Eclipse came around, this rainstorm in which I'm typing this would give us a reason to hold our breath and inspect the corners that had leaks coming through. But as I heard the first thunder strikes from the distance this afternoon, I looked to the skies and challenged Thor to give us all that he had, knowing that this roof was battle-prepped and ready to Eclipse anything it'd be shown!
I include a few "before" photos, and of course, of the finished product.
Thanks to Geni and the Eclipse team!
Recommended without hesitation.