Appliance Repairman

Appliance Repairman

Reviews for Appliance Repairman

Private User reviews Waterloo, ON

Dishonest

I bought a house and moved into it - and realized the fridge was not cooling. I was very desperate to repair it, and Appliance Repairman promised fast service, $80 for technician's visit, which seemed fair at that time, - so, I made an appointment.

The technician came on time, was pretty good at making sure I sign all the necessary paperwork, and was very accurate to get my signature before proceeding with any works.

After first diagnostics he told me, "the main board needed replacement" and that it would cost $280.00 plus tax. "However, - he added, - it doesn't guarantee that the fridge will work". He said, that after the board is replaced, then maybe the fridge would work, maybe not. He got my signature that I agree to it. As I said, I was desperate - and exhausted after the move.

When the board was replaced, he announced that the compressor is dead and needs to be replaced too. And the cost was... $1370!!! I told him, that I could buy a new fridge for that amount (in fact, for even less). "But you have a very good, almost brand new fridge!.. You won't buy the same for cheaper than $2500! I am saving you money!"

When I went shopping for fridges, clerks and technicians in stores told me that the real technician would know right away the problem with the compressor, and $1370 is too much for a new compressor.

Unfortunately, I can not do anything except for writing bad reviews about this company and hoping that nobody else will be tricked the same way.

Is there a possibility to write a Google review about them? I see a lot of reviews here, but none - on Google.

Kim
Kim

Refrigerator repair

Charged for a diagnostic to determine cause of fridge not working. A 2nd company who was referred by LG, advised that performing a diagnostic would not have been possible as the test button on the motherboard was not working.
Charged for work that was not even done.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Dishonest and Terrible Customer Service

Came to my home to fix a leak in washing machine. Fixed some stuff and said if it leaks again I need a new outer drum for $900. Sure enough, do laundry and it leaks again. Call them to complain and never get a call back unless I book for a new outer drum.
Call the actual appliance company, and technician says I have a leak in the seal and they show me the hole. Fix that and everything is fine.
Asking Appliance Repair Man for money back and have proof their technician was wrong. Nobody will talk to me there.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!!

? in Vaughan
? in Vaughan

Horrible company

$361.50 for absolutely nothing done
My fridge is still broken
Customer service is terrible
They hang up on you a snake offer no other solutions other than take you’re money and not fix your appliance. STAY AWAY. You can do a better job yourself with google !!!

Francis Relset from Burlington
Francis Relset from Burlington
3 reviews Hannon, ON

Overpriced Stay Away - Buyer Beware

We found out after they made their service call that our dryer was under an extended warranty. We cancelled the part they ordered but they charged us $ 280.00 for one hour in our home and provided no credit back for the non supply of service. Stay away from these guys totally dishonest.

Alper in Toronto
Alper in Toronto

Do not call!

I’d give them 0 stars if I could. It took 1 month for them to fix my washing machine. They brought the wrong parts twice and charged me $975 to fix it. Avoid this company at all costs!!!

Alan Smith, Toronto
Alan Smith, Toronto

Bad and, I believe, dihonest. DO NOT USE THEM!

Their ad implies that they are Samsung specialists. I contacted Samsung - they are not accredited and they do not know them. They sent a repairman who had such bad body odor we could not stay in the same room (it took a few days to clear the smell from the room!). He charged for "services" which we are told (by an accredited Smasung repair company) are meaningless ($280) He also charged for a replacement part
that had nothing to do with the issue. The company could provide no proof of this replacement ($160). When I tried to get information from them which would help me in taking the matter to Small Claims Court they refused to provide it - in fact, they would provide no information at all in writing (email) and insisted that we only communicate by 'phone.
I wanted this information in writing so that I could pursue my claim. This has gone on for 6 weeks or so. The problems with the machine which were supposed to have been repaired were NOT repaired. The accredited repairman informed me that this company is not reputable and that they are well-known for this in the industry.
I will be taking them to court as soon as I get a full report from the Samsung Accredited Repair company.

Sharon
Sharon
6 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Incompetent technician and untrustworthy company

Igor, the technician, came to my home to repair my fridge. Within 5 seconds he quickly determined that the problem was with the starter and that it needed to be replaced. He charged me $167 for a starter that I later found out cost $25 on Amazon. He installed the new starter and told me to wait 6 or 7 hours and the fridge would get cold. This never happened. After several calls to the company, I finally got Igor back to explain why the fridge was not working. He said that now the problem was with the compressor which makes absolutely no sense since the fridge was just sitting unplugged for less than a week. This company promises to return your call but never does. To date, I am still waiting for a phone call from them. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. STAY AWAY FROM IGOR.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Worst ever service in my lifetime.

They told me on the phone that service call was $80 and included diagnostic. If I proceeded with the repair they would no charge the service call. Tech arrived, spent 10 minutes doing 'diagnostic' then advised he needed to service the control board - that was the problem. O had to agree to pay$230 for this repair. He worked for 20 minutes and then announced it needed a new water inlet valve and that would be another $230 +$112 for labour. I asked what was the original $230 for and he now said that was diagnostic. When I challenged him he said the original $230 didnt cover parts and labour. I said he had told me the problem was the control board. He said no its really the water valve.

Absolutely appalling!!!!!!!!
I have never had an experience like this. These people have no integrity and simply rip you off.
Do not ever use this company. I cant imagine how they stay in business

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Vaughan?