Gala Renovations

Formerly Gala Kitchens And Bath
Kitchen Planning & Renovation

Best of Award '22 winner 4 timesBest of Award '22winner 4 times

Reviews for Gala Renovations

1st floor renovation (kitchen, flooring, ceilings, trim, paint)

Scott and his team did an excellent job on our home. The communication was very good, as was their attention to detail. They were very professional and followed all safety protocols. We are so happy with the final result and would recommend Gala to anyone looking to renovate their home.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a Homestars review for us. I'm delighted to know that you are happy with the final result.

CMcG
CMcG

Kitchen & Main Floor Renovation

Scott and his team have been excellent to work with throughout the entire renovation process. As new homeowners without experience in similar projects, we really appreciated how available Scott was for questions, feedback, and idea generation. He brought some creative ideas to the project which helped us land on the perfect kitchen for our home.
We had great interaction with all of the tradespeople, and felt comfortable with everyone's adherence to COVID-related requests. We appreciated the ability to get to the showroom of the custom cabinetmaker and work through options for our design. The level of customization available and the ability to fit it perfectly to our space really made the difference vs. an Ikea kitchen or similar.
Again, I can't say enough about the timeliness and openness of Scott's responses, and the project was completed on schedule despite COVID challenges. Overall, cannot recommend Gala team more highly.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review for your Kitchen and main floor renovation. I hope you enjoy your new custom kitchen and powder room.

Bathroom Renovation

Scott and his crew do wonderful work and are pleasant to work with. I have no hesitation recommending them to anyone else.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It was a pleasure to work with you again and I hope you enjoy the renovation.

Catherine in Mississauga
Catherine in Mississauga

Main floor renovation

We recently completed a main floor renovation with Gala and could not be happier. We contracted Gala to remove a supporting wall, install new flooring throughout, renovate a kitchen and laundry room, install new lighting, refinish the ceilings, and refinish the stairs. Everything looks beautiful! I knew from the moment I met Scott that he was the person for the job. Scott’s calm, patient, thoughtful demeanor throughout the project was much appreciated, especially under the circumstances. We delayed our project for nearly a year due to Covid and Scott was so accommodating until we felt ready to proceed. He helped us navigate through all phases of the project, from the budget, getting the necessary professionals in to assess the scope of work, securing permits, choosing finishes, etc. He was always ready to answer our questions along the way. Scott, along with his crew, Greg, Rosendo, and James, have excellent workmanship and attention to detail. Scott made sure the project moved along with no delays in scheduling or waiting on tradespeople, which we appreciated. He was also very helpful with sourcing materials for the finishes and keeping us on track with our decision making. I would recommend Gala Renovations without hesitation and look forward to working with Gala again on the 2nd floor phase of our home improvements!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for your kind words. I'm very pleased that you are happy with the results.

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Awesome kitchen reno

Scott and crew did an amazing job on our old dated kitchen. He was a great communicator through the whole project and solved a couple of unexpected problems with no issue. We will definitely think of Gala Renovations for future projects and recommend them for anyone looking for a quality, all-in-one renovation solution.

Chris, thank you very much for writing a review about our work. I hope you enjoy your new kitchen!

Ann in Toronto
Ann in Toronto

Kitchen renovation

Scott and his crew did a wonderful job transforming our kitchen. It is a small space in an old house and we are really pleased with the finished room. The different tradesmen that came in were courteous, on time and skilled. Scott is an amazing ‘ problem solver’ when the unexpected arises. I highly recommend him.

Thank you do much for taking the the time to write this wonderful review. I enjoyed the process of working with you. Thank you for the recommendation.

Chunga19 in Old Toronto
Chunga19 in Old Toronto

Quick Kitchen and Hardwood floor installation

We decided that we wanted to put our rental property up in the market. Scott managed to squeeze us in despite his busy schedule and he made it ultra easy - professional beginning to end. This was our second time with Scott and would recommend.

Thank you very much for writing a review for us. It was a pleasure working with you again. Good luck with the sale.

Refinish the bedroom ceiling water damage.

The workers were polite, informative, and helpful. They explained what they were doing, why and updated me as they worked. The work site was cleaned up at the end of the day with a minimum of disruption. I will certainly hire them again and will be glad to recommend them to our neighbours.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a positive review for us. It was a pleasure working with you.

Laundry Room Renovations

To Scott,
I want to thank you for all your work with our newly renovated Laundry Room. The Floor is great, along with the Cabinets, and Counter.
James and Greg were terrific, and very professional.
I would definitely use Gala again,
Thanks again,
Tino

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm glad to hear you are happy with the work, and with James and Greg. I hope you enjoy your new laundry room.

Camille
Camille

Search NO further!!! There are SO many reasons why

Starting the search for a renovations company can be extremely daunting and overwhelming. Naturally, I dove in to Google as a starting point and found Gala. I emailed Gala and Scott Thomas, the owner, responded professionally and promptly. From there, we set-up some time for him to stop by. I had an idea of what we wanted to accomplish renovations wise: a complete overhaul of the kitchen (including a structural wall), master bathroom and nursery, in addition to 2 custom closets and new entryway flooring, but we had no idea what that would cost/entail. Scott really helped us understand the process, while providing his wealth of knowledge for supplier resources (I wanted to quarterback the design aspect of the project) and being personable. From day one, we fully trusted him to keep us on the right track (considering our wishes and budget). Scott managed everything from the reno dumpster to the building permit and coordinating all of the moving parts for plumbing, structural engineering, electricity, crown moulding experts, flooring professionals, etc. It was a seamless experience and if there was ever a concern, Scott was our advocate and made sure we were happy with every service. I recommend Gala to everyone for all of the reasons above AND when COVID hit, he and his team took all necessary precautions to stay safe. Definitely reach out to Gala if you want the crème de la crème!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and thoughtful review. It's been quite a year for everyone and I hope you enjoy your new kitchen and bath for many years. We really enjoyed with you.

More about Gala Renovations

Gala Renovations was founded with the concept born out of two sound principles: client-centred design and impeccable customer service. Whether your space is wide open with room to imagine, or small and cozy where we have to be creative, we will work with you to ensure that your renovation is completed exactly the way you want it. Our process starts with the ideas and vision you have for your home and moves to our team who will create plans that will guide our craftsmen to build the home of your dreams.

We specialize in complete home, ground and second floor renovations but we also take on other projects like basements, attics, custom kitchens, bathrooms, wall units, and storage solutions. We are flexible and collaborative in our approach and we care about the details that will ultimately beautify your home. At Gala, we leave no stone unturned in the journey from concept to reality. Our passion and knowledge paired with your dwelling and vision, will culminate in a one-of-a kind, unique space that you can proudly call home!