Trail Appliances

3388 Sweden Way Richmond BC V6V 0B2

Reviews for Trail Appliances

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Unpleasant experience overall

This is also posted on other review sites to ensure other customers do not have the same experience.
Summary: Inconsistent expectation communicated regarding delivery date process and procedures. Delivery team tries to blame the customer. Not following COVID guideline. Not following building policy. Inadequate installation skill left paddle of water and asked the customer to clean it up. Didn't remove packing material. Unpleasant experience overall.

This is the series of events - all transcripts, call logs, VMs are available at request.
10/6 01:59 PM - Purchase made online with a very helpful associate.
10/6 04:19 PM - Trail received payment and indicated in email "Our delivery team will call you on the morning of delivery to provide an ETA and will call once more an hour prior to arriving."
10/9 08:04 AM - Trail delivery called and left VM indicating "appliances to be delivered between 9 to 11:30. If you have any questions, call me back. Thank you"
10/9 11:30 AM - no delivery. Call made to Trail head office. Was told our location is the 4th delivery of the day and should expect delay. The agent would contact the delivery team and provide an update.
10/9 12:38 PM - No contact from delivery team nor Trail head office. Called made to the number that left the delivery VM earlier in the day (presumably the delivery team)but no one picked up
10/9 12:40 PM - Delivery team called back, indicating they have tried calling several times and tried buzzer but no one answered. They were on the way back to the warehouse and requesting us to reschedule. Note: The buzzer number was not given to the delivery team and there's no missed call on my phone.
10/9 12:43 PM - Called made to Trail head office. The agent, Divya, attempted to reach out to the delivery team while on the call with me but they are not reachable.
10/9 01:21 PM - Divya called back indicating she had talked to the delivery team. The delivery team claimed they tried calling several times with no answer. Divya asked them to return and make the delivery on that day.
10/9 02:26 PM - Delivery team arrived.
- One of the delivery man shouting about me not answering the call and made them turn back. I indicated the only call I received said "if you have any questions, call me back". I did not have any questions and therefore why would I call back. The delivery man shouted "it's a common courtesy to always call back" Note: as contrary to the email confirmation when I purchase the item, there is no second call within an hour before delivery. Furthermore, if the delivery is expected to delivery to me and did not hear anything back, a logic thing to do is to call again.
- I offered to move on from the issue as I see what had been an misunderstanding. The delivery man said "I don't accept your apology and this is not right" (note: no apology was even offered as I did not believe I was in the wrong)
- While unboxing the dryer and getting ready, the delivery man left the washer standing outside in the pouring rain.
- Against building concierge's request and building policy to load one machine into the elevator at the time, the delivery team decided to pack both machines into one elevator
- the delivery man entered my apartment - both with shoes on and one WITHOUT MASK
- While removing the old washer/dryer, they did not turn off the water vault and left a paddle of water on the floor. "Would you like to clean that up before we install the new unit?" is what they offered to me.
- Unit installed, but with packing material left everywhere; I was forced to sign the pre/post inspection as "all okay" since I do not want any further damage in my unit.

Hello, thank you for reaching out to share your experience. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our delivery team didn’t go as smoothly as your experience with our Product Experts. Although we strive for great service with each and every delivery, it sounds like we weren’t able to provide it in your case. We understand you spoke with our delivery manager, who apologized and would use this as a learning experience for the delivery team. We hope that you'll try us again in the future so we can exceed your expectations at all touch points.

Private User reviews Langley, BC

Samsun fridge

We purchased over $5000 dollars in appliances from the Langley store. After one year our fridge started leaking. I found out there was a class action suit against Samsung for the same problem nationwide. At no time did our sales rep mention this to us at the time of purchase He actually had the Nerve to sound surprised when we complained and insulted us by tagging a repair charge
To us if they came to looked at it.
I support Samsung products but unfortunately wasn’t supported by trail. We have taken our business else.

Hello and thank you for reaching out. We apologize that you didn't receive the level of service you were expecting. We're sorry to hear about the issues with your fridge and we'd like to see if we can help. Can you please email us at onlinecc@trailappliances.com with your phone number on file, or your customer number? Thank you.

Avtar in Surrey
Avtar in Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

New house

Absolutely terrible service by Richard the salesman, Lucky, store manager & Sampat from resolutions team. I bought appliance package for the whole house worth $40000.00 about a year ago. Got most of the appliances delivered 2 months ago. Suppose to give me fridge and freezer panels and handle in the package. Didn't give me those either.Dacor freezer didn't come with all the necessary parts, so it doesn't make ice. Bosch dishwasher didn't come with all the parts & power supplies. Fisher paykel dishwasher came damaged. My fault that it got installed like that. Now they don't want to get that sorted out. Not even repair it, Eventhough they gave me 2 year warranty on all appliances. No luck whatsoever after numerous emails and phone calls.
Now they don't even answer my phone calls, very disappointed. Would never recommend Trail appliances

Hi Avtar, thank you for reaching out. We received all your reviews and are aware of your situation. Thank you for your patience. Our staff are working with you to address the issues currently.

Douglas in Toronto
Douglas in Toronto
0 reviews Richmond, BC

Dreadful Customer Service

Update:
As of April 5, Trail has resolved my complaint and shipped me the correct, new parts for my fridge. While in the process of completing a new-build my dream home in Vancouver, I needed to purchase various kitchen and home appliances. As a proud Canadian and given the tough economic times for many business, I was committed to making my purchases through a local, Canadian business. Because of this, and because of the company’s claim to be a reputable “leading independent appliance retailer in Western Canada” – I chose to do business with Trail Appliances Ltd.
In August 2020 I purchased ~$20,000 of appliances from the Product Expert in the Richmond store. This order has taken over 8 months to fulfill. Given the pandemic and the supply chain limitations affecting businesses I have tried to be understanding. However one of the products – a fridge handle – was provided to me in a clearly damaged and used condition.
In December 2020 – a full 3 months after making the purchase – I was notified that the fridge handle had arrived, and so went to the Richmond store to pick it up. Note that at this time, the fridge itself had not arrived yet. The Sales Manager at first brought us the wrong product. Only upon my wife catching this error and calling him out on it, did he correct the issue and bring us the product with the correct model number. The Sales Manager then opened the box of the product in front of us, but did not bother to tear apart the plastic bubble wrap. Being trusting of the store’s reputation of excellent service and integrity, we did not bother to inspect further and took the unopened product home. Because the fridge itself had not arrived, due to delays in shipping, we did not bother to open the product. (Think about this from a rational perspective – why would we, who have no use for the fridge handles WITHOUT the fridge as well – have the need to open the product until the fridge arrives as well?)
Fast-forward to March 2021 – a full 8 months after making the purchase – and the fridge finally arrived. We opened the box with the fridge handles, and to our dismay found the product clearly damaged and used. When we contacted the Product Expert and the Sales Manager, they both claimed there was nothing that could be done. Through the entirety of this exhausting 8-month process, we have felt nothing but frustration, and having been diverted to dead-ends in the company’s archaic customer service process.
On multiple occasions, these individuals representing the Richmond store refused to take accountability for issues with my order. They would alternately ask me to raise the issue myself with the wholesaler (Whirlpool), who in turn informed me that it is in-fact the responsibility of the retail store. They also claimed that they logged a ticket with Whirlpool customer service – which upon a phone call to Whirlpool customer service, determined was false.
A cursory check across multiple sources will corroborate my claim that this company does not take customer issues seriously. On Better Business Bureau, Trail Appliances has a 1 (/5) star rating. On Yelp, the last 7 out of 10 customer reviews for Trail Appliances has been a 1 (/5) star rating. On Reseller Ratings, Trail Appliances has a 1 (/5) star rating.
As a business that has been in Canada for 47 years and who claims on their website to be “committed to providing unparalleled customer service”, I am truly disappointed in how Trail Appliances has done business, and has treated its customers. I urge this company to take accountability, and to address genuine issues raised by clients.

Hi Douglas, thank you for reaching out. We received all your reviews and we’re sorry to hear about the issues with your fridge and the interactions with our staff, and understand how frustrating that must be. We’d like to take a look into your case to see how we can help. Can you please email us at onlinecc@trailappliances.com with your phone number on file, or your customer number? Thank you.

Sassy1234
Sassy1234
1 review Richmond, BC

Fisher & Paykel Fridge delivered broken and I'm still trying to get it fixed 2 years later

Has anyone looked into getting some legal help? I was delivered a broken F&P fridge in 2018. Instead of replacing it, they had several technicians come and repair it. They also gave me a free extended 4 year warranty through Comerco. When I kept addressing the noice it was making when the water filled up the water tray (long grinding noise), the technicians kept telling me that it was normal. 6 months into the Trail warranty, my work installed that exact same fridge in a townhouse development we were working on and I discovered it was running quietly. I even had friends asking me why my fridge was making that noice (which I was told was normal) We had the filter replaced, water valve and compressor...eventually my warranty ran out and went to Comerco. I explained the issue I was having and because they were now handling it, they had to start ALL OVER! So I had the water valve and compressor replaced a second time without any success. Again that technician was trying to tell me it was normal, even though I had recorded a video of the noise. Now I'm waiting for someone to come and replace the filter which was already done too. They are basically refusing to just give me a new fridge and I'm lost on what to do. Any suggesting? Has anyone had a lawyer involved? I'm running out of ideas and it's now been 2 years...I've been listening to the same louse 3 times a day.

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about the ongoing issues with your fridge. We'd like to investigate your situation and see if there's anything we can do to help sort it out. Can you please email us at onlinecc@trailappliances.com with your customer number or phone number on file, and we'll look into it right away? Thank you.

Jenny in Burnaby
Jenny in Burnaby
6 reviews Vancouver, BC

iffy appliances

They delivered a broken dryer which was not tested before they left. The problem will be addressed eventually, but a lot of hassle could easily have been prevented simply by checking the appliance works before leaving.

Review has 1 previous version
Private User reviews Langley City, BC

stove purchase

My rating for this company is MINUS 5 out of plus 5! They do not deserve even zero.
PLEASE READ THIS, IT MAY SAVE YOUR TIME, MONEY AND FRUSTRATION.
In November 2019 I bought the stove at Trail Appliances store in Langley. Everybody there was nice and helpful. Six months later, on June 5th 2020, the stove stopped working.
It took me a week to get someone to tell me when the technician will come to fix it. First they couldn’t find my file, because the phone number didn’t match even though I gave them my full name and my address and my account number. They told me that with no correct phone number they will not be able to help me. It took me two days to find the other agent who actually found my file with no phone number. She said she will put my request on the file and she will email it to the technician. She said he will call me to make an appointment within 48 hrs. Nobody called. Five days later I called them. They said they have no idea why nobody calls us. My husband went to the store. He told them the stove is under manufacture warranty and it should be their priority to fix it as soon as possible. They did not care. They said that they only sell the products and somebody else is responsible for the repair.
Today is June 15th, my stove is not fixed and they told me that somebody will come to check it on June 24th.There is a possibility that they have to order the new part which will take around 2 more weeks. That means if we are lucky our stove will be fixed sometime in the middle of July 2020.
Would you like to buy any appliance from that store? Are you willing to wait 1.5 month to fix your appliance if it stopped working?
I will never ever buy anything from that store. They have a very bad rating. I wish I checked the reviews before I went there. I would rather go to Home Depot. They have much better service. They come within 2-3 days.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We’re sorry to hear about what’s happened with your stove. We understand that our Service and Repair team was able to expedite your repair, and have already reached out to you with that update. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to onlinecc@trailappliances.com if you need any other assistance.

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

Update kitchen appliances

Richard was attentive, helpful and very knowledgeable. He promptly dealt with our sale as there were potentially two buyers for the dishwasher. We were very happy with our purchase. He was kind, pleasant and efficient.

Private User reviews Langley, BC

A great experience

In the last 11 years we have needed all new appliances for 4 homes . . We bought all of our appliances from Trail & have always been satisfied with the friendly (but not gushy) salespeople there. This time we met Richard . He was a nice well mannered very quiet man, but then he took off and His product knowledge, down to the smallest detail of all the comparable appliances that I was looking at was remarkable. We never felt pushed, but he listened to what I was saying and in the end explained and showed me exactly what I was looking for. This man is a professional, takes his job seriously, definitely knows his product and is very good at his job. We liked Richard. We would not only recommend Trail Appliances....but would recommend you ask for Richard .
N & R Bernier
( I'm not his Mother)

NS in Langley
NS in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

washer and Dryer

Horrible customer service! Bought a washer and dryer from them and ended up just getting a refund because they kept rescheduling the delivery date even though it was already a week later than their listed delivery date and three weeks after it was bought. And we received no apology or attempt to remedy the situation. Will never purchase anything from them.

Thank you for your feedback, and we're very sorry to hear about the frustration you felt with all the delays in delivery. We've received your feedback through other channels as well, and we would very much like to look into this situation to see what happened with your order and what we could do to ensure a better experience for customers in the future. If you don't mind sharing, can you email us your contact details at onlinecc@trailappliances.com? Thank you!

More about Trail Appliances

Trail Appliances BC offers Western Canada’s largest selection of home and kitchen appliances. Experience the Trail Difference with our expert sales staff and unparalleled customer service today! In Vancouver, Richmond, Olympic Village, North Vancouver, Surrey, Cloverdale, Coquitlam, Abbotsford, Kelowna, Victoria, Nanaimo and Annacis Island.
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Langley?