This is also posted on other review sites to ensure other customers do not have the same experience.
Summary: Inconsistent expectation communicated regarding delivery date process and procedures. Delivery team tries to blame the customer. Not following COVID guideline. Not following building policy. Inadequate installation skill left paddle of water and asked the customer to clean it up. Didn't remove packing material. Unpleasant experience overall.
This is the series of events - all transcripts, call logs, VMs are available at request.
10/6 01:59 PM - Purchase made online with a very helpful associate.
10/6 04:19 PM - Trail received payment and indicated in email "Our delivery team will call you on the morning of delivery to provide an ETA and will call once more an hour prior to arriving."
10/9 08:04 AM - Trail delivery called and left VM indicating "appliances to be delivered between 9 to 11:30. If you have any questions, call me back. Thank you"
10/9 11:30 AM - no delivery. Call made to Trail head office. Was told our location is the 4th delivery of the day and should expect delay. The agent would contact the delivery team and provide an update.
10/9 12:38 PM - No contact from delivery team nor Trail head office. Called made to the number that left the delivery VM earlier in the day (presumably the delivery team)but no one picked up
10/9 12:40 PM - Delivery team called back, indicating they have tried calling several times and tried buzzer but no one answered. They were on the way back to the warehouse and requesting us to reschedule. Note: The buzzer number was not given to the delivery team and there's no missed call on my phone.
10/9 12:43 PM - Called made to Trail head office. The agent, Divya, attempted to reach out to the delivery team while on the call with me but they are not reachable.
10/9 01:21 PM - Divya called back indicating she had talked to the delivery team. The delivery team claimed they tried calling several times with no answer. Divya asked them to return and make the delivery on that day.
10/9 02:26 PM - Delivery team arrived.
- One of the delivery man shouting about me not answering the call and made them turn back. I indicated the only call I received said "if you have any questions, call me back". I did not have any questions and therefore why would I call back. The delivery man shouted "it's a common courtesy to always call back" Note: as contrary to the email confirmation when I purchase the item, there is no second call within an hour before delivery. Furthermore, if the delivery is expected to delivery to me and did not hear anything back, a logic thing to do is to call again.
- I offered to move on from the issue as I see what had been an misunderstanding. The delivery man said "I don't accept your apology and this is not right" (note: no apology was even offered as I did not believe I was in the wrong)
- While unboxing the dryer and getting ready, the delivery man left the washer standing outside in the pouring rain.
- Against building concierge's request and building policy to load one machine into the elevator at the time, the delivery team decided to pack both machines into one elevator
- the delivery man entered my apartment - both with shoes on and one WITHOUT MASK
- While removing the old washer/dryer, they did not turn off the water vault and left a paddle of water on the floor. "Would you like to clean that up before we install the new unit?" is what they offered to me.
- Unit installed, but with packing material left everywhere; I was forced to sign the pre/post inspection as "all okay" since I do not want any further damage in my unit.
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
Hello, thank you for reaching out to share your experience. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our delivery team didn’t go as smoothly as your experience with our Product Experts. Although we strive for great service with each and every delivery, it sounds like we weren’t able to provide it in your case. We understand you spoke with our delivery manager, who apologized and would use this as a learning experience for the delivery team. We hope that you'll try us again in the future so we can exceed your expectations at all touch points.