The company has finished sod installation and it looked nice at the beginning I have also installed the sprinkler system. Lawn has been watered every morning according to instructions..
But after couple of months grass was in very poor condition.
I’ve asked around about the sodding . It was bad quality of sod.
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
The sod we installed for your property was a fresh lift of Kentucky Bluegrass Sod, purchased from an authorized dealer for JOHN VANDERWOUDE Sod farms. This sod type performs optimally in southern Ontario climate, as it is a harvest hardy fresh cut sod, free of any weeds and bad grass.
Potential reason(s) for the sod dying can be:
1) Over- Watering, can make the new sod more vulnerable to damage from disease, fungus and insects.
2) Watering at night, the lack of evaporation provides time for the pathogens to infiltrate the grass.
3) Contaminated soil prior to installing the sod.
4) Mowing/Cutting the grass too short .
5) Under-watering the lawn.
As a valued customer to us, We would appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue for you.
Please feel free to contact us via email or by phone.