Drainrock Industries

Jim
Jim
1 review Surrey, BC

Flooded Crawlspace

During the successive 'atmospheric river' rain storms (late November of 2021) my crawlspace flooded. We reached out to friends and neighbours for recommendations, and spent a lot of time on Google. As water in your crawlspace or basement is never good, and the source is typically underground, as a homeowner, it is difficult to know what the problem is and who to trust. We spent a lot of time on Google researching things we knew little about: drain tile systems, sumps, blockages and collapsed pipes. I also could not find the sump on my property and the City of Surrey file registry only had vague information (home was built in early 1980s).

We contacted a lot of drainage/plumbing companies and several said things like, "it is difficult to know...but it could cost from $15,000 to $80,000." Virtually every company wanted several $hundreds just to show up and/or charged for 'travel time', and would not be able to come for several days.

I discovered Drainrock Industries online and noted that they had excellent reviews. When I contacted the company (online), their response was within a couple of hours. I spoke with the owner (Bob) and he was calm and reassuring and he responded on a Saturday morning. He also wanted my address so that he could check for property plans (sewer and drainage utilities) from the City of Surrey. Bob was the only company contacted that took this extra step.

Drainrock foreman Rylan came to my home early on Monday morning and phoned me first to say that he was on the way. Rylan patiently listened to my concerns and began to manually probe for the sump and he found it within 10 minutes (note - I hired another plumber earlier and he could not find it, and was looking in such unlikely places that I asked him to leave early). With the concrete sump lid open, Rylan then diagnosed the problem and said he would be back the next day to flush line that ran from my property to the City storm system, and run his camera through the lines. He explained that he would also flush my entire draintile system. Rylan called later the same day and said he could fit me in that same afternoon as another job in the area had finished earlier than expected.

Rylan and Justin arrived exactly when they said they would and went to work. They flushed my lines, showed me the camera as it was working in my pipes, including a blockage (where my line met the city line), and they flushed the iron build up). Both men were professional, personable and knowledgeable and, from a homeowner's perspective, very honest.

The entire experience shifted from being very stressful (e.g., pumping water out of my crawlspace late at night, anticipating huge costs, etc.,) to manageable due to the incredibly professional, knowledgeable, reliable and honest service provided by Drainrock Industries.

If you have water in your basement or crawlspace or dealing with significant drainage issues, call Drainrock first. This is what they do - from a simpler line flush or camera inspection to a more complex excavation and repair or replacement solution, you will have peace of mind knowing that you are getting excellent, skilled and honest service at a very fair price, and from good people with integrity (who know what they are doing). I could not be happier with the service received from Drainrock, during difficult and wet conditions. Thank you Bob, Rylan and Justin - you exceeded my expectations and I am genuinely grateful.

"Atmospheric rivers" is the drainage term of 2021!
In the 30 years that we have been servicing, repairing and replacing perimeter drainage, we have never seen this much precipitation and how impacting it has been. We understand the stress that comes with the unknown of water ingress, where does it come from, how do we fix it, and how much will it cost. Taking an educated approach by using municipal records, finding your storm sump, and an onsite visit all help us with becoming educated about your problem and providing a viable solution. We are very grateful for you taking the time to describe your experience and hopefully it will help others in understanding what they should expect, not just from Drainrock Industries, but from other drainage companies as well.

hydro flush and sump drainage

It was nice dealing with a business that is family owned and run. They treated my house like it was theirs. They answered all my questions and left me feeling confident in their work. They found an issue and dealt with it, alleviating a blockage that would have in the near future surely backed up and flooded my basement. Very professional!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with Drainrock Industries. I guess we could say that not all flushes are created equal. As our crew worked around your home servicing your perimeter drainage system, all was normal with iron oxide being removed and brought back to the sump. The outgoing line from the sump to the municipal connection was only 40' in length. A final water test after our service identified a blockage in the outgoing line on the municipal side that was 136' from the sump and under the road. The City of Coquitlam showed up promptly and worked with our crew to clear the blockage on their side and we video inspected for assurance. Sincerely, Drainrock Industries.

Kevin in Surrey
Kevin in Surrey
0 reviews Abbotsford, BC

Drainrock is the best!!!

I was dealing with an issue in my basement where water seemed to be coming in slowly. I hired a plumber to come in and have a look and they charged me a fair chunk just to tell me it was I drain tile issue. So I contacted Bob at Drainrock who came out straight away to have a look and he gave me some advice just to make sure the issue I was having was related to drain tile. He told me to remove a bunch of gyprock to see where the water was coming in from and send him pictures. He came back and had to look with me and turns out the problem was not coming from the drain tile but from a pipe further up. That means the plumber was wrong. Bob didn't charge me for the inspections he was only going to assess and make sure the issue required his services. If upon that second inspection it indicated it was a drain tile issue, he would have been came back with scopes to look through the drains in our area to see if all it needed was a cleaning before moving on to the next step. He was a consummate professional, super friendly and wasn't in it just to make the money... he wanted to make sure he was delivering the right service. I cannot recommend this company enough!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our company. Water ingress challenges can be difficult to diagnose and the more information we can gather the more accurate the assessment. It is important to determine if ground water is building up and entering through the cold joint between the wall and floor or if water is being hydraulically forced through the foundation. In your case, the removal of drywall and access to the wall helped in identifying the problem. We are always happy to help assess and we are even happier to report that the problem was not in fact related to perimeter drainage or your foundation, but a 2" interior plumbing line that came from upstairs and was broken under the floor slab. This line would leak water and flood a corner of the basement whenever the upstairs sink was used. The great news is that this is covered by your insurance policy and your basement can be put back to normal. Drainrock Industries thanks you for your kind words.

Lok
Lok
0 reviews Port Moody, BC

Hydroflush - clearing a blocked perimeter drain and sum pump clean

Sump Dump was cleaned out and drainage perimeter was flushed clear and cleaned - works perfectly now! Justin and his trainee was exceptional, professional and very knowledgeable. They took their time to educate me on the entire drainage system and upkeep for my house. After 15+ years of neglect from previous owners, they pulled out a 12+ feet of roots clogging my drains - Wowza! what a shocker to see the monter-size roots! Bob was quick to come by for a quote and consult and the work was done shortly after. They are all around good people with a passion for what they do. Would highly recommend them to anyone! You MUST call this family-owned and operated business first - will be the best money you will spend on your home!

Thank you for taking time to share you experience about Drainrock Industries. Your situation is like many others. For new homeowners not knowing where the sump is and if the perimeter drainage has been serviced is a mystery. Shortly after moving in you found an overflowing downspout and called us to investigate. Our crew found the sump, hydro flushed the drainage system, removed roots and debris and then video inspected to ensure the system is in working order. Justin is a very important part of our business and most importantly our son. Your kind words about our crew are deeply appreciated. All of us at Drainrock thank you for your business.

Dave
Dave
8 reviews White Rock, BC

Good Job Done

We recently contracted Drainrock to help us repair and flush blocked patio and perimeter drains.
Our front patio has a central drain that turns into a lake whenever it rains. After several years and many attempts to clear the connected "Big-O" pipes (which I personally think should be banned from use), I decided to replace an old 30 foot section with new 4 inch PVC pipe. Drainrock (Bob), came to discuss the work and provide a quote. The following week, two of his crew (Brendan and Nick) spent a day digging, installing new pipe, and doing a very thorough job of cleaning all the perimeter pipes on that side of the house.
We couldn't be more pleased to have the work done and the way they did it. Being a bit picky about quality work and value, I tend to expect something to go haywire but every step of the process went smoothly, and all of the Drainrock people were easy to work with and helped make the job a success.
The only minor glitch was with a missing connector they needed for their flushing pump but Brendan was able to find a substitute part and it didn't cause any significant delay.
If we have any other drainage related problems in future, Drainrock will be our first choice and we are happy to recommend them to others.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Drainrock Industries. Our crews are experienced in hydro flushing, video inspection, drainage repair and solving all drainage issues. From time to time equipment can let us down and having the knowledge to repair onsite is important to completing our work in a timely manner while maintaining our schedule. Brendan and Nick are important parts of our business and your kind words are greatly appreciated. All of us at Drainrock Industries thank you.

Gordon G.
Gordon G.
11 reviews Vancouver, BC

Replace perimeter drains

Five years ago our basement flooded and Drainrock responded very quickly for cleanup and installation of an outdoor sump. They also did a video inspection of our 80-year-old perimeter drainage. Finding several broken or cracked tiles, they said the system would still function but suggested a complete replacement when possible. That project has just been completed.

Bob Wilde's quote included an estimate of 10 days, and they were finished on day 9. The project was fully done to code and passed a City inspection with no problems.

We've lived in the house 28 years so there's a lot of plants that could have been damaged during trenching, but we were most impressed with the care they took to work around them. In our estimation, Drainrock minimized plant loss about as much as was possible.

Our second project with Drainrock Industries was just as satisfactory as the first one five years ago, and we fully recommend them.

Thank you Gordon for taking the time to write your review about your experience wit Drainrock. It has certainly been difficult managing our crews during the Covid 19 pandemic and maintaining safety while keeping up with production. It is the quality of the hard working people in our company that deserve a huge thank you. As the owner, a huge thank you to all our customers and especially our crews for doing great work.
Sincerely
Bob Wilde

Marty & Sheila from Maple Ridge
Marty & Sheila from Maple Ridge
4 reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Great company

Having used Drainrock in the past, and being highly impressed with their work, Bob was the first one we called when we found water leaking into our basement crawl space. Bob came out and had a look, and since we knew from their past inspection that we had some issues with the perimeter drains on the north side of the house, it was decided the best idea was to replace the drains on that side.
The crew, which included Bob’s sons, arrived a couple of days later. They replaced all the crushed and plugged Big O piping with PVC. They also repaired some cracks in the foundation, dampproofed the wall, and then installed Dimple board to provide a completely waterproof wall. After they refilled the trench, they flushed out the entire system and then dealt with a couple of other issues we had.
We were highly impressed again with the workmanship and the finished product, but what impressed us even more was the crew themselves. They were all hardworking, polite, and respectful young men.
Bob and Vanessa, you should be very proud of not only your sons, but also the rest of your crew as well. What a great group of guys.
We have already, and will continue to recommend this great family business to everyone we can.

Thank you Marty and Shiela for your kind words. Far more than business is my appreciation for your words about our sons. They grew up in this business working around school and have been at it full time for 10 years. They have grown into the young men that we have hoped they would and are not just the future, but the present of this business. Rylan, Brendan, and Justin are all onsite daily to solve peoples water challenges. From all of us at Drainrock Industries, thank you.

shayna
shayna
1 review Langley City, BC

Drainage, flooding issues

We were having some major flooding issues inside our building. We contacted Drainrock Industries for a quotation. They came out and surveyed the issues, issued a quotation and we approved the work. Their crew showed up on time, resolved the one issue we had to our great satisfaction. We then had them come back for another issue and it was also solved to our great satisfaction. Crew and owner are awesome people that take time to explain everything. Would recommend them to anyone needing repairs. Very reliable, dependable, friendly.

Thank you for your kind review about our family business. It is the most rewarding part of this business to know that we have been able to help people through this tough time. Covid has caused stress and anxiety for all of us, but we are thankful that we were able to develop a safe plan to work and help people with their water ingress problems. From all of us at Drainrock Industries, we thank you.

Private User reviews Burnaby, BC

Drain tiles

Had called Drainrock ind to solve a water leak in my basement that another company (Drainmaster)couldn't resolve. Drainrock took care of the issue discovering drainmaster did not do a proper job.I highly recommend Drainrock Ind and never will use the highly and most advertised companies. Very professional by Drainrock Industries

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience with Drainrock Industries. You were referred to us through a friend of yours that had previously used our services and was happy to share thier experience. Unfortunately, the first drainage contractor you hired did not measure floor height elevations and installed new perforated PVC drainage approximately 10" above the height of the floor slab in the basement. Perimeter drain tile is intended to be installed with the top of the pipe below the bottom of the floor slab at the high point of the system, controlling the water table and preventing water ingress. From all of us at Drainrock Industries we thank you.

Trevor in New Westminster
Trevor in New Westminster
0 reviews New Westminster, BC

Excellent Experience!

I had significant problems with Drainage issues at my Father's House. Bob at Drainrock was highly recommended.

Bob went above and beyond to not only to fix the issue, but also made recommendations on who to contact for complete repairs. He even volunteered to speak with the potential buyer to put them at ease.

Bob is one of those individuals who immediately puts you at ease with his many years of experience and knowledgeable assessment of the issues. He immediately gave me a confidence level that he knew exactly what needed to be done. He was also as good as his word with respect to arriving on time and on budget! I would highly recommend Bob and his team at Drainrock! Trevor

Thank you for your kinds words about our family business. We are more than happy to be of assistance with selling your families home.

More about Drainrock Industries

Drainrock Industries is your trusted family owned and operated company that specializes in doing the job RIGHT the first time. Their team can correctly diagnose and repair problem areas such as: flooded homes/basements and crawlspaces, cracked foundations, soggy or wet back yards, settled concrete and water intrusion. They assess the problem area and give a retailed analysis on the root of the problem with the aid of a video inspection camera and hydro flushing equipment. Then they outline a solution and implement it to permanently fix the problem.