Classic Products Metal Roofing Systems

Classic Products Metal Roofing Systems

Reviews for Classic Products Metal Roofing Systems

StacyC in Mississauga
StacyC in Mississauga

Amazing Company! Amazing Product!

What can I say? This company is amazing! The product is amazing! The people that work for this company are amazing! Thank you sincerely, Darryl, Ken, Candice and everyone else! You stand behind what you sell and you stand behind your workmanship! I could not ask for anything more!
I have to admit, we got our roof, before Darryl took over the company. We had to call them up, because we were doing renovations and we were having a problem in one area of the roof, too. I am SO HAPPY Darryl has the company now! Like I said, The people that work for this company are AMAZING and the product is AMAZING too!
Truly, thank you for everything! Stacy Cymbalisty

Thank you for the review, we are so glad you are happy with your new metal roof! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Thanks Darryl

c. h.
c. h.

Terrific roofing company

We just purchased a metal roof from Classic Products and couldn't be happier. The website has a lot of helpful information to make a good purchase decision and the showroom gives you a close up idea of the how the products look up close. The office, sales and installation staff were great and the installation was completed within the promised timelines. Highly recommend Classic if you're looking for a quality metal roof!

Doug in Newmarket
Doug in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Roofing addition

You need to be able to trust the contractor and that is why I would recommend Darryl and his team. We had put an addition on our house and had no success in getting the company that had reroofed our house three years ago to come back and do the addition. Darryl and his team stepped in and helped solve the problem even though they had not created it. Their work was top quality however even more important was their integrity! If you are looking for top quality and trustworthy then These are your guys.

Thank you for the review Doug, we are so glad you are happy with your new metal roof! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Thanks Darryl

Karen
Karen

Roof replacement

Decided that it was time to replace my roof.
I made the decision to get a metal roof.
I decided on Classic Products Metal Roofing Systems, after reviewing other companies and getting quotes.
I could not be happier with my decision.
Everyone at Classic Products Metal Roofing Systems were professional. I am really pleased with my roof.

Private User reviews Chatham Kent, ON

Steel roof

I was extremely satisfied with the work that was done. The people who did the work were there on time from the quote to the actual work. They were on time and cleaned up when they were finished. Actually did recommend them to someone I know.

10100522mine in Jerseyville
10100522mine in Jerseyville
1 review Hamilton, ON

Beautiful Metal Roof

We could not have asked for a more professional, and personal, experience. The timelines were met, the quality of product was great, and the workmanship was incredible. It was truly a pleasure doing business with Classic.

Nathalie in Toronto
Nathalie in Toronto

Love the product; many ups and downs in the process but happy in the end

Had a metal roof installed 2 years ago and have gone back and forth as to whether or not to post a review. I feel both the good and the bad need to be out there and each person can make up their own mind. Maybe we got (un)lucky with all of our problems.

Pros:
Crew was efficient, fast and even worked with a storm rolling in.
Looks great (minus the dormers that can't be completed despite Patrick's—Classic salesperson—assurance that this would not be a problem to have done after).
No raccoons and squirrels on our roof since we got it.
Got a reduction on our home insurance.
Got a grant from the City of Toronto for having an eco-roof/cool roof.
Have noticed a difference in our house's heating and cooling. Our third floor is nice and warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I work from home and, in the summers, I would not be able to work on the third floor as it got too hot. These past two summers, not only was I able to work from the third floor, I didn't have to turn on the air conditioning until much later in the season than I normally would.
Ken from Classic was a *huge* help in finishing up all the little detail stuff that should have been done in the beginning. Not sure if he is still there.
Great (and true) lifetime warranty.

Cons:
Poor communication; weeks between updates (usually involving me reaching out).
Lack of attention to detail: the front lip of the window in the front versus the back of the house was not done the same way (minor, but, again, attention to detail; makes one wonder what else is getting missed); incorrect number of skylights indicated on the quote; wrong type of skylight indicated (despite the salesman being on our roof for a long time); poor cleaning done: had to come back to pick up lots of metal bits in our eavestroughs (months later; delay only partly due to weather—not 3 months' worth) — years later and I am still finding very sharp bits of metal in our garden—be careful if you have kids and/or pets.
Misled by salesperson on several issues. One of them being that we would have no trouble finding someone to add aluminum cladding to our dormers (over the shingles). So far, no one wants to come and work on a metal roof, and when we ask for advice from Classic, we receive no response. So our house looks incomplete from the front and the back. When people ask us about our roof, they always ask about the dormers and why they were left like that. Not good advertising for the end product, unfortunately. Update to the dormers—we ended up having Classic do the dormers at a much higher cost as no other roofing company wanted to go on the metal roof); another issue we were misled on was the need for snowguards. I specifically asked about the closeness of our house to our neighbour's and was assured I did not need them. This is completely false and we had to have some installed after the fact (by Classic). And they are still not enough to stop the snow from damaging our neighbour's property.

When problems happen is when a company's true colours come out. Some of the problems could not have been avoided; others definitely could have. Still, this is no excuse for leaving the customer in the dark.

I would not recommend a metal roof if you already have skylights (unless you plan on replacing them). Ours had to be replaced (at Classic's cost; we paid for labour) and as much as they look great from the outside, again, the flashing and attention to detail on the inside are not great. I will have to take some of the flashing off and paint the wood framing that is showing through myself.

I would also not recommend if your house is very close to your neighbour's (ours is about 3 feet away from our neighbour's). The snow falling off our roof (even with snowguards) has caused damage to our neighbour's windows and front porch railing and roof. They now have to place outside protection on their windows in the winter in order to avoid further damage. As well, with all the snow falling from our roof now (instead of staying on the roof), it renders the passageway between our two houses unuseable in the winter due to the amount of snow that falls between the houses and the speed at which the snow comes down.

I wanted to give Classic a glowing review but for the many reasons above, I cannot. It is a shame as I love the product and many of our neighbours have commented on how good it looks.

Another update—this past summer, when we had very high winds (90-100 km/h), we had some of our aluminum shingles fly off. This should not have happened as they are guaranteed to withstand winds up to 193 km/h. These shingles are super light but also super sharp. If they land flat on someone, no problem, but if they land on their sides, they are razor-sharp! Classic crew came within a week and fixed the shingles (labour and materials were completely covered by their excellent warranty), though when we emailed them asking them about details of what was done and if they had checked more of the roof for damage, we received no response.

2020 update:
We finally had snow rails installed in 2019 in order to try and stem the flow of snow coming off our roof (this on top of our snow guards, which were not very helpful). These have greatly helped; however, the snow still falls between our house and our neighbour's and requires a lot more snow clearing than in the past, it just doesn't fall at a dangerous speed anymore. The thing with metal roofs is that the snow has to come off—that's the whole point; the speed at which it does can be an issue. I would recommend snow rails for any roof under which people walk.

Darryl at Classics was instrumental at sourcing these rails for our metal roof. He never gave up (even when we thought he had) until we were fully satisfied, even though it took a few years. We are now very happy with our metal roof and our snow rails. Companies will often ignore/drop a customer when there are problems but Darryl showed that he/his company will not give up until everything is perfect. Thank you, Darryl!

Review has 1 previous version

Sorry for the delay in replying to you about the snow guards. I was off due to my health. The new style guards will be in shortly as agreed. Thanks Darryl

Abee in
Abee in

Small metal office roof before diong the main biulding

The roof was a month late and the work was done improperly. The salesmen / owner said it was correct( four times ) without even looking at it. Buyer beware.

We regret that we were not able to satisfy your needs. As/per our agreement the issue has been resolved. Note: We have since removed roof material in question and issued a full refund as agreed with homeowner. Pictures of his garden shed were sent to the manufacturer and deemed to be installed to correct specifications. However, homeowner was not satisfied with the cosmetic look. We stand by our installations and customer satisfaction.

Jor from East York
Jor from East York

New Metal Roof

I waited a few months to write my review because I wanted to see how the roof fared through the winter. No issues with rain or snow. Just make sure you get enough snow guards. It's a good product which sells itself so the sales pitch is no-pressure and informative. If you're worried about noise from rain, don't be. We noticed no difference from asphalt. The staff were all exceptional: very professional, responsive to inquiries (even replying to emails after hours), and very quick to resolve issues (of which there was only a minor one that they corrected immediately). Great company with folks that work in good faith to sell, install, and service a solid product that they believe in. It was only a little bit more expensive than asphalt. All my neighbour's are on their second and third roofs now; while previous owners replaced my roof at least twice in 15 years, this one is my first and last. Highly recommended!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback!

SB, GTA
SB, GTA

New, Permanent Metal Roofing - Thumbs up! Great experience, Great Buy! Highly recommended!

First if all its no small feat to shell out tens of thousands of dollars on home Reno projects; but when you do you want to know it's appreciated and that you are treated with some respect as the person dolling out the doh! In this regard, I had nothing but an extremely professional and pleasant experience with Pat Bolger, the sales rep for this company. Whilst there was no pressure; he knew his stuff.

I needed a new roof to replace my 10 year old decrepit shingles. I wanted something more permanent and was ready to invest into a lifelong solution for my investment property. I researched the companies around and got several quotes, I decided to go with Classic Roofing.
Pat came to my home in Scarborough at the time to present his company to me. A week later I let him know I was going with him. Once the deposit was paid it took about a week to complete the job. Their installation staff were great as well and very accommodating, and did everything I requested of them.

The site was left clean and the home stands out in the crowd. Great product! Great service! Wonderful employees! I would definitely use them again and recommend them! Kudos!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback!

More about Classic Products Metal Roofing Systems

CLASSIC® Products Roofing Systems are the experts in Permanent Metal Roofing. All of our High Performance Metal Roofs come with a True Lifetime Warranty - that is Non Pro-Rated and Transferable for 40 Years. Our Hi-Flow attic vents and Smart Home Energy Control System you can save up to 25% ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Mississauga?