AMJ Campbell Movers, Moving and Storage

AMJ Campbell Movers, Moving and Storage

Giving Back Award winnerGiving Back Awardwinner

Reviews for AMJ Campbell Movers, Moving and Storage

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

Move from vancouver to calgary

We were very disappointed with the company. Ten years ago we used them to move from Florida to Vancouver. It was a perfect move with only a small nick in a table which was repaired immediately. There were four men including a very experienced driver. What a difference ten years makes! Two young women showed late to pack. One didnt speak English so any box she packed was marked kitchenware or master bedroom. Some of the boxes were over packed and too heavy resulting in breakage. When the driver finally showed up at our new home he was alone. He explained he had three jobs that day and the other men were coming. He unpacked alone for 11/2 hours. Two exhausted men finally showed up. So with no protection for brand new carpeting it took 6 hours to unload a 2 bedroom apartment. The master bed was not put together for 3 days as it took that amount of time to find the hardware for the bed. The company demanded payment within 24 hours and would not look at complaints or claims until payment was made. The one positive in this move is full compensation was made within two weeks. I assume they must payout claims on a regular basis and probably assume they are still making a profit. However this doesnt make up for two months of stress and sleepless nights. I will never recommend Campbell again!

Hi, we appreciated your constructive criticism. While our industry as with all industries are battling labour shortages we are continuing to strive to provide exceptional service to the moving consumer….we appreciate the recognition that all outstanding issues were dealt with in an expeditious manner.

JOHN in Abbotsford
JOHN in Abbotsford
0 reviews Dewdney, BC

Missing item and bad Customer Service

Lost my son's Lego Millenium Falcon in the original shipping box worth $899 plus tax and shipping. It was loaded in the mover's truck carried by the truck driver himself, the driver inquired what's in the box although the shipping box has big bold Lego printed on it. The Lego didn't reach the destination which is our new house. My wife phoned customer service and the answer we always get is it's not in the truck. Of course you won't find it in the truck because it was taken and was not delivered. I will never recommend this mover to anybody.

HI John, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We apologize in advance if your experience has been less than what we intended, and can assure you that your concerns are taken seriously. We will begin a process to review and resolve your concern immediately and should you have any additional information that you would like to provide, please send directly to me at customercommunications@amjcampbell.com - Charlotte

M from Calgary
M from Calgary

Worst Move Ever

Have done 6 moves and this is the worst ever. Lots of damages, broken items. My claim was denied so not only did I pay for move but also for damages incurred by the movers.

Hi "M" Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We apologize in advance if your experience has been less than what we intended, and can assure you that your concerns are taken seriously. We will begin a process to review and resolve your concern immediately and should you have any additional information that you would like to provide, please send directly to me at customercommunications@amjcampbell.com

NKaufman
NKaufman
1 review Montreal,

Move out of Montreal to the countryside

I wanted to leave a review as this move was the BEST move I have ever had - and I've moved a lot! The whole experience from beginning to end was fantastic. The guys showed up at 8:30 am on a Wednesday morning and put their festive music on to get them in the mood, and evidently us as well! Super professional, fast, hard working and such great guys! Having the Mexican/Colombian crew was brilliant. Love them all! Thank you so much!

Hi NKaufman! Thank you for choosing AMJ and leaving us this wonderful review. We are pleased to hear about your 5-star experience with us and our team. Wishing you all the best - Charlotte

Bridget
Bridget

Moving company

No one should ever use this company - as the truck left it backed into, and knocked down, a masonry stone garden wall: after a year of trying with dozens of phone call and back and forth of excuses AMJ refuse to accept any responsibility - not trustworthy or acting in good faith - 100% go with someone else if you can !

Hi Bridget,

Polina in
Polina in

Delivery of night mare from west elm

Unfortunately, I was stuck using this company as a white glove delivery service contracted by West Elm. AmJ lacks customer service and professionalism. They cannot do the only job they are paid to do which is to deliver furniture. Either, they deliver partial orders, forgotten couches or forgotten headboard of beds, or they don't deliver anything at all after calling them and scheduling deliveries. When calling customer service, they are acting unprofessional where deliveries get scheduled but no confirmation is being sent and no record of this conversation is kept. The clercs that answer the phone and who specialize jn the west elm furniture deliveries don't call back and even hang up the calls not wanting to take initiative and fix the issues. I have called West Elm and notified them of this lack of professionalism on their end. West Elm will loose me as a customer if they keep using this company for delivery.

Hi Polina, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We apologize in advance if your experience has been less than what we intended, and can assure you that your concerns are taken seriously. We would like to begin a process to review and resolve your concern immediately, however, we are unable to see what city your service took place in. Can you please send me an email with all your details at customercommunications@amjcampbell.com

Tarek in Ottawa
Tarek in Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Disappointed with my recent move

Disappointed with my recent move. Foreman was rude and non-cooperative, cursed constantly and pretended not to hear requests. The crew seemed to take excessive breaks. Significant damage to areas of the home, pieces of furniture and household items. Items were left at incorrect locations. The crew left garbage behind. Definitely not worth the high cost. After tremendous effort, I was able to get a tiny partial refund.

Hi Tarek, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We apologize in advance if your experience has been less than what we intended, and can assure you that your concerns are taken seriously. We will begin a process to review and resolve your concern immediately and should you have any additional information that you would like to provide, please send directly to me at customercommunications@amjcampbell.com

Tracey Hamilton
Tracey Hamilton

Furniture delivery & White Glove service

We purchased a bedroom set from Urban Barn & chose the option to have it delivered & setup. AMJ Campbell was the company that Urban Barn uses for their white glove delivery service. I received several updates on our order status before the delivery date & confirmation of the time window the day before delivery. The furniture arrived on time & Raymond & Prince did a fantastic job of setting it up & assembling the bed. They were very careful not to scratch my floors or ding my walls & they removed & took away all of the packaging. They even put felt protectors (supplied by me) on all of the legs so that if we needed to move the furniture in the future, we would not scratch the floors.
Thank You AMJ Campbell for the great service!

Hi Tracey! Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so pleased to hear about your experience with us and hope you are enjoying that bedroom set! We wish you all the best! - Charlotte

Nadine in Toronto
Nadine in Toronto

Bad estimate on size of truck with no compensation... VERY POOR

A truck arrived and the crew started to load, however once it became evident everything wouldn't fit, the crew slowed down to try and work it out. Eventually we waited for a second truck and an 8 hour move turned into a 14 3/4 hour move at our expense. No compensation for their error.

Hi Nadine, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We apologize in advance if your experience has been less than what we intended, and can assure you that your concerns are taken seriously. We will begin a process to review and resolve your concern immediately and should you have any additional information that you would like to provide, please send directly to me at customercommunications@amjcampbell.com

Private User reviews Parksville, BC

Waiting for a bed to be delivered

AMJ Deliveries call Me last Friday to book bed delivery for today (Tues) before 12:15, call me at 11:30, tell me problems with truck, new delivery Sat. I ask where bed is now, they say Victoria (2 hours away). I ask why are the calling now and not earlier? Clearly they weren't going to meet delivery schedule. No answer, just told beyond their control. Ok, I get that trucks break down but maybe rent a truck? Call client once you realize there are problems? Completely unacceptable. I now have no bed to sleep in for 4 days. Earlier notice and this could have been avoided! Not impressed. I pray they show up on Sat.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We apologize in advance if your experience has been less than what we intended, and can assure you that your concerns are taken seriously. We will begin a process to review and resolve your concern immediately. Can you please email me with your name and contact information to customercommunications@amjcampbell.com

More about AMJ Campbell Movers, Moving and Storage

AMJ Campbell Movers, Moving and Storage have been moving people into their new homes since 1934. With 80 years of experience, your next best move should be with Canada's largest mover. AMJ Campbell Movers, Moving and Storage. Visit http://www.amjbc.ca/

Services:Local and Long Distance Residential Moving, International Moving, Packing, Unpacking & Put Away Services, Short and Long Term Storage, Express Vault Moves, Office and Industrial Moving, Corporate Relocations, Supplier of Packing Materials