Horizon Plumbing And Piping Systems

Richard
Richard
8 reviews Ottawa, ON

Dishwasher and Moen FLO installation

We purchased a newly-built home in Ottawa and required installation of a new dishwasher as well as a Moen FLO water monitoring / shut-off device. I found Horizon's information through HomeStars and requested an appointment. Response was very quick and professional. We booked the appointment and then, due to issues around our move and appliance delivery, had to reschedule. Horizon responded very quickly and rebooked a new appointment within a few days of the original appointment, despite them being very busy.
The plumber showed up exactly on time and set to work. He was friendly, professional and quick. The installation of both units was completed and cost less than the quoted estimate.
Overall, communication and performance was excellent. I strongly recommend Horizon for your next plumbing job.

Thank you for the kind review Richard!! :)

Lisa
Lisa

Kitchen and Bathroom Repairs

Very courteous and efficient service and quick response time is really appreciated especially knowing right now a lot of trades are quite busy. I truly appreciate them offering options for my recent bathroom fix and then accommodating a next day service for kitchen fix 4 days prior to Christmas. I have used Horizon in the past and would highly recommend using their services.

Thank you so much Lisa, always a pleasure assisting you with your plumbing needs. Happy Holidays!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

New Toilet Installation

After reading all the great reviews, I chose them and they were perfect. The new toilet was expensive - my choice - but their service fee was reasonable. They promptly answered all my inquiries, ordered the toilet, checked with me regarding the price and then booked an installation and arrived on time. They are a well managed firm. The plumber was courteous, neat and skilled. Couldn’t have asked for more. I’ll return to them.

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review. :)

Ryan
Ryan

Replace Outdoor Water Shutoff Valve

I was in search of a plumber to replace my outdoor water shutoff valve and reached out to a few companies for quotes. Horizon Plumbing was first to respond and I am so happy I went with them.

From the moment I contacted them, they were professional, courteous, and provided me with an appointment date and time within a few hours.

I got text notifications for my initial appointment and updates when they were on their way. It was great to also get a 1 hour time window versus the 4-6 hour windows of some of the other companies.

Marc from Horizon arrived right on time and got straight to work. The job was completed quickly, and efficiently. he took the time to show me the work he completed and also double checked my other valves to make sure there was no issues.

The job was within the quote with no hidden costs and I really appreciated the professional service.

Thank you for the great job, I will definitely call Horizon in the future for any plumbing issues.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this kind review Ryan! It was a pleasure working with you. :)

Marc
Marc

Installation of kitchen sink

We cannot recommend Horizon Plumbing enough. This was not the first time that we had used their services and certainly will not be the last.

The booking process is highly efficient. We were contacted asking if Jean could arrive a little earlier. Jean is a pleasure to deal with, very personable, polite and efficient and left the area that he worked on spotless. He demonstrated true professional throughout.

Thank you for the kind review Marc! Jean is definitely a gem. :)

Silvia
Silvia

Dishwasher install & plumbing

I cannot be more satisfied with the quality of service provided by Horizon. They first keep you updated via texts in terms of when they are coming, and who will be coming.
Marc came on time, fixed our plumbing issues, installed our new dishwasher, and took the old one with him, all for a reasonable price. He also described in detail what the issue was and improved the surrounding plumbing.
I would HIGHLY recommend Horizon to anyone in the Ottawa area (we are located in Kanata/Stittsville).

Hi Silvia, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for your kind words. :)

Nicolas
Nicolas
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Kitchen Sink & Faucet Installation

Horizon Plumbing provided us quality services at a reasonable price. We hired them on two separate occasions to (1) install shut-off valves and (2) install a new kitchen faucet and drain. On both occasions, the plumbers were courteous and completed their work quickly and efficiently.

Horizon Plumbing's communication was also great. It was easy to schedule the work and their dispatch system did a good job at notifying us of the plumber's arrival.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review Nicolas, we look forward to working with you again in the future. :)

Dan McManus from Kanata
Dan McManus from Kanata
4 reviews Kanata, ON

mew water shutoff valve on laundry room sink water lines

Great service. We needed shutoff valves to be installed on our laundry room sink water lines. The horizon guys were very efficient and put the shut-off valves at a proper height to make it possible to install the new sink so the lines from the faucet could reach the threaded connectors on the pipers. Very efficient service at a great price. I have found my new plumber. I am sure my old plumber would have charged more than Horizon plumbing for this job. Look no further if you want a company to do a good job at a reasonable price.

Thanks so much Dan! :)

France in Toronto
France in Toronto

Frozen/cracked hose pipe

Pipe had frozen and cracked inside the house due to bad isolation in the wall and previous installation in an angle where it was impossible to empty it completely before winter.
Technician made sure it was installed in a different position where this wouldn’t happen anymore and also chose a pipe with a valve further away from the wall and suggested to add some isolation around that spot.
Technician was really good and very knowledgable. The only small negative thing is that I wished they carried that pipe or had it available close by so that he didn’t need to come back a second time which would’ve saved a bit of money. Otherwise a very good experience and would call them back and recommend them with no hesitation!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review France, it was a pleasure working with you.

I would like to clarify with regards to the second visit, the part that was required is not a standard one, therefore, we had to special order it. The cause of the leak was that a standard 8" hose bib was previously installed where an 18" one was required. The technician took extra care to ensure that he installed the correct one in order to prevent a future leak.

We are looking forward to working with you again in the future. :)

Tony in Ottawa
Tony in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Needed to fix pipe following dishwasher install

We had a new dishwasher installed (by the retailer) and because of the setup of the new one the door spring was rubbing against a copper elbow on the water pipe entering the kitchen. The installer said it would have to be moved eventually.

I called Horizon to book the job and they were great. Very responsive and very helpful customer service.

In terms of the job itself Phil showed up on time, took a good look at the issue and talked to me about what my concerns were (worries the pipe would leak) and what they weren’t (don’t care about the spring noise). He then figured out a solution that was easier and cheaper for me. He put a modified PVC union on the section of pipe as reinforcement and that solved the problem and saved a lot of time, work, and money.

The install, though improvised, is clean, solid, and secure.

The charge was for the minimum which wasn’t really cheap for what was done in the end but certainly worth it for me. I now don’t have to worry about a hidden leak behind the dishwasher and above the finished basement next year or in five years. And it was cheaper than if he had just showed up and moved the pipe.

Great experience all around.

Thanks so much Tony! So glad we could resolve the issue for you. :)

More about Horizon Plumbing And Piping Systems

At Horizon Plumbing & Piping Systems, the health, safety and well being of our customers, employees and partners is our priority. We are implementing measures to help keep everyone safe. As the Covid-19 pandemic evolves

Our professionals aim to out perform the competition. If you are looking to get it done once and get it done right, we are your choice. With multiple generations of knowledge, we offer you the value of experience while embracing the most modern progressive techniques to guarantee a worry free outcome. We back this with a lifetime underground warranty and a 2 year above ground warranty.

Horizon Plumbing and Piping Systems owner and founder Marc Rainville is a licensed plumber with more then 20 years experience in the field of plumbing. Also a certified Electronic Engineer, Marc specializes in solving problems and troubleshooting issues in a smarter and more efficient manner, saving you time and putting some of your hard earned money back in your pocket. We are a fully equipped company and can handle anything from the smallest household leaks to large building maintenance. Feel free to give us a call to see if we are the right plumbing company for your project.

Plumbing
Water Piping of Choice We carry and install all types of water piping. Our preferred piping choice is Wersbo Aquapex. This material carries a 25 Year manufacturers warranty. Guaranteeing that your investment into your plumbing system is long term.
- Residential repairs and installations - Drain cleaning of all sizes - Drain flushing - Camera inspection - Small and l​arge renovations - Commercial maintenance - Commercial installations and projects
There are many great brands and styles to choose from in the industry. However, some can be very difficult to service. We always recommend three in particular. American Standard, Delta and Moen. The ability to easily service these products along with readily available parts are saving you time and money.
Keep it simple. Today's cars are so advanced that when they break down or need replacement parts they cost a small fortune. The same can be said for plumbing fixtures. Over complicated fixtures can often lead to complicated repair solutions down the road.
An Industry first. Have you ever wanted peace of mind that the job was done right? Call us for a blocked main drain and the camera inspection is always free. We aim to do the job right the first time and the camera will prove it. This is roughly a $300 service city wide. We believe the camera is a tool not a cash grab.
2014