Go Heating & Cooling

Reviews for Go Heating & Cooling

Rob in Toronto
Rob in Toronto
2 reviews St. Thomas, ON

Takes forever, does a bad job, and won't do the job he was hired for

I was looking for someone to replace my ventilation with 4 inch thick ducts instead of 8 inch, so my basement ceiling wouldn't hit my head when the basement gets finished. Joel came, pretended to be competent and decent, and said he could do that, plus replace the furnace, AC and water heater for $10000 total, and finance it at $100/month. So I signed. Then he had others come to do the work, and they did everything badly. They did the following...
- Set the pins wrong on the water heater causing it to take 2 minutes to heat up until I paid someone else to fix it
- Placed the water heater and the ventilation pipes for it, it in a bad spot without asking where I wanted it, which included drilling my basement walls without checking if I liked the location
- Left clumsy pipes to the water heater, hanging down low all over the room (Joel said they'd be replaced with proper pipes later, but were never done)
- The furnace was placed in a different spot than I had asked for, and it's condensation hose leaked all over the floor.
- They put a pipe to the AC, but placed it UNDER a beam, when it could have easily been put OVER the beam, so that when the ceiling is finished, we wouldn't have to build around it...but they refused to do it that way. The basement is unfinished. It would have been so easy to put it above.
- They claimed to have brought "custom" ducts to replace the 8 inch ones I had, which was the original WHOLE POINT of this work, and the custom ducts were exactly the same size as what I had! Then they came back and brought 7 inch ducts instead of 8 inches...but still the same width, so it just reduced the airflow. I told them no, don't install those...get ducts that are 4 inches thick and double the width of the 8 inch ducts. Joel didn't want to do it. But that was exactly what he was originally hired for! Then I contacted the company to ask them to get Joel to do what was agreed to, not knowing Joel is the owner, and he got enraged that I tried to go "behind his back" to someone higher. But that's what people are supposed to do when an employee screws up fully, and refuses to do the work. Then he said he'll come back and do it. I waited a few months, then phoned, and they said "I'll tell Joel to call you today". I waited another month, and phoned again, and they said it again. That was a few months ago. Joel will NEVER do what he was originally hired to do, and will yell and swear at you when you try to get him to do it. He's not only unprofessional, but also a bit insane.

Jason
Jason
4 reviews St. Catharines, ON

Bathroom renovation

I put down a %75 deposit at the beginning of December for $8500. It is Febraury, and I have asked for a refund of the deposit. The company shows well, paperwork, website home stars reviews. Thankfully Homestars has taken this company off their recommended list. There have been a series of complaints regarding people not getting their money back, work not done, people being left hanging. I made a mistake; I empire you to avoid making the same mistake and avoid GO Heating and their rep Joel at all costs. I have used Homestars in the past with tremendous success. However, this contractor has taken my deposit and refuses to take my calls about a refund. Not a single minute of labour was performed. Avoid at all costs. Estimation for two baths renovati ms was about $11000.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Kitchen sink

Was sent by my hpme.insurance to fix a clogged sink last year. They quoted me for something that they wanted replaced but obviously is not the issue. JOEL even threatened me that if i did not have him replace the pipes, he will report to the insurance that my piping was the issue and I wont get coverage. To make things short, i somehow agreed to have them fix the problem outside of the insurance claim and guess what? They could not.unclog the sink... it took them 10hours replacing pipes which did npt fix the problem. i
called another company and within 10mins, my sink was unclogged.
1 year later, i get a bill from GO heating for $62,000 that i apparently owe? They will take advantage, please beware

Emma
Emma
2 reviews St. Catharines, ON

Heating consult

Joel was incredibly helpful and patient with all my questions. He was knowledges and discussed all the options with me.

Thanks so much for your feed back!

Gas Fireplace/Stove

Arrived early and was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Provided affordable options. Exceeded our expectations. He was able to answer questions.

Thanks so much for your feed back!

N
N
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Kitchen Sink Overflow

My tenant had a backed up kitchen sink that was overflowing and also causing water damage in the basement. Joel was able to get out there within an hour and have the issue resolved. He updated me and shared photos/videos of the situation.

He was very professional (work a mask, removed shoes); my tenant was very happy with how quickly the matter was resolved.

Thank you so much!

0 reviews Kitchener, ON

Kitchen sink clog

Had a clog in our kitchener sink. Showed up quick. Fixed the problem. Very friendly. Highly recommend

Toilet clogged

He was great fixed it right away after I tried even with a snake and plunger

Thanks so much for your feedback :)

Yemi
Yemi
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Humidity Issues

Joel was very knowledgeable and solution oriented. He let us know how the humidity issues we were experiencing could be resolved and also proposed solutions to maximize all round efficiency. I would recommend Joel for your heating and cooling projects.

Thanks so much for your positive feedback, means the world to us that you'd recommend us :)

Dylan in Toronto
Dylan in Toronto

Dryer audit

Great service that was also free. He provided insight and experience about my ventilation and dryer that I didn't even consider!

Thanks so much for your feed back

More about Go Heating & Cooling

Go Heating LTD is affordable, reliable home heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical and renovations to Canadians all over Ontario. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly, knowledgeable service and advice. See website for more information on what brands we carry and how we can help you. We ...
Looking for Drain Services pros in Oshawa?