Siding
P.C.L. Interior & Exterior Finishes Inc.

Reviews for P.C.L. Interior & Exterior Finishes Inc.

Laurie in Toronto
Laurie in Toronto

Hardie board siding and spray foam insulation

From my first meeting with Rob to discuss re-siding my house with Hardie board, PCL has gone above and beyond what most contractors will do. Before even beginning the project, Rob provided three different quotes/options for the siding (it took me a while to realize Rob’s original approach was the right one), answered all my questions and generally displayed the patience of a saint. Whenever a problem arose or I changed my mind about something or expanded the scope of the project, Rob responded immediately and got his team or other contractors to sort things out.

As for the quality of PCL’s workmanship, it is excellent. My house is 130-years-old and there were a number of surprises and challenges along the way that got dealt with quickly and professionally: three layers of siding that had to be removed, asbestos, windows and doors that stuck out too far after removing that many layers of house, shoddy work from previous renovations and a lot of finessing to compensate for crooked everything. Rob’s team, led by Greg, who is all about the little details that kick things up a notch from a good job to a great job, took everything in stride. Greg always talked me through the problem, presented options and helped me make big and small decisions about what to do. With Greg running the show, a lot of angst and meltdowns were averted!

Regarding budget, this was a well managed project. The only person who blew the budget was me by constantly adding on extra work. When working through the scope and project quote, I asked Rob what sort of contingency fund I should budget for given the age of my house, neglect and unknown damage from water and carpenter ants, all of which were issues. Barring structural damage, Rob said 10 per cent would more than cover any problems that might need to be addressed. He was right on the money— including unexpected and pricey asbestos abatement, extra costs associated with the original scope of the quote fell well within 10 per cent of the total budget.

Finally, I have to give a shout out to Greg, Frank, Carlos, TK and Sergio who worked their magic and did such an excellent job. Working from home due to Covid, I can’t imagine spending 4.5 weeks with a better or nicer group of people taking over my yard, tearing my house apart and putting it all back together again. Their integrity, work ethic, skill and craftsmanship, camaraderie and good humour made a long, noisy, dirty and disruptive process a pleasure. They were also great with my neighbours, who watched the project unfold. Everybody liked the guys, was impressed with the quality of their work and have nothing but compliments about the finished product.

I can’t recommend PCL highly enough. PCL is not the cheapest company they’re worth every penny!

Your words are very kind and its people like yourself that make our job easy to accomplish. Thank you for trusting us with your new beautiful home.

Robert

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Hardie Board install

Great friendly crew, good communication with client, great attention to detail. A+ work - very pleased with all

Thanks mark we would work with you anytime.

Jasen in Toronto
Jasen in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

Exterior window boxes

After having a terrible experience with a past “contractor”, Roberto and his team at PCL really knocked it out of the park. Not only was the work done professionally and meticulously but also the communication and customer service was an A+.
I would 100% recommend PCL to one in need.

Hi Jasen
Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working for you.

Robert

Nicole W.
Nicole W.

Longboard siding, Windows and Doors, Roof, Eavestroughs

We were very satisfied with Rob and his team (especially Carlos and Frank). It’s refreshing to find people who care so much about the quality of their work. Rob was always available whenever we had any concerns and addressed things quickly. We would not be hesitate to recommend Rob and P.C.L. to anyone.

Thank you Nicole and Mike, we loved working on your new beautiful home. We are always here for you both.

Thanks
PCL

Nanda a.
Nanda a.

Installing new windows, eavestroughs, soffit and Hardie Board siding

Rob and his crew did a great job on the exterior renovation of our home and we are very happy with the end result. The process went smoothly and they were wonderful to work with. It couldn't have gone any better.

Nanda & Peter
It was great working together on your home project. Thank you for trusting our company with the transformation of your beautiful home!!

From all of us at PCL.

Stacey
Stacey

Cladding replacement

Rob and his team tackled this project with immense professionalism and skill. The job comprised replacing rotting wood cladding (more than 30 years old) with James Hardie fibre cement siding. It was no small feat navigating the many angles associated with the building and we were very impressed with the final product. Greg was the foreman on the project and his detail-oriented focus meant no small finish was left unattended to. This was incredibly important given the age of the building and state of decay. The team's knowledge of the product and installation skill was incredible and importantly, they made sure to communicate constantly with the condo board overseeing the project. They kept within the budget set forth at the start and delivered a product we are very happy with. We've received a number of compliments from neighbours and passers-by speaking to the aesthetic quality of the work. Would definitely recommend PCL Interior

Hi Stacey
This was a great project and we all worked well together to get it done. Thank you for all on the condo board for your patience.

Andremarchese73
Andremarchese73
0 reviews Puslinch, ON

Windows, doors, trim

Absolutely delighted with the work performed by Rob and his team.
Despite how extensive this project was, it couldn’t have gone better.
The level of professionalism displayed far exceeded my expectations, in fact everything did.
Rob has an extremely high standard when it comes to both his team and clients.
Don’t fall in the trap of trying to save money while compromising quality.
PCL is not the most inexpensive, but their quality of materials and craftsmanship is the best I’ve ever seen and I’ve been dealing with trades for decades.
Remember, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
If you want the best look no further than the pros at PCL.

THANKS ROB!!!

We thank you very much for your kind words it was a joy working on your home!!

silvana.bartella
silvana.bartella

Windows and Doors

We contacted P.C.L. Interior and Exterior Finishes earlier this year regarding our Windows and Doors. Upon completion we were very happy with the work that was done to our home, It’s as if we live in a brand new home. I found Rob to be very patient and took the time to explain which windows and doors would compliment our home. George did a fantastic job with the install not to mention very precise. We would definitely recommend P.C.L Interior & Exterior to our friends and Family. We will definitely be contacting them for future renovations to our backyard. Thank you Rob, you have made one family very happy!

Thank you very much for your kind words Silvana. Thank you for trusting our company to work on your home.

PCL Exterior & Interior Finishes Inc.

George
George

Exterior renovations

This was a big job! It started on May 21, 2019 and was completed on July 4, 2019.

The work involved removing the existing aluminium siding, the felt insulation behind the siding, the ‘gyproc’ and the fibreglass batt insulation on the second storey of my home. This was followed by the application of expanding spray foam between the studs, affixing ½ inch plywood and ‘Tyvek’ to the exterior of the house. Next, came the installation of the James Hardie trim, lap siding and shingles as specified and the final stage was installing new soffit, fascia and eavestrough.

James Hardie Building Products are manufacturers of premium siding products and P.C.L. Interior and Exterior Finishes Inc. (“PCL”) is a preferred installer of this product.

The change to the appearance of my home was transformational. We have increased the ‘curb appeal’ and have received many positive comments from neighbours. My wife and I are very pleased and very happy with the final result.

In the early stage of my discussions with Rob (the owner of PCL) he asked if I would like to increase the r-factor in the walls and then he explained how the existing insulation can be removed and replaced with expanding foam. This makes the house stiffer and increases the insulative factor. I am looking forward to having a more comfortable home and some payback over the coming years through lowered heating and cooling costs.

When I invited Rob to come and quote on the work, he took very detailed notes and measurements and provided me with a very specific estimate listing all items and costs. He provided excellent advice all the way through the end of the job and was always available for consultation with us.

Rob and the crew from PCL were all hardworking, courteous, knowledgeable and willing to please us. The crew were well-trained, and it was a pleasure to have them here. I had a lot of fun working with these guys too.

We had a few ‘hiccups’ along the way but everything was completely resolved to our satisfaction.

If I was doing another project such as this, I would have no hesitation in using PCL again and if we have any future interior work to be completed, I will be calling Rob.

If you are contemplating a similar renovation you can have complete confidence in PCL that the job will be completed to your satisfaction with high standards in a professional way.

Hi George
We are so appreciative of your kind words. It was great working together with you to bring your ideas to life.
Thank you once again for your trust in our abilities to complete your home project.

Casey
Casey

Siding

Team was fantastic to work with and reliable. They were conscious and attended to details. I would highly recommend them.

Thanks for trusting us with your home project

More about P.C.L. Interior & Exterior Finishes Inc.

P.C.L. Interior & Exterior Finishes Inc. Located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) we are your first choice for custom Exterior home renovation design and construction. Our sought after experience and quality gives you the ultimate in value and beauty for all of your Exterior needs.

We specialize in may types of Cladding Systems., such as James Hardie fiber cement products, Cape Cod, Maibec or Fraser wood siding products, NewTechWood - Wood Composites, Custom wood soffit & fascia, custom exterior moldings, eco friendly decks and walls, aluminum soffit, fascia and eavestrough, Masonry works, exterior painting and roofing (subcontracted to licensed trades). All of our products meet or exceed the high standards that we have become known for and our repeat customers and clients reflect that.

Our professional interior home improvement services include inside remodels , custom interior trim & mouldings, design & re-designing of fire places, drywall & taping, electrical wiring & lighting (subcontracted to licensed trades), all types of flooring, and painting. We also connect our clients to designer stores for furniture, electrical and plumbing fixtures, tiles and granites. We provide direct connection with design teams for kitchens, baths and home remodeling at no expense to our clients.

Fully insured and licensed, our staff are pleased to offer free estimates and consultations to homeowners. With careful and meticulous planning P.C.L. Interior & Exterior Finishes Inc. will design, renovate and complete your custom work within your scope and budget while maintaining an exceptionally high quality of workmanship.

Our professional home design and renovation team extend their services to the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), Downtown Toronto, The Beaches and East End Toronto. We look forward to meeting with you and extend our thanks to our many satisfied customers.