Marcson Homes

Reviews for Marcson Homes

Kara in Edmonton
Kara in Edmonton

Terrible New Home Builder

This builder is absolutely terrible. They have had extremely poor communication throughout my home-buying process. I signed my original contract with them in March. It is now September and I have no construction drawings. I was told 10-12 months for construction and they are not possibly reaching 12 months if they actually followed through today. They have had extremely poor communication. I have been following up with them for months and nothing. They still haven't done anything and I finished everything on my side as quickly as possible - contract signing, mortgage approval, down payment given, interior selections done, etc. I've worked in the home building industry for years prior and I've built a new home with another builder before so I am very aware of how this all works. This builder has been absolutely unaccountable and not been following through. Buyer beware!! I would never build with them again. I wanted a specific neighbourhood and they were unfortunately the only choice at the time.

Brad in Saint Albert
Brad in Saint Albert

New home build

At the beginning my wife and I were very impressed with all aspects of the process.

However that changed once it was completed.

Don't get me wrong we love the layout and functionality of out home. Its everything else that we have been dealing with.

Communication has been dreadful, customer service dreadful, ownership of deficiencies dreadful.

There is 1 man that has been a shining light through all of this, but i will not name names.

We are still dealing with 1 yr review deficiencies 6 months
later and cannot get any answers.

Maybe i have too high of expectations!?!?

Cjmertz
Cjmertz

New home build in Cameron Heights

After we sold our home we were looking to downsize and found these wonderful looking townhomes in west Edmonton, Cameron Heights. The show homes looked quite nice and had nice finishings. We purchased a unit and had to wait about 3 weeks for them to finish it. After we moved in the very first night when my daughter went to have a shower, the whole head flew off the wall and there was water running everywhere. Luckily my husband was there and turn off the water. We have an upstairs laundry and within the first year there was moisture collecting in the wall on the other side. They sent someone out to look at it and all he did was patch it. It happened again and this time it created an even bigger water mark on the wall ruining the drywall. We had to hire someone to come and check it and paid a blood fortune for him to fix it as the wrong piece was used in the roof for venting, so it was basically venting all the moist air from the clothes dryer in the wall.
Next after the first time we had our carpets cleaned, multiple areas in the carpet have since buckled and the man we hired to come and re-stretch our carpets said they were poorly installed and not tight enough. This also cost us a fortune. I would not recommend Marcson homes to anyone nor would I EVER purchase a house from them. Shoddy and poor workmanship.

Barry
Barry

Amazing Service

This was my first time building a home and the sales person that assisted me was absolutely fantastic. Ola was helpful every step of the way from our first meeting to the last. Ola's knowledge of the business was invaluable when answering all (and I had a lot) of the questions I had. Ola was transparent through every step of the process, she asked me to trust her and I am so happy I did. The finished home was absolutely world class and I could not be happier with it!
Thank you Ola and thank you Marcson Homes!

Rudy in Edmonton
Rudy in Edmonton

Excellent Service from Show Home Rep

My wife and I have been looking at a few different options for downsizing. We have looked at various options, pre-owned homes, new homes, etc ..

When we walked into the Marcson show home in Sherwood Park last week, we were immediately impressed by the home and also by Graham. He send out of his way to assist us, and he had immediate and definite answers. Greatly appreciated.

Chad, thank you for your kind words. The Marcus Showhome is one of our favourites! We will always be here for you when the timing is right for you. Reach out should we be able to give you any assistance!

Brinsmead in Edmonton
Brinsmead in Edmonton

Dream home and a fantastic Sales Manager

We are beyond thrilled with our new home by Marcson Homes. The layout checked all of our boxes and then some, and the home inspector could barely find a thing to nitpick. It's excellently built!

We've been working with Graham, who has consistently bent over backwards to make the home-buying experience as smooth as possible. He has met us at various late-night and mid-afternoon hours at locations convenient for us, he's been consistently available through texting and phonecalls, he has been clear and transparent when it comes to paperwork and other requirements, and he's just been a great, honest guy to work with.

Thus far into our home ownership journey, we would highly recommend Marcson Homes.

Thank you for your review, and I am pleased to hear you love your Marcson Home!

Mikhail in Saint Albert
Mikhail in Saint Albert

Home Buying Process

We have worked with Graham and he has made the whole process of buying our first home so much easier! He has been very accessible and open for conversation. We have been able to reach out to him in person, via email, and by phone/text and he is always able to give us the information we need in a timely manner. We appreciate having him on our team. The home is beautiful and we are excited to be starting our lives in the beautiful community of Edgemont with Marcson homes and The Noah.

Thank you for your message! We love Graham as well! Thank you for your trust in us; we hope you love your beautiful Noah model.

Private in Sherwood Park
Private in Sherwood Park
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

Graham in Aspen Trails is amazing!

We have been working with Graham in Aspen Trails to build our home. Construction is just getting started and the process and communication so far has been awesome! Graham is quick to find the answer to any of our questions. He has helped us be excited for the process and I cannot wait for our home to be complete! He is patient, kind and easy to talk to. It feels like your visiting with a friend who cares a lot about making sure we are happy! Highly recommend working with Graham!

Private User reviews Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Graham in Aspen Trails is Awesome

Despite not being the successful offer, I am so impressed with the service from Graham in Aspen Trails. He was honest and upfront about everything. He was patient, kind and knowledgable. A very sincere and genuine person to work with.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

DO NOT USE THEM

-6 months late on timeline.
-home did not have water when we moved in
-2 weeks of trades in every day as home was not complete
-construction quality is sub par
-customer service is brutal
-once they have your money they will not do anything for you
-stay away from these guys.
-still waiting on multiple repairs found 8 months ago that were not seasonal items

Hello Private User

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Maybe we can turn things around for you. Please reach out to us so that we can make things right!

More about Marcson Homes

Marcson Homes team is made up of dedicated people who live and breathe the homes they build. From our Management team to our New Home Specialists who will ask the right questions to ensure they find you a home that is the best fit. Our drafting team who piece together each home’s intricate details, and our estimators who work hard day in and day out to get us the best pricing which in turn gets passed onto you. Our construction team with endless years of expertise are meticulous in putting together a home you will find comfortable, safe, and that you will be so proud to call home. Our dedicated service department ensures that your concierge service continues long after you have moved in. Award-winning new home builder in Edmonton, Sherwood Park and Leduc. Visit a show home today or give us a call at (780) 466-8831.