Formerly Infinity Decks & Renos

Eric
Eric
12 reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

New Fence between the neighbour

Matt and Neville showed up the day they promised and completed the job to meet our satisfaction.
Matt was able to squeeze in this project despite his busy schedule.
It was a relatively small project but Matt didn't take it lightly and now we have a privacy in our backyard.
I'd recommend Matt and his team. They are professional and know what they are doing!!

Thanks Matt and Neville for your great job done..

Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to write us an amazing review!!!

Enjoy your privacy and we're looking forward to our next project.

Matt and crew

Sara in Thornhill
Sara in Thornhill

Backyard Deck

After interviewing several contractors I met with Matt. He immediately struck me as an honest and hard working individual. I hired Matt and he did not disappoint. He started the deck on the date promised (even though it was raining) and worked almost non stop to ensure the work was completed on time. The deck looks beautiful and I have had many compliments from friends. I look forward to having Matt come back in the spring to seal the deck. I would definitely rehire Matt for future projects and recommend his services to others.

May 26,2020 Update

As I noted in my review last year Matt had agreed to come back in the Spring to sand/seal my deck. He indicated that the wood needed to cure before sealing it. He asked that I contact him in May. I emailed Matt on May 1 to book the time for him to come and seal my deck. When I did not hear back, I sent him a second email on May 5. When I still did not hear from Matt, I left him a voice mail message on May 21. To date I have not heard from Matt. He has not responded at all. Very disappointing. I find the caliber of a company is not measured by the service provided while the last payment is owing but rather the customer service and responsiveness after the work is done.

In my view Matt failed in this respect. For this reason I no longer recommend his services.

Update May 28, 2020 Response to Contractor

Hi Matt, I am disappointed too!! I trusted you! First of all, I not only sent you emails but I also left you a VM message at the same number that is on your website. You did not respond. For the record the emails I sent to you did not come back. In my experience when an email is sent to an "inactive" mailbox it is returned "undelivered". In this case they WERE NOT.

I want to remind you this is not the first time you were unresponsive. You will recall, last year after you finished the job I called you to report concerns relating to cracking boards and large cracks on the posts. At that time, you were also unresponsive! I finally I left you a VM message expressing disappointment and I had not written the Homestars Review. You showed up unexpected one day and discussed my concerns with me. You apologized for the lack of response, you told me the cracks were normal. You replaced one board which you had installed with a stamped logo right in the middle of the deck. I mentioned to you the lack of response was not good but trusted you and gave you the benefit of doubt and promised to give you a good review on Homestars.

This year there are even more cracks on the boards and I am concerned.

As for the sealing, THERE IS NO DOUBT AT ALL AS TO WHAT YOU SAID. Had you told me you don't do that type of work or to look for someone else I would have done it. As further proof that I did not misunderstand you, please refer back to my original review. I ended it by stating you will be back to do the sealing. I know you read the review because you thanked me for it on the Homestars page. I also note you placed my review on your website. By reading it and placing it on your website you accepted it as an accurate representation. Yet if you thought I "misunderstood" your commitment to seal the deck why did you not alert me or place a comment on Homestars. I will tell you why. Because you know I am telling the truth, you did commit to do the sealing of the deck in the spring.

In conclusion, this is not the first time you were unresponsive. The first time you showed up because you knew the Homestars review is very important to you and you wanted your perfect score. I gave you the benefit of doubt once but clearly now that the review was written you had no interest in getting back to me and you clearly show a pattern of unresponsiveness, at least in my case.

This could have been cleared up very easily with a quick call or email, even if you changed your mind or were unable do keep your promise.

People like me rely on Homestars as guidance when selecting contractors. I trust that those that take the time to write reviews are truthful and accurate when writing reviews, as I am. Otherwise, the purpose of Homestars would be useless. I think people are generally interested in the “whole” experience before and after the job is finished and to me, responsiveness is one of the things I look for. Clearly, as a Contractor you know that homeowners, like myself, think Homestars is a valuable tool. You’d be better off learning from the experience and looking as to why you have a dissatisfied customer so that you can fix the issue rather than just being preoccupied about the score.

By the way Matt, I did not "sabotage" your Homestars score. YOU "sabotaged" it by your lack of responsiveness and inability to keep commitments. You should focus more on Customer Service as a whole NOT just for the sake of a good Homestars review/score.

Keep safe!
Sara

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you Sara!!!

May 28, 2020

Hi Sara,
Let me start with that I’m really disappointed by you for sabotaging our perfect business score on HomeStars by changing your 10 star review to 4star! We work very hard and take a lot of pride in our level of service even after a completion of a project and this is the reason for our perfect score.

I would understand this action on your part if you had paid for this service and we never held our end of our agreement. But that is not the case here!

Last year I advised you to contact me next year and if I have a crew member to seal it for you I would send him to take care of this.
I do not offer this service to any of my clients as this is not a service we specialize in. I advise my clients to find a reputable company on HomeStars. We updated our website as well as email account recently and we apologize that your emails did not get redirected. Our new email is info@theinfinitydecks.com. It is really disheartening to see what you have wrote here especially during this pandemic where most of my crew are not working. You were never promised this service nor have you paid for this.

I won’t be able to send someone to seal the deck for you and I advise you to look for a company on HomeStars.

All the best.

Matt

Rick
Rick

Deck at side entrance

Had to tear down an old deck at the side of the house and build a mew one

They started on time and did excellent work. The price was reasonable considering the quality of work.

I would certainly recommend them for great deck work.

Matt was a pleasure to work with

Thank you, Rick!

David
David

Backyard Deck

Very pleased with the work. Started and finished as planned. Matt and team was great.

Thanks, David for taking the time to give us amazing feedback!
I hope your little ones are happy with their castle and make beautiful memories out there.

Enjoy the rest of the summer

Matt and Crew

Chris in Bradford
Chris in Bradford
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Backyard Deck

Matt and his team were amazing to work with from start to finish. They were fast to come on site, take measurements for our project and got us a quote by the next day with drawings. From start to finish they were amazing and very professional. When on-site they were courteous and helpful and even went above and beyond to help us remove some trees that were in the way of our new deck. The quality of the work was fantastic, finished perfectly and Matt even went out and added some lights to give it that extra finish! Very happy and would definitely recommend Infinity for all your deck needs!

Thank you very much Chris for sharing this. It was a pleasure working with you. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Front porch

Crew was professional, friendly and delivered what we needed when we needed it. I would recommend them to any home owner looking for quality work, a great working relationship, and great value for money.

Kyle
Kyle

Deck and Gazebo

Matt and his crew were on time and worked diligently on this project. It was priced fair compared to other estimates. We are very happy with Matt’s work and his attention to detail! On site they were courteous, polite and clean. Matt was willing to stay until we were happy with the final project and had to accommodate changes through the building stages.

Thank you for this amazing review!
We had a lot of fun working on this project and we're very happy with how it turned out.

Also, like to thank you from all of us for your hospitality.

Cathy
Cathy
2 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

deck build

This is the second job that Infinity decks has completed for us. Matt and his crew continue to exhibit the utmost professionalism and are very particular that their finished work is the best it can be. Matt goes above and beyond and we couldn't be happier with our finished deck. we would highly recommend Matt and Infinity Decks for any project.

Thank you, Cathy and Andy!
enjoy your summer 😀

Matt and crew

Pat in Toronto
Pat in Toronto

Fence project

Thank you Matt for the amazing fence and gate!

Matt delivered on all promises in terms of quality and timelines despite the inclement weather on day one. He kept the work site safe and tidy and took great care with all the details. My new fence and gate are amazing!

I recommend Matt and Infinity decks to everyone. Im hoping Matt will do more work for me next year!

Thank you Pat, for your hospitality and your amazing review!
looking forward to our next project.

Matt and Crew

dannycampagna in Maple
dannycampagna in Maple
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Pressure treated fence

Matt did a great job installing the 6 x 6 posts, he took his time in making sure the posts were straight and plumb. I also noticed that the posts were not cracked or warped they were in good condition . He showed up when he said , has great attitude takes pride in what he does . He also kept his work site very clean, I would highly recommend him.

Thank you Danny! Enjoy your privacy!

More about Infinity Decks

Infinity decks is going on its 10th year manifesting outdoor living dreams into realities in The GTA.

We are an award-winning client-focused contractor, and a craftsman at heart.

Our winning team is selected carefully to provide you the pinnacles of talent, professionalism and commitment necessary to execute every step. We work patiently with every client to ensure that from the first sketches to the final screw, our standard of excellence is your absolute satisfaction.

We are licensed contractors offering liability insurance and bond, along with Workers Comp Insurance.

We love to dream big and welcome projects of any size, from the simple to the complex. We invite you to check out our portfolio, read through our glowing reviews and when you’re ready to get the job done — give us a call.

We're social here: